Skip to content

PLEASE HURRY! Tyrants of the Moonsea

I know that it'll be ready when it's ready, but I really want to play TotMS. From what I know, there's no ETA on Tyrants. It just looks so cool, and I'm ready to actually support you guys!!!

I'm currently playing the main campaign of NWN:EE again. I hate feeling like my copy of NWN:EE is incomplete.

I don't own the steam version of NWN:EE, so I can't buy it. My brother owns the steam version, and I'm getting really peeved watching him play the new game. It's late at night where I'm at, and I'm trying to vent because my favorite games are D&D. I seriously live for these games.

I would just like to also request that next time you release the game for the Beamdog client first before Steam because there are incompatibilities with buying the Steam version of TotMS and playing on the Beamdog client.
DerpCity

Comments

• RananRanan Member Posts: 34
    If you have the BD client version of NWN:EE, you should be able to redeem it on steam aswell through your CD KEY
    ElysianEchoes
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Ranan wrote: »
    If you have the BD client version of NWN:EE, you should be able to redeem it on steam aswell through your CD KEY

Hey, dude, can you walk me through that? Where do I find my CD key? Where do I type it in on Steam?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I don't own the steam version of NWN:EE, so I can't buy it - Please log onto your Beamdog account and you'll be able to see your Steam keys. After that - redeem the keys on Steam.
    I don't own the steam version of NWN:EE, so I can't buy it - Please log onto your Beamdog account and you'll be able to see your Steam keys. After that - redeem the keys on Steam.

Okay, here's a question then. If I buy it on steam, can I redeem it for the Beamdog client later? Same sort of thing, only I'm working backwards.
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Nope :(
    JuliusBorisov
    Calgacus wrote: »

Oh crap, guess I'm waiting then. Lol. Hurry upppp Beamdog :#
    DerpCityZwerkules
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    1130210 wrote: »
    Calgacus wrote: »

Oh crap, guess I'm waiting then. Lol. Hurry upppp Beamdog :#

Yup, I'm in the same boat. I plan on buying it on Beamdog so I can have it both through Beamdog and Steam. I have all my keys on Steam so I could get it there, but then I wouldn't have it through Beamdog.
    DerpCity
  • DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28
    Kinda strange, module is now on Steam and GoG, but still not on Beamdog's own store. Will it eventually appear here as well? Any news?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It will come to Beamdog.com eventually.
    Zwerkules
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    @JuliusBorisov
    It's a lil silly that it hasn't come out on beamdog yet ,, just sayin' :(
    DerpCityGrymlordeSylvus_Moonbow
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    I and a few people I know on the net would like to throw some money at Beamdog for this also.
    DerpCity
    edited November 2019
    I and a few people I know on the net would like to throw some money at Beamdog for this also.

Well, they lost my money. I spent the money I budgeted for it on the Halloween Steam sale.

I was able to finally get an answer why we don't have this yet in this thread:

(dead link removed by themazingness, see his next post below)
    Post edited by themazingness on
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Any ETA when this will be available via BD?
    Hi guys,

I caved and rebought NWN:EE and Tyrants of the Moonsea on GOG. I got tired of waiting. :/

I'm a little bit peeved that it's taking so long for it to come to the Beamdog site.
    Illustair
    edited November 2019
    Hi guys,

I caved and rebought NWN:EE and Tyrants of the Moonsea on GOG. I got tired of waiting. :/

I'm a little bit peeved that it's taking so long for it to come to the Beamdog site.

The thread I cited as having the answer isn't available anymore. But basically @JuliusBorisov (citing so he can see this and speak for himself in case I'm mis-remembering/representing a detail) said the reason we don't have it yet is the person responsible for putting it in the Beamdog store has had the priority of getting Neverwinter Nights to console.
    DerpCity1130210JuliusBorisov
    Hi guys,

The thread I cited as having the answer isn't available anymore. But basically @JuliusBorisov (citing so he can see this and speak for himself in case I'm mis-remembering/representing a detail) said the reason we don't have it yet is the person responsible for putting it in the Beamdog store has had the priority of getting Neverwinter Nights to console.

Eh, it's okay. I'd rather them focus on what they think is more important atm anyway.
    JuliusBorisovIllustair
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited December 2019
    Hi guys,

Me, I’d give them until Christmas break. I’d spend about half of my break in playing and hopefully finishing Darkness of Daggerford and Tyrants of the Moonsea. I’m just not sure which one I should go first. Does anyone know which one is chronologically correct to play first? Edit: Nevermind, I know now that it’s DoD before TotM. But DoD default starts at level 8, so I wonder if there’s a good pre-DoD module that anyone here knows of?
    Post edited by Illustair on
    Illustair wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Me, I’d give them until Christmas break. I’d spend about half of my break in playing and hopefully finishing Darkness of Daggerford and Tyrants of the Moonsea. I’m just not sure which one I should go first. Does anyone know which one is chronologically correct to play first? Edit: Nevermind, I know now that it’s DoD before TotM. But DoD default starts at level 8, so I wonder if there’s a good pre-DoD module that anyone here knows of?

Siege of Shadowdale was apparently the first cancelled premium module. You'll end at about level 7. AL2 is Crimson Tides of Tethyr. However, I always thought DoD was a standalone module and not part of that series. I believe it goes:

AL1: Siege of Shadowdale
    AL2: Crimon Tides of Tethyr
    AL3: Tyrants of the Moonsea
    AL4: The Blades of Netheril (never made nor completed)

That being said, all of the modules are very loosely connected and very much so standalone modules. I'm guessing that in AL4 was when the modules were going to connect.
    It's also my understanding that DoD is its own module. It's my favorite I've played so far, and I highly recommend it.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Since you asked, there is a number of community modules well suited to provide your character with some experience before DoD. Some decent ones set around the northern Sword Coast are for example "Into the Toadshade" (https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/toadshade-sp-version), "Elena's Tale" (https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/elenas-tale-roses-rosa) or "Sapphire Star" (quite the extensive campaign in its own right, actually).
    Symphony
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    It's also my understanding that DoD is its own module. It's my favorite I've played so far, and I highly recommend it.

there is a dilouge option in moon sea where you can say your main character is from daggerford or Crimon Tides of Tethyr but thats about it.

daggerford just takes place before moon sea time line wise.

edited December 2019
    @JuliusBorisov Can we expect Tyrants on BDC for Christmas ? New Years ? 2020 ?
    1130210fetito666
  • edenistedenist Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, sorry for another bump, but I'm looking forward to playing this and am wondering if/when we will be able to purchase directly from beamdog?
    DerpCityKaosWarMonkZwerkulesKerick45
    edited March 2020
    Finally,, it's on BDC !! Thank you @JuliusBorisov
    JuliusBorisovZaxaresZwerkulesJFK