Skip to content

Baldurs gate's voices from 1 to 2

I asked a long very long time ago if Voice 5 Female and the other voices that aren't in BG2 would ever make it to BG2. It's my favorite one and it's kind of immersion breaking to swap voices. Someone said it could happen way back then. Is that still possible? Or will that not be happening?

Comments

• Francois42424Francois42424 Member Posts: 44
    I'd very much love that to happen myself.
    As far as I know the only way right now is by moving over some files from BG1 folder to BG2 override folder. And it's not perfect as ome voices have a lot of missing queues (ie: "Weapon has no effect") and they don't have the subtitles either.

+1 from me on that. It would be a very nice quality upgrade.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Zero additional free content is planned except for bugfixes. However that seems like the sort of thing a modder could potentially do, so you might make a request in those forums.
    edited September 2019
    jsaving wrote: »
    Zero additional free content is planned except for bugfixes. However that seems like the sort of thing a modder could potentially do, so you might make a request in those forums.

Add all BG1 voices, done properly with no missing queues and them not sounding fake, and I'd gladly buy this as a bonus DLC for 10-15$. It does not have to be free, it just has to happen.
    Post edited by Francois42424 on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    jsaving wrote: »

Add all BG1 voices, done properly with no missing queues and them sounding fake, and I'd gladly buy this as a bonus DLC for 10-15$. It does not have to be free, it just has to happen.

i actually like doing it the other way around, where i add the bg2 voices to bg1
    why not. It could be the same "Voice pack DLC".
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it would be easy enough for them to bring the bg2 voices over to bg1 but for the default bg1 voices if they brought them over to bg2 they would be missing some lines, and it could be possible that the voice actors for those voices could be out of reach, so impossible to add in the missing lines

although, for the new voice sets that they put in bg1ee i dont understand why they didn't put them in the second game as well
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I feel that in both games is their rightful place. This would the righteous path ... the path of Helm
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    ilduderino wrote: »
    I feel that in both games is their rightful place. This would the righteous path ... the path of Helm

I agree! I tend to rationalize it as my character having grown and matured somewhat between the events of the two games, but I do kind of miss my old nebbishy war cry of "DEATH TO YOU AALLLLL!"
  • LoitererLoiterer Member Posts: 4
    I'd pay for it. It doesn't have to be free content. I don't mind.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Loiterer, if you have a look here, @Caelen has kindly extracted the files for use. In the BGEE Voice Pack, the one you are after exists. They are the voice files only so no subtitles (which could be created using the shell located here in the first post).

If no subtitles aren't a problem then just throw the files into the suggested folder (if you have the Beamdog game) or create a folder called \sounds in the root folder of your game (at the same level as \override) and copy the files into that; just the 'BG1Fem5 .wav' files if you aren't interested in any of the others.

As @sarevok57 has indicated, not all of the sound clips exist for BG2 so expect silence when those files are to be played.

Gus