Skip to content

[tool] IWD-style Spell Evasion

2»

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2019
    kjeron wrote: »
    I'm dense about this kind of stuff... what is the consequence of this?
    It just means that second EFF was necessary to avoid the unwanted feedback.

Oh! Got it. So hopefully all is well.

Yeah, sorry, two .EFFs are indeed needed (my previous solution doesn't work if the targeted Thief is HELPLESS......)

To sum up: according to the standard check order, my issue was caused by the absence of two extra #318s protecting against the two .EFFs when the targeted CRE doesn't have EVASION (op318 - 252 !SPLSTATE EFFA/B)

This is because the tool bundled with Scales_of_Balance is not the most recent one, so you may wanna check it out......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EDIT - oh I see, you mean spellstates 26 and 28. Yeah, that's a good idea.

To tell the truth, there's no need to use them.... Entangle overlay (op#154) and Grease overlay (op#158) set STAT #62 and STAT #66 to 1 => you could simply add 'STAT GREASE/ENTANGLE > 0' to SPLPROT.2da and use these two new entries as param#2 of opcode #318 (without adding SPLSTATEs 26/28 to every SPL/ITM that makes use of op#154/158....)
    Raduziel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited October 2019
    This has been updated to version 3.3 I mean, version 3.4, which fixes a relatively serious bug that messed up compatibility with item revisions.

Remember that ADD_ITEM_EFFECT defaults to type = 3 (Header type: Magical) => As a result, you might want to add
    type = 99

in order to make sure to catch everything (e.g., Arrow of Detonation, whose header is of type 2 – Ranged)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.