Skip to content

Arabelle can't be healed

I was trying to save Hullrik's cow Arabelle from a marauding band of Xvarts (in the Lonely Peaks north of the Naskel Carnival) but I couldn't kill the Xvarts fast enough so I cast Cure Light Wounds on her to give me more time. The feedback said that Arabelle had been healed but her health bar stayed the same. Poor Arabelle died (and I missed out on some experience and a boost to my reputation).

I think we need a new patch to resolve this problem.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it could have been that she was at 1 hp and if you use cure light wounds, it wasn't enough to bring the health bar up one

from what i recall the EEs gave her more HP since now xzarts have +4 to hit/to damage on her because she doesnt have a weapon equipped

if you want to win this fight easier, use spells like sleep, glitterdust, command, blindess, hold person ( or if you are super hard core; emotion hopelessness or hold monster )

that way the xzarts will be incapacitated and you will be able to take them out before they kill the cow
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2019
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    it could have been that she was at 1 hp and if you use cure light wounds, it wasn't enough to bring the health bar up one

I hadn't thought of that. So Arabelle must actually have loads of hit points at the start. What level cow is she?
    from what i recall the EEs gave her more HP since now xzarts have +4 to hit/to damage on her because she doesnt have a weapon equipped

Sounds like they came up with the wrong solution. What they should have done is equipped her with a weapon. Maybe a katana or a ninjato.
    if you want to win this fight easier, use spells like sleep, glitterdust, command, blindess, hold person ( or if you are super hard core; emotion hopelessness or hold monster )

that way the xzarts will be incapacitated and you will be able to take them out before they kill the cow

I was playing with a two-person party with no casters. To be honest I wasn't too bothered about failing to get the experience. I just thought it was amusing that my attempts to heal the cow didn't appear to have any effect. After all, right at the start of the game I played a vital roll in curing Nessa so I felt I should be able to do the same for Arabelle.

Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    well this cow has 5 better AC of a normal cow ( so this one has AC 5 ) i guess that is to make up for the +4 to hit/to damage bonus the xvarts get,

plus the cow has 60 HP, so i believe that is exactly what happened, she was probably down to 1 or 2 damage and you cast cure light wounds and it wasn't enough to move the HP bar since she was still at near death
    well this cow has 5 better AC of a normal cow ( so this one has AC 5 ) i guess that is to make up for the +4 to hit/to damage bonus the xvarts get

So does this mean Arabelle is a swashbuckler? (I'm assuming she can't be a monk or the xvarts wouldn't be getting +4 to hit.)

well this cow has 5 better AC of a normal cow ( so this one has AC 5 ) i guess that is to make up for the +4 to hit/to damage bonus the xvarts get

So does this mean Arabelle is a swashbuckler? (I'm assuming she can't be a monk or the xvarts wouldn't be getting +4 to hit.)

actually her class is; Food Creature

hahaha

apparently she has no race and her racial enemy is kobold, interesting

holy moly, she also comes in with 50% slashing damage as well, too bad that doesn't help her against short swords, my assumption is that slashing damage resistance was supposed to be for piercing, hahaha
    50% slashing damage resistance? That's not to be sniffed at. Plus you get a racial enemy and natural armour class 5? That's me decided - next playthrough my Charname is going to be a Food Creature.