Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    LupusSolus wrote: »
    I will send you a PM later. For now I think there is a mod conflict/bug. Basically I know that kits that use the sphere system need to be installed after Deities so I do that but Warhorn Shaman always gives me an error and does not install. I can easily live without it but I was wondering if you might have an idea about it. Many thanks.

I found the issue, but it must be fixed in @AionZ 's end. I'll send him a PM but I don't have the faintest idea about when he'll answer back or pull the update.

It is quite an easy fix but as is in another modder's work I can't just edit it and send the new file.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    So I sent you feedback as requested but because of the cumbersome message system I had to send it in 4 separate chunks, reading bottom to top, sorry about the inconvenience and I hope my feedback is helpful.
    So I sent you feedback as requested but because of the cumbersome message system I had to send it in 4 separate chunks, reading bottom to top, sorry about the inconvenience and I hope my feedback is helpful.

The idea was to have that as PM, not as a wall post haha.

But no harm was done, thanks for the feedback. That will be really useful.
    I tried PM but I was limited by number of characters; did I use the wrong one?
    I tried PM but I was limited by number of characters; did I use the wrong one?

Don't worry, the message is what matters.
    Do let me know what you think about my suggestions. Many thanks.
    @LupusSolus I've answered in the same place. :)
    Thanks; excited to see what you come up with (potentially) for Vermin.
    So,

Lolth's in the oven. It probably will be delivered by Monday - I just need to work on a spell.

I also identified a bizarre bug where Sune's Dire Charm was granting protection against Flame Strike. I fixed this mess already.

And I keep procrastinating ClearAir.2da

Cheers.
    edited October 2019
    The Arachne of Lolth is ready and can be played in its beta version. The link for download can be found here.

Next on the pipeline is Corellon. No deadlines, though.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2019
    Checking out Lolth. Spheres are like Talona. Special abilities seem appropriate. Curious to see how the "Arachne are not harmed by spiders, unless if it is the desire of Lolth." ability actually works?

EDIT: It takes over an hour to uninstall and reinstall DoF.
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Checking out Lolth. Spheres are like Talona. Special abilities seem appropriate. Curious to see how the "Arachne are not harmed by spiders, unless if it is the desire of Lolth." ability actually works?

EDIT: It takes over an hour to uninstall and reinstall DoF.

Well, I can see if I can change one or the other but eventually this would happen.

The special abilities are, as "always", taken from a sourcebook (Demihuman Deities).

As for the installation time, this is also expected - the mod is huge, after all. And the ideia never was to run full installs. Also, the time varies from PC to PC: my notebook takes an hour too while my desktop runs everything in under 20 minutes.

Happy gaming :)
    edited October 2019
    @Raduziel got it installed and started a BGEE game. Cannot select Lolth with a female Elf (don't see a Drow option). What am I doing wrong or do I need a different mod that adds Drow?

EDIT: The kit did install according to Weidu log -
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #53 // Install kit: Arachne of Lolth: 1.9.7.6
    edited October 2019
    @Necromanx2 No other mod required, the text is just there for flavor.

And about the spider-thing: also flavor, no spider will be able to attack you (unless it is not coded as Race: Spider for some reason).

I'm downloading the mod and will install it on BGEE to see what is happening.
    Will spiders attack you once you attack them or do you get free attacks with no reprisals?
    edited October 2019
    Will spiders attack you once you attack them or do you get free attacks with no reprisals?

Free attacks with no reprisals. Much like happens with a Protection from Undead scroll.

Ok, I have the same issue here: the kit doesn't appear. I suspect that it is about the kit limit the engine has. I'll try installing only the Arachne of Lolth.

Wasn't that, but I found the problem and I've uploaded the fix already.

To save you the trouble of downloading everything again, just unpack the attached file inside the /Components folder.

Or, to entirely avoid installing or downloading anything, locate clsrcreq.2da inside the Override folder.

Go to the row with RALolt (probably the last one). You'll see a bunch of zeros in the same row.

Change the second zero from left to right to one (1). Save and the kit should appear now.
    edited October 2019
    I only have another 30 kits outside of DoF and IHU. So not even 100 kits added.

Thought limit was like 250?
    I only have another 30 kits outside of DoF and IHU. So not even 100 kits added.

Thought limit was like 250?

Just to clarify, every multiclass version of a kit counts as an extra kit. So by installing all DoF's kits you'll already above one hundred.

But that wasn't the problem, check my post above to see the troubleshooting.
    Changing the second 0 to 1 worked. Thanks!

Will try it some and see if I find anything.
    edited October 2019
    OK. 1st level in Candle Keep and found for Lolth the following:

Spells that not in know spheres per kit description -
    Magic Missile - Weave
    Shield - Weave
    OK. 1st level in Candle Keep and found for Lolth the followin.:

Spells that not in know spheres per kit description -
    Magic Missile - Weave
    Shield - Weave

I need to alter the description, then.

Thanks!

(Weave is indeed a minor sphere of Lolth)
    edited October 2019
    EEKeeper Lolth up to 8th level and found that the 2nd level Spiderwalk ability is not showing as an ability.

EDIT: EEKeeper up to 15 level and all other abilities appear fine. Spells look good as well.
    EEKeeper Lolth up to 8th level and found that the 2nd level Spiderwalk ability is not showing as an ability.

Fixed in Github and locally.

You can also fix this using NearInfinity.

Open RALOLT1.spl

Go to the Edit sheet.

Locate the "Spell Type" and change it from Priest (2) to Innate (4).

Save, agree to override and try a fresh game.

PS: I swear that I'll never mod between classes again.
    No worries. Totally appreciate all your work and effort!
    I'm off to bed now, but any other bug will be fixed tomorrow around 2 PM (GMT -3)

And thanks for the reports, they are really helpful - especially now that I pretty much can't test (Lolth went from codding to uploading, no alpha test was made).
    Thanks for the hard work!
    edited October 2019
    Another day, but not another dollar for me. I'm a little bit sick, so no study or work for me today. I'll try to use this "day off" to mod a little bit.

I said that Corellon was next in the pipeline, but I'm calling that off in favor of Gruumsh. The problem is: AD&D material about the orcish pantheon priesthood is scarce, to say the least. They don't even have a proper name (like every other deity's special priest like Watcher of Helm and Dreadruler of Bane). Due to that, I'll have to be creative (as I really want Gruumsh in DoF mostly due to the fact that I'm a Half-Orc fan) and take some inspiration from D&D3+.

So far, here's is what I've designed:
    - Hit Dice: d10.
    - May achieve Mastery in Spears.
    - Commands Undead as a priest two levels lower.
    - Receives Attacks Per Round as if they were warriors.
    - +1 bonus to hit and damage rolls against elves and half-elves.
    - May cast Aid once per day as a special ability, starting at level 3*.
    - Gains immunity to all Blindness effects and spells, starting at level 5.
    - May cast Blindness once per day as a special ability, starting at level 7.
    - May use the Command the Horde special ability once per day, starting at level 9.
    - May Enrage as a Berserker once per day, starting at level 11.

COMMAND THE HORDE

The Eye of Gruumsh may charm any evil orc in a small radius around him.

* This is a special version that may be cast only upon the caster.

It seems to be a lot, but some things in there are very circumstantial (the bonus vs elves, the command the horde ability, and even the Aid).

Thoughts?
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    That looks pretty good I think. Here is another take on the specialty priests, the Bloodspears, based on the 2nd Ed. Monster Mythology style deities.
    http://blog.aulddragon.com/2011/01/gruumsh-one-eye/
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    That looks pretty good I think. Here is another take on the specialty priests, the Bloodspears, based on the 2nd Ed. Monster Mythology style deities.
    http://blog.aulddragon.com/2011/01/gruumsh-one-eye/

That's really good! Whoever built this made a great work but I'm not sure if I may use it being someone else's intellectual property.

But both versions are not that apart, so no harm is done (I wish I thought about the name Bloodspears, though). I will, however, make the Enrage available only at level 11 as the version you posted does - seems more balanced.
    I was looking forward to Corellon (and Moradin most) but since we are on Gruumsh, have you come up with the spheres for that deity?

I would think based on what we know and how it would be implemented in the mod:

Major: All, Suffering, Darkness, Combat, Creation, Earth
    Minor: Necromantic, Protection, Divination, Vocal