Skip to content

Neera you B----!

Comments

• _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Alignment is a post hoc description based upon one's behaviour, not an ante hoc prescription that dictates how should one behave.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    _Connacht_ wrote: »
    Alignment is a post hoc description based upon one's behaviour, not an ante hoc prescription that dictates how should one behave.

Of course, but was there anything about Neera's character that made you think she'd commit to lifelong monogamy with the first kiss?

All the alignment means is that she had a big warning sign the moment you recruited her that she'd be like this.
    ThacoBellgorgonzola
    Like if we were talking about Rasaad, the sheltered sexually repressed monk. He has a chaotic neutral alignment but his story proceeds exactly the same. If just when you thought things were getting intimate you left him alone for a while and found out he'd been very sexually active in your absence you'd be like "Whoa! Where did this come from? I thought we were forever baes!"

But that's not really the read I get off Neera.
  • mademan2mademan2 Member Posts: 54
    Chronicler wrote: »
    Like seriously, this is maybe a couple notches above getting possessive because the waitress smiled at you.

You're at like Stage 1 in your romance, and you've imagined yourself to be way the heck over in the endgame where you're gonna die and she's gonna question if she can ever love another man.

I think you are going way too overboard here man, like I said, there are of course differences in what you consider a relationship or not, but I have never wrote anything about her being mine or whatever, I just consider what she did cheating.

You liken months of travel together to a date, you liken spending every day together adventuring, sharing your feelins and kissing to a stage 1 in a relationship. If thats how you look at it, you probably consider only a marriage to be a sealed deal, I dont, I do consider this very much a relationship and it is nowhere near anything like a date, even if you wanted to liken it to a real life experience.

I do however see how she leaving in SoA would signal the end of relationship tho.

Also, what do you mean a year of mourning for each date :D I do not know the exact amount of time, but you were gone for what, possibly a month or two? We were not gone for a year thats for certain not to mention, our character was knocked out majority of the time, for us, no time has passed, so its absolutely understandable that they would be put out by this.
    You spent months traveling and adventuring with all your companions. Are none of them allowed to screw other people?
    Like if we were talking about Rasaad, the sheltered sexually repressed monk. He has a chaotic neutral alignment but his story proceeds exactly the same. If just when you thought things were getting intimate you left him alone for a while and found out he'd been very sexually active in your absence you'd be like "Whoa! Where did this come from? I thought we were forever baes!"

But that's not really the read I get off Neera.

This is actually the read I kinda got from Neera, keep in mind this was my first playthrough of the game and I am not a dnd fan, or at least not beyond the few games I played, tbh I didnt even know that she is chaotic neutral till later in the playthrough. She never struck me as anything but nice and since I played a nice character I never really saw any of her worse sides.

Still, I judged her by her actions and not by her alingment and while her alingment does explain her actions I still think its not an excuse, good alinged person would still be hurt by her actions.
    You got the read that Neera was a sheltered sexually repressed monk?
    edited September 2019
    You spent months traveling and adventuring with all your companions. Are none of them allowed to screw other people?

What my friends do sexually is their business, what a girl im getting into a relationship does is another thing, like if she goes off to sleep around i wouldnt be interested anymore and that obviously goes both ways., does that makes sense to you?

In any case, to our knowledge none of your companions, nor Neera actually do go off to have hanky panky during that time with someone else, aside for Jaheira and Khalid obviously.
    My point is you use the travel and adventure as evidence that you and Neera are more than friends.

If every quest is a "date" to you then that does explain your attitude but you should really tell your other companions how you feel about them.
    You got the read that Neera was a sheltered sexually repressed monk?

Not in those terms, wow you really do like oversimplifications and exaggerations dont you, but yes, she is introduced as someone who grew up sheltered for the most part, in a whild forrest, where even there she was an anomaly and feared for her abilities and now she is on the run from people who want to study her and doesnt rightly know who to trust and where to turn.
    She is obviously lively, but I took her happy go lucky attitude as something akin to Imoen.
    My point is you use the travel and adventure as evidence that you and Neera are more than friends.

If every quest is a "date" to you then that does explain your attitude but you should really tell your other companions how you feel about them.

I have no clue as to what this is supposed to mean or what its supposed to be a point against. Spending time with people you are courting is obviously different than spending time with friends, of course relationship can develop from friendship but I reall do not see your point.

Regardless, I get it, you disagree with me and think I am being possesive for thinking she cheated on my oc, even tho Its just a point of view and I feel like I explained as to how i got it, so lets just leave it as is.

Like I said, I just judged her by her behaviour rather than her alingment and so it came as a surprise, its my bad I didnt see it coming, but I do not consider her alingment an excuse and still think its a crappy thing to do especially when considering all the shit that has happened to oc at the end of sod and begining of soa.
    She's introduced as somebody who's been on the run for most of her life. She could not be less sheltered. She's been everywhere, and under only the harshest circumstances.

With Rasaad every interaction centers around him not understanding basic social concepts like what a joke is, or that teasing can be a form of affection. Did Neera ever display such an ignorance to you?
    Artona
    She's introduced as somebody who's been on the run for most of her life. She could not be less sheltered. She's been everywhere, and under only the harshest circumstances.

With Rasaad every interaction centers around him not understanding basic social concepts like what a joke is, or that teasing can be a form of affection. Did Neera ever display such an ignorance to you?

I didnt play with Rasaad in my party so I cant comment on him, but yes, she is shelted in a way, she was brought up very differently and has not been on the run all her life but since her twenties I believe, when she ran away from the forrest, being on the run doesnt really mean being everywhere, it means a lot of hiding and minimal contact with people out of fear.
    She doesnt need to be taught any normal people things because she was brought up relatively normaly, and she is clearly a happy go lucky person, hiding a lot of her annoyance and sadness at her fate and powers behind humor as well as general acceptance of her role.

Its a different kind of life for sure, but I didnt get any kind of indication that she is switching partners frequently, actually I initially thought she is not very experienced and while not shy she isnt agressive about it either.
    You meet her in a city. Like smack dab in the town square. "Minimal Contact With People" like she's some kind of hermit or something.

Plus even in your version of the story, she's only a hermit for a while in her twenties. Her totally normal upbringing that you use to explain away how normal she is also means that she'd be normal in all the ways you're saying she shouldn't be.
    edited September 2019
    You meet her in a city. Like smack dab in the town square. "Minimal Contact With People" like she's some kind of hermit or something.

Plus even in your version of the story, she's only a hermit for a while in her twenties. Her totally normal upbringing that you use to explain away how normal she is also means that she'd be normal in all the ways you're saying she shouldn't be.

You should notice that I never said she is like Rasaad, you used him to compare, not me. I only said she is sheltered to a degree, her early life was decidedly not normal by the way, it is more normal than Rasaad's the way you described it. She has been on the run for a while, depending on how old she is and even in her old home she was an outcast for her powers, because of which now she is on the run. So even in a sheltered community she was an odd one out. She could have easily have been a quite little mouse that is emotionaly and socialy stunted, its more her outlook than anything else, that makes her different, once again, nothing about that speaks in any way of a person who is used to switching partners.

Realy, I hope I do not have to explain what a different point of view is, you seem to ignore anything I wrote beside things you latch onto and exagarate to further a conversation that doesnt really have a point. I have my point of view of things, I aint gonna give it up, you clearly disagree with how I see things and you do not understand, much like I dont understand how can you not understand so lets just leave it as is, at this point we are not arguing even anything related.

I will reiterate, her alingment can explain her actions but not excuse, if you do not feel like you have the right to be surprised and angry if the person you considered your partner after exnteded time traveling and sharing feelings has found someone else shortly after you dissapeared than good for you, I was taken aback because I didnt expect it of her and put together with all that happens to oc its an emotional low that she is partly responsible for.

Anyways, nice chat, I do have a better understanding of things now and while I agree with some people saying that its poorly written I do like Neera personally, at the very least it sounds better than Aeris, these comments really made me laugh at that little situation :D
    Skatan
    edited September 2019
    ilduderino wrote: »
    I think Aerie will romance gnomes, I haven’t tried it but I think you must get the baby

Anyway, back to this, can anybody confirm that Aerie will have the baby if you're a gnome? This would be really interesting to me.
    ilduderino wrote: »
    I think Aerie will romance gnomes, I haven’t tried it but I think you must get the baby

Anyway, back to this, can anybody confirm that Aerie will have the baby if you're a gnome? This would be really interesting to me.

Yep she will, acording to quick internet search at least, cant speak from experience.
    Chroniclergorgonzola
    So that would presumably also be a particularly easy pregnancy/childbirth, if you play a gnome. Like a Great Dane giving birth to a Chihuahua.
    edited September 2019
    Edit: Nevermind.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Maybe Neera thinks her and the PC were on a break?
    Permidion_StarkSamuelVarg
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    by that time in tob aerie is a high level mage/cleric or red mage if you prefer. so it's not as hard for her to have a baby as it would have been had it happend during soa.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    megamike15 wrote: »
    by that time in tob aerie is a high level mage/cleric or red mage if you prefer. so it's not as hard for her to have a baby as it would have been had it happend during soa.

this is true, but is not so granted that she, charname and the baby will prevail and survive at the end of ToB, actually for the most of aeries it is true only thank to the power of reload, that should not be taken in account for RP issues ;)

as is not granted that charname will choose to remain human, or gnome or whathever, instead of ascending to deity.

for those 2 reasons i think that not avoiding pregnancy, or better force it to charname, when she is the romanceable npc that probably has more knowledge about how to avoid it, being both mage and cleric, is not a wise choice.
    she is powerful enough to have the baby without consequences as she can rise her con and protect herself with arcane and divine magic, but not so powerful that she can grant a certain victory against the other powerful spawns and the final boss.
    having one or both the parents killed by the powerful enemies, to be killed himself by them or to grow without a father because the father has become a god are not so good futures for the little quayle, i find her far less wise then how her stats let suppose she should be.
    way better to delay the pregnancy until the enemies are defeated and if charname choose to remain mortal and live is life at her side. that is what i would expect from someone with 16 wis, maybe even more thank to the lum machine, it is a way over the average value.
    BertleChronicler
    I mean, if they're dead they're dead. Whether you give birth to this baby or not doesn't really make any particular difference in a "We're all dead now" scenario.

But the baby doesn't seem to make our death any more likely. For an adventurer as seasoned and mighty as her, it is a negligible burden that has no noticeable impact on her ability to get us all through this alive.
    Worth keeping in mind too that while you the player know the end is in sight, in the sense that the game literally ends at a certain point, for her this is just her life. It's a perpetual series of obstacles. After you take out this latest batch of baddies there'll probably just be some new batch, like there's always been. Can't plan your life around a time of peace that will probably never come.
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well unlike the last batch of baddies where they just assume this is the end. as the five are due to the prophecy there is more consideration this could be the end of charname's journey. Aerie is more worried about being left alone after the journey is over, then there being more villains to fight after the five in tob.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    Aerie is more worried about being left alone after the journey is over, then there being more villains to fight after the five in tob.
    and forcing charname to be father of her son somehow is a good move, not fair at all imho, but clever.

I mean, if they're dead they're dead. Whether you give birth to this baby or not doesn't really make any particular difference
    in RL i would suggest to a friend that is doing let's say proximity flights with a wingsuit to delay to have babies until they will quit the dangerous activity. and as i was joung i used to climb mountains solo and without the rope, even on hard routes, but since i am father i don't take such risks anymore.
    someone call it responsibility, until you are alone you are free to do what you want, but if some one depends on you, is alive as consequence of what you have done, you have the duty to try to assist him the better you can and give him the better chances to have a happy and relatively sure life.

but ok, if all 3 die there is not a real problem, at least you don't leave an orphan behind, even if i would wait a little and have the baby when the campaign is ended and charname and aerie can maybe continue to adventure, but not in so risky situations. after all they are facing so powerful enemies that it is unlikely that they will meet something similar again. the usual enemies of an adventurer, let's take the soa chap 2 bosses as an example, at that point are not a great risk for supercharname and superaerie together.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @gorgonzola "and forcing charname to be father of her son somehow is a good move, not fair at all imho, but clever."

At what point is charname forced to be the father? Its not like you wake up one moring and Aerie greets you with, "Guess who lost their virginity last night!?"
    megamike15Nimran
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    If Aerie is wise enough to avoid pregnancy so is charname, no matter what class he is.
    yes, she is not forcing you, and if you do things that cause her to be pregniant it is your own responsibility.
    surely she does not cast a domination spell on you (charname).

still she is the romance that thank to her class has more tools and knowledge to avoid a pregnancy and the only one that seem to don't care of it, as is the only one that seem to not care of it, as the other ones never happen to become pregnant.

as she seems also to worry about remaining alone to ask ourselves how that not avoiding pregnancy is related to it seems to me legittimate.