Skip to content

How to disable the intro movies in NwNEE

AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
Hello all!

I don't roll with the movies in the 1.69 install, haven't for a long time. I was seeking to do the same in the Enhanced Edition (to save a few valuable seconds of clicking time), but could not figure out how to do it, and could not find a relevant thread here on the forums, either. "Reveal your secrets!" didn't even work!

So I went to our friend Google, and turned up this result at PCGamingWiki ...

1. Go to the installation folder.
2. Open nwn.ini.
3. Go to [Display Options]
4. Add the line Disable Intro Movies=1
5. Save your changes and close the file.

Works like a charm!
shadguyJuliusBorisov

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Does this still work in the latest dev build 8191?
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Calgacus wrote: »
    Does this still work in the latest dev build 8191?
    The setting was moved to the new file format, I think it's called settings.tml? or accessable using the debug settings menu accessible with Ctrl+Shift+F12

When I tried it back in 8188, it didn't seem to stick. Haven't tested it since.
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    @WilliamDraco Thanks!
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Yah, sorry friends! I haven't run the game for some time, and I didn't realize that the settings were changed. Thanks for the info!
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Atrophiederic that change hasn't happened in the retail branch yet. It is currently only the dev branch that has the tml file.

TR
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    @TarotRedhand well, hot diggity! Thanks for the clarification, and any idea when the tml file will make it into retail?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There's no ETA on the live patch, it all depends on the testing process and available resources.
  • DemosDemos Member Posts: 1
    That worked on my original copy of NWN but doesn't seem to be working for me on the EE version. Does anyone have any suggestions to try?
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Read the earlier comments about the setting being moved to the new settings.tml file.
    I have the following and don't get the intro movies:
    [graphics.movies]
      enabled = true
      [graphics.movies.intro]
         enabled = false

Sylvus_Moonbow
  • arQonarQon Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2020
    Thanks, WilliamDraco - because the config editor doesn't actually work, so as usual it's Notepad to the rescue. :)

Interestingly, both items had checkboxes (i.e. were theoretically disabled) when I looked, so it's completely broken: it doesn't write OR read them correctly. This is in 8193.5 (installed about 10 minutes earlier) so I guess we'll see a ".6" sometime fairly soon with that fixed.
    durrr - that was the first time I used the config editor, and since the "Commit" button was 20 pages up in the thing I didn't realise changes weren't being saved automatically. My bad.
    Post edited by arQon on
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Strangely enough, disabling the intro movies in this manner also seems to disable the main menu soundtrack - it certainly used to not do this on Diamond.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    edited June 2021
    In case somebody wants to disable movies on mobile NWN:EE at least on iOS go into settings->nwn:ee->scroll down to [disable intro movies].