Skip to content

How to stop installation of NWN:EE Digital Deluxe Edition

M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
Hi,

I wanted to install NWN:EE through the Beamdog client and went right ahead and pressed the install button on the Digital Deluxe edition, since that is the one I have purchased long time ago.
However, the download didn't start. Only after a few minutes I've noticed the text written there:

"NWN:EE Digital Deluxe had been discontinued and will no longer be updated .... etc..."

So I went ahead and downloaded the Retail version and all the DLC's. They have been applied and everything seems fine with the game.

Now, the problem is that my NWN:EE Digital Deluxe edition still tries to download and install itself. Of course it can't but it still tries and I keep on having the progress bar there. If I select that edition, I only have the option to pause/start the download. I can't cancel it.

Any solution for this?

Thanks.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Looks like renaming the folder for the old Deluxe edition (or deleting it) can be a solution.

"If you would like to avoid re-downloading Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition data, choose Options -> Open game location, and rename the numbered folder 00839 to 00785." http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/12/beamdogcom-neverwinter-nights-enhanced.html
    M0tan
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    Thank you for your reply.

Deleting the folder has partially fixed the problem. It no longer tries to download the Digital Deluxe edition, but when I select it, it has the "play" button active and a "repair" type of icon with tool tip saying: "A change to your game files has been detected"

I guess I can live with that.

However I do hope that development on the client is still active and some more modern features will be added to it later.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I certainly hope so as well.