Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    As exactly as the game's mechanics allow. The same goes for IWDEE.

Did you find some different behavior across the games?
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    Well, I did notice that the list of available kits is much shorter but I assumed this was due to BGEE space limitations;in BG2EE everything is listed out.
    SO...actually none of the spheres in BGEE are being properly applied; I choose Talona or Umberlee or any other one and they just get generic cleric spells. I have no idea what is going on.
    Correction: SOME are but the Vermin sphere for example, not at all, no Web, no proper classification for Poison, which just says necromantic.
    Hmm also no Water Sphere for Umberlee so for example no Acid Arrow. All this works fine on BG2EE and I did nothing different on installation.
    LupusSolus wrote: »
    Well, I did notice that the list of available kits is much shorter but I assumed this was due to BGEE space limitations;in BG2EE everything is listed out.

The list of kits will be longer or shorter depending on what character you're creating as the games only show those that may be picked by your race.
    SO...actually none of the spheres in BGEE are being properly applied; I choose Talona or Umberlee or any other one and they just get generic cleric spells. I have no idea what is going on.
    Correction: SOME are but the Vermin sphere for example, not at all, no Web, no proper classification for Poison, which just says necromantic.
    Hmm also no Water Sphere for Umberlee so for example no Acid Arrow. All this works fine on BG2EE and I did nothing different on installation.

As usual, I'll need Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.debug and Weidu.log

I haven't touch any file that could cause this sort of distress (as I did previously with the air and water elemental spheres).

Just to get things out of the way:

#1) Have you properly uninstalled DoF's previous version?

#2) Have you already tried to reinstall?

edited October 2019
    Ok, I think I've found the problem with the sphere system. Double-checking.

Didn't find. But actually I found another issue (related to IWDEE).
    edited October 2019

@LupusSolus

One thing just occurred me:

In BGEE to scroll down the list of kits, you need to click and drag. Beamdog thought that a scrollbar was not important.

---

Installing using the link I've provided. The first build is a human Waverservant of Umberlee. The first picture is to show "Acid Arrow", but I forgot to highlight it. It can be seen at the top of the spellbook anyway.

6fmsoacxmdmt.png

v0t0rgs2aaq6.png

This second build is a Talon of Malar.

qk0z9n6n9r8m.png

Everything working as intended on my end.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    I will do an uninstall and try again though as far as I know I followed the standard procedure.
    I will do an uninstall and try again though as far as I know I followed the standard procedure.

Send me Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.debug and Weidu.log after the install if something misbehaves, please.
    I installed without anything else and it worked; this must be that some other mod was interfering but I have no idea which.
    I installed without anything else and it worked; this must be that some other mod was interfering but I have no idea which.

That's why I've required the Weidu.log - with this file I can see what mods you have, which version and what order of installation.
    I am trying a normal installation with other mods; will post the weidu, thank you again.
    For some reason I did not have the issue again; I think it might have been the mod merger? I had installed for all DLC instead of just Dragonspear but this is just my speculation.
    I was taking a look at Corellon, Moradin, Lloth and Gruumsh and unfortunately I'll have to take some liberties to properly adapt them to the IE.

Sorry.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    No need to apologize. Thrilled about anything you are willing to create!
    I will reiterate: no need to apologise. We are the recipients of your talent and generosity and are appreciative of anything you give us. That said, I am interested in the liberties? Do you mean in terms of Spheres? or abilities or something else?
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    No need to apologize. Thrilled about anything you are willing to create!
    I will reiterate: no need to apologise. We are the recipients of your talent and generosity and are appreciative of anything you give us. That said, I am interested in the liberties? Do you mean in terms of Spheres? or abilities or something else?

Thank you both, that is really invigorating.

As for the liberties: both.

Some spells just can't be translated into IE - or are way too costly to do so (like Enlarge) - as well as some features.

For instance, Corellon and Lloth are supposed to get immunity against poison from spiders. I can't do that but I can make them immune to poison in general.

Garl was supposed to learn Gate at level 15. In tabletop that's fine as pretty much any sort of extraplanar being can be called but in IE this spell always calls a Pit Fiend. So I removed it.

As for spheres, I take this liberty with every deity. As PnP spheres can't be properly translated to IE I have to pretty much rework everything in this matter. Here I only use PnP as a guideline but the major factor are the deity's dogmas and portfolio.
  • diffygdiffyg Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the mod Raduziel, I’m just coming back to the game after a few years break to check out what’s new and boy was I happy to see there’s a spiritual successor to my favourite (but oh so buggy) Divine Remix!

A few questions: I see in the readme that there are some spell changes in the mod. Are they fully compatible with SCS? Things like symbol merging and in particular no stacking of spell immunity, since if I remember well AI mages do that a lot.

Also SCS will now apparently use and modify IWD spells. If I get them through your mod and then run SCS will it be able to still modify and use them? Cheers!
    edited October 2019
    @diffyg

There should be no problems between DoF and SCS but honestly I didn't test it myself.

About the spells, I spoke with @DavidW and he explained to me that if SCS detects that a spell already exists - and I made sure to add the spells using their proper label - it is ignored.

I think that the worst case scenario would be enemy caster having access to the old versions of fireshield, emotion and symbol as those are in the game, I've just hidden it from the players (this approach is exactly to avoid conflicts with mods that would rely on those spells).

And I must say that it is truly an honor to have DoF called a spiritual successor of Divine Remix.
    I am most excited to see how to place the spheres...I have some ideas but I was right about Garl so I think I know how it will go with the others.
    Awesome :) I did a test install just DoF first then SCS and it works mostly fine. One thing is Entropy Shield doesn’t work, it doesn’t offer dispel protection like it should with SCS and it doesn’t protect against breach either.

Do you know why that could be?
    diffyg wrote: »
    Awesome :) I did a test install just DoF first then SCS and it works mostly fine. One thing is Entropy Shield doesn’t work, it doesn’t offer dispel protection like it should with SCS and it doesn’t protect against breach either.

Do you know why that could be?

@diffyg

The spell doesn't work or it doesn't work as designed by SCS?

In the second scenario, probably it is because SCS is ignoring the spell, as it is installed already.

I'll get in touch with @DavidW to see what can be done.
    I found a minor bug? Not sure if it is a bug though; was randomly testing a Haela Brightaxe and the +2 Save Bonus...if you dual wield two melee weapons you get a +4 bonus...it seems pretty heavy, was that intended?
    edited October 2019
    I found a minor bug? Not sure if it is a bug though; was randomly testing a Haela Brightaxe and the +2 Save Bonus...if you dual wield two melee weapons you get a +4 bonus...it seems pretty heavy, was that intended?

Definitely not. Thanks for reporting.
    Raduziel wrote: »

The spell doesn't work or it doesn't work as designed by SCS?

In the second scenario, probably it is because SCS is ignoring the spell, as it is installed already.

I'll get in touch with @DavidW to see what can be done.

It was neither blocking breach (vanilla behaviour) nor blocking dispels (scs behaviour). But now I did a fresh reinstall and it's working fine!

Well I guess I'm ready for a playthrough.
    edited October 2019
    @diffyg @Necromanx2 @Zaghoul @LupusSolus @Gusinda (not sure about him, though) and everyone else who is playing this mod:

Can you please answer in a PM the following questions:

What kits are you using (or already used) and how far did you went with them and in which game?

Do you use the kit to NPC component?

Do you use the sphere system?

What are your feelings about the PnP version of the spells?

Do you use the Mazzy and/or Shar-Teel component? If positive, which one?

Do you felt an altering in the difficulty of the game when using DoF? If positive, was an increase (game got harder) or decrease (easier)?

What do you think about the balance of the spheres? Too many spells, too few? Spells too weak, too powerful?

Feel free to add some general feedback if you wish and thanks in advance.
    I will send you a PM later. For now I think there is a mod conflict/bug. Basically I know that kits that use the sphere system need to be installed after Deities so I do that but Warhorn Shaman always gives me an error and does not install. I can easily live without it but I was wondering if you might have an idea about it. Many thanks.

edited October 2019
    I will send you a PM later. For now I think there is a mod conflict/bug. Basically I know that kits that use the sphere system need to be installed after Deities so I do that but Warhorn Shaman always gives me an error and does not install. I can easily live without it but I was wondering if you might have an idea about it. Many thanks.

@LupusSolus

I do remember that some of @AionZ 's mods were lacking an update to properly implement the sphere system.

Can you please send be the .debug file of the Warhorn Shaman? I'll try to see if the error is related to some missing DoF file.

Thanks.

Edit: Tested it myself and found the issue. It will be more complicated than I initially thought and the error appears to be on DoF's end.
    Raduziel wrote: »

Definitely not. Thanks for reporting.

Fixed.