Skip to content

What's a good way to level?

I don't like to play a module like Darkness over Daggerford and automatically level up to 15. Am I the only one that finds that annoying?

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I haven't played Darkness over Daggerford but I also find that kind of thing annoying. I hate playing a character that I haven't started from level one. You could play another module first and export your character. It's a long time since I played it but I have a feeling that with the Kingmaker module you end up at about level 15. Or you could start a character in SoU and transfer them over when you have reached the level you need. It doesn't make much sense in role playing terms but I find it more satisfying than just starting out at 15th level.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited September 2019
    You could play modules that get you to that level first. For example Tyrants of the Moonsea (AL3) was the third module in a series, and it starts at 15. It was kind of planned that you could play AL1, the Siege of Shadowdale and Crimson Tides of Tethyr (AL2) to level 14.

You could go download those modules, play them through, then use the exported character in Darkness over Daggerford. I know you were planning on getting Tyrants of the Moonsea (saw your other thread), so you could use that level 14 character to play that as well, so it'd be prep for both campaigns.

You could also level up in something like Infinite Dungeons. Although, the gear from it would probably be overpowered for Darkness over Daggerford so if you chose to do that you may want to drop your gear. I'm sure there are other good options too, but these were off the top of my head.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited September 2019
    If the issue is simply that you want to customise your build, start the OC with a first level character, then use the console command

dm_givelevel 15

Go through the level up process 14 times, then export your character.

You can also use Leto to customise, or Pretty Good Character Creator which gives you some gear, too. Those tools are on the Vault.

Alternatively, if you want to earn your 15 levels through hard graft, there is the Hero's Path.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Depending on your playstyle and the number of allies you have in your party (henchmen, familiars/animal companions, summoned monsters), you might also finish the NWN OC around level 15 or 16, making it a natural springboard to head into DoD.