Skip to content

Possible Bug in OC

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
Details follow - Spoiler Alert (only read if you are beyond chapter 1)

So I am doing something I haven't done for years - playing through the OC. Just to spice it up a little, I am playing as a cleric. I am currently only up to the point where I am looking for the waterdavian creatures - specifically for the Yuan Ti. So I am in the warrens of the damned, using turn undead a lot and destroying most of the zombies. Up to this point the Yuan Ti has been speaking through selected zombies and then destroying them. Up to the last 2 of these special zombies I had no problem. However, after traversing the north/south corridor to the west I decided to continue around and clear the east corridor heading south. In the corner area with the big hole to the southwest my PC was attacked by a zombie, so I executed a turn undead. Unfortunately this apparently interrupted one of the special zombies from conveying whatever the Yuan Ti was saying. This meant that an unkillable (must have the plot flag set) zombie became hostile. Fortunately they move slowly so I continued south. The same thing happened a bit further down the corridor with the result that there were 2 unkillable zombies after my PC. The only thing that got rid of them was actually killing the Yuan Ti.

So is this a bug or was I just unfortunate?

TR

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I'd call that a bug. They shouldn't be going hostile on you. Maybe the plot zombies are set to the same faction as the regular enemy zombies so they go hostile when you kill a regular zombie. Whatever the reason, I have seen this bug before and have learned to avoid it by not killing any regular enemies nearby the plot zombie until it dies from its script.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I've reported it. Mind you I think it may be some time before it's acted upon as my understanding is they are working on much more serious bugs that affect many modules.

TR
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    Yes this is known bug. Not sure if I fixed it in CPP but I remember this being talked on old vault forums.

Just load previous save...
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    I remember, it is indeed fixed in community patch.