Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Arabelle can't be healed

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,322
I was trying to save Hullrik's cow Arabelle from a marauding band of Xvarts (in the Lonely Peaks north of the Naskel Carnival) but I couldn't kill the Xvarts fast enough so I cast Cure Light Wounds on her to give me more time. The feedback said that Arabelle had been healed but her health bar stayed the same. Poor Arabelle died (and I missed out on some experience and a boost to my reputation).

I think we need a new patch to resolve this problem.

SCARY_WIZARDlolien

Comments

  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,735
    it could have been that she was at 1 hp and if you use cure light wounds, it wasn't enough to bring the health bar up one

    from what i recall the EEs gave her more HP since now xzarts have +4 to hit/to damage on her because she doesnt have a weapon equipped

    if you want to win this fight easier, use spells like sleep, glitterdust, command, blindess, hold person ( or if you are super hard core; emotion hopelessness or hold monster )

    that way the xzarts will be incapacitated and you will be able to take them out before they kill the cow

    Permidion_StarkSCARY_WIZARD
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,322
    edited September 1
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    it could have been that she was at 1 hp and if you use cure light wounds, it wasn't enough to bring the health bar up one

    I hadn't thought of that. So Arabelle must actually have loads of hit points at the start. What level cow is she?
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    from what i recall the EEs gave her more HP since now xzarts have +4 to hit/to damage on her because she doesnt have a weapon equipped

    Sounds like they came up with the wrong solution. What they should have done is equipped her with a weapon. Maybe a katana or a ninjato.
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    if you want to win this fight easier, use spells like sleep, glitterdust, command, blindess, hold person ( or if you are super hard core; emotion hopelessness or hold monster )

    that way the xzarts will be incapacitated and you will be able to take them out before they kill the cow

    I was playing with a two-person party with no casters. To be honest I wasn't too bothered about failing to get the experience. I just thought it was amusing that my attempts to heal the cow didn't appear to have any effect. After all, right at the start of the game I played a vital roll in curing Nessa so I felt I should be able to do the same for Arabelle.

    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    sarevok57lolien
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,735
    well this cow has 5 better AC of a normal cow ( so this one has AC 5 ) i guess that is to make up for the +4 to hit/to damage bonus the xvarts get,

    plus the cow has 60 HP, so i believe that is exactly what happened, she was probably down to 1 or 2 damage and you cast cure light wounds and it wasn't enough to move the HP bar since she was still at near death

    Permidion_Stark
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,322
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    well this cow has 5 better AC of a normal cow ( so this one has AC 5 ) i guess that is to make up for the +4 to hit/to damage bonus the xvarts get

    So does this mean Arabelle is a swashbuckler? (I'm assuming she can't be a monk or the xvarts wouldn't be getting +4 to hit.)


  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,735
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    well this cow has 5 better AC of a normal cow ( so this one has AC 5 ) i guess that is to make up for the +4 to hit/to damage bonus the xvarts get

    So does this mean Arabelle is a swashbuckler? (I'm assuming she can't be a monk or the xvarts wouldn't be getting +4 to hit.)


    actually her class is; Food Creature

    hahaha

    apparently she has no race and her racial enemy is kobold, interesting

    holy moly, she also comes in with 50% slashing damage as well, too bad that doesn't help her against short swords, my assumption is that slashing damage resistance was supposed to be for piercing, hahaha

    Permidion_Starklolien
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,322
    50% slashing damage resistance? That's not to be sniffed at. Plus you get a racial enemy and natural armour class 5? That's me decided - next playthrough my Charname is going to be a Food Creature.

    sarevok57lolien
Sign In or Register to comment.