Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Everytime I rest, my Gallant gets another use of the bard song ability added (the srcoll icon that you click to select which aura you want to use). She is sitting on something like 21 of them right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor The version just before the current. I wonder how high I can get it before finishing SoD.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ReensReens Member Posts: 3
    Are the new multiclass bards integrated with the stat overhauls from Scales of Balance? Do they gain mage bonuses based on int since they're mage multiclasses or do charisma bonuses work properly?
  • HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    Hypaspist wrote: »
    Hypaspist wrote: »
    I've encountered a problem with the Bladesong ability:

1. Once used, it persists, but it cannot disabled (even though the description states that it can be used at will);
    2. Once disabled - with "Quick Weapon" innate ability, it cannot be enabled again, even after resting (Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/aOorPZj.
    3. This might be connected to problem 1 and 2 - the description is incomplete, maybe something's off with my install?(Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/bu6cO3D).

Probably just a bug with the way I added that ability. I'll take a look.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Hey there again, any luck fiding the issue? :)
  • orvarthorvarth Member Posts: 11
    multiclass thief/mage could be a good candidate to the alchemist kit .
  • GnollGnoll Member Posts: 24
    Hey, this looks really cool, I'm only checking it out now, a bit late but it's fascinating. Quick question, just to confirm, feats are only available for unkitted fighters as per the readme? I ask because when it mentions the Marksman kit, for a fighter, it says if feats are installed, the called shot abilities will be feats rather than automatically granted upon leveling up. But if a Marksman is a kitted fighter, will they have access to feats? Thanks!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Subtledoctor, do you use your mods together with grammarsalad and aquadrizzt one?
  • StormfinStormfin Member Posts: 28
    @Gnoll I can answer as someone who's played the mod - single class Rangers (all types) are supposed to get feats as well, just not as many as fighters. Marksmen only get called shots, but if you install feats, you get to pick which ones they get as they progress.
    Wise_GrimwaldChronicler
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    @subtledoctor What happens to the Enhanced Bard Song HLA if we install the revised bards component that turns the bard songs into all the inspirations and emanations and such?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Chronicler
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Chronicler wrote: »
    @subtledoctor What happens to the Enhanced Bard Song HLA if we install the revised bards component that turns the bard songs into all the inspirations and emanations and such?

It should not be available. So the short answer is, it disappears. There are particular advanced bard songs that you can add to your repertoire, including one that you can choose as an HLA. But no generic "enhanced song."

(Anyway the vanilla HLA only works through the bard song button, and since none of these bards are actually in the bard class, they can't even use that button.)

Thank you for indulging me.
  • gwaihirgwaihir Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2019
    Hello @subtledoctor , just created an account to tell you that I find this mod (and your other works too :D ) extremely interesting and I would love to include it in my first eet run ever.. but the component 'Bard overhaul multiclass bards' fails to install :neutral:
    i get this messages:
    ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %rows_43_9%"))
    ERROR: [d5flstbf.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %rows_43_9%"))

I'm using Alien's Project infinity for this installatiion. Right before Mng i had installed Tome and blood and Faiths and powers, both completed installs with warnings and exited with code 3. All mods are latest version from your fork.

EDIT: apparently i managed to fix the issue: there were a couple of KITIDs missing from the kitlist.2da file, specifically those related to yvette and eilistraee's song. I typed in the IDs using the reference in kit.ids file, and that did the trick.

Still, the installation finishes with a lot of warnings: 'no effects altered on d5src1a.spl', 'd5src2a.spl', and so on.. i've read in a couple of threads that warnings can be common and shouldn't cause problems, i hope this is the case :D
    Post edited by gwaihir on
    Wise_Grimwald
    That particular warning should generally be harmless.
    Nice :)

I would also like to point out an issue that presented itself while installing stratagems:4240:Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once):

Basically, the install failed due to some typos in a few files added by MnG component 'multiclass bards'. (It can be seen in the attached file). The files are:

lud5_190.2da
    lud5_195.2da
    lud5_196.2da
    lud5_197.2da

Running weidu-filechangelog showed that no other mod edited those files.

If you don't want to reinstall, you can edit those lu____.2da files yourself

I did just that, and the SCS component install completes flawlessly. Glad to be of help if I can :)

Thank you for your work.
    Wise_Grimwald
    ThacoBell
  • boabadinoboabadino Member Posts: 7
    installing revised archery component i get this error ERROR: Failure("ERROR: SUBSTRING: the substring cannot be longer than the string") using m&g 4.1 on bg1ee 2.5.17
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    boabadino wrote: »
    installing revised archery component i get this error ERROR: Failure("ERROR: SUBSTRING: the substring cannot be longer than the string") using m&g 4.1 on bg1ee 2.5.17

Fixed in v4.2, by downgrading the QDMulti function from @argent77 's v0.9 to my own v0.8.

This was a bit tough to pin down: it didn't fail if you install just the archery component, it only fails if you install the feats component and then the archery component, and then it fails on installation of the multiclass Halfling Slinger kit. I'm not yet sure exactly why the other QDMulti has problems while mine doesn't... but for now I'd rather push out a version that works ASAP, and figure out the differences later.
    That error was triggered by invalid CLAB entries with a length of less than 3 characters. I have fixed this issue in my fork of QDMulti.

thanks the update, unfortunately revised archery now gives this error ERROR: Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %rows_3_41%")
    no i tried it on a fresh install with no other mods, strange.
  • defikdefik Member Posts: 3
    Jongleur kit doenst work with bard revisions?
  • IvanKaramazovIvanKaramazov Member Posts: 14
    The latest version of Might and Guile appears to not enable the Loresinger kit (playing IWDEE). I've tried on both MacOS and Windows.
    IvanKaramazov
  • IvanKaramazovIvanKaramazov Member Posts: 14
    Makes sense! Another issue I'm encountering on both Windows and MacOS is that the the bard kit automatically gained spells (i.e. Flame Blade, Draw Upon Holy Might, etc. for Skalds; Armor of Faith for Gallants, etc.) don't seem to be usable. They are in the spellbook and can be memorized after doing daily spell preparation, but after sleeping those spells never appear for spellcasting. Spells learned through other manners work fine.
    the bard kit automatically gained spells (i.e. Flame Blade, Draw Upon Holy Might, etc. for Skalds; Armor of Faith for Gallants, etc.) don't seem to be usable. They are in the spellbook and can be memorized after doing daily spell preparation, but after sleeping those spells never appear for spellcasting.

Hello, it's exactly the same for me, for the Gallant, the Skald and the Hexblade (by the way, the hexblade description doesn't mention the divine spells). It worked only once with the gallant, but as soon as i turned the AI on the spells were gone.

Another thing: selecting the Herald kit gives me a regular vanilla fighter/mage instead, right in the selection screen.