Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 7,657
edited September 13 in General Modding
Announcing my new mod - er, or a new version of my old mod, with a new name... ah, whatever. Announcing Might and Guile!

Download:
https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Might_and_Guile/releases

Readme:
https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Might_and_Guile/blob/master/README.md

Review that read me for details, but in short, this mod contains various game tweaks and new kits, focusing on warriors and rogues. Thus, "Might and Guile." There is no "core" component; everything is optional, everything is independent. This is really more like a collection of several mods. So, my usual motto: install what you like, ignore what you don't.

These mod components now contain:

1) Revisions to warrior and rogue classes and kits:
- A feat system allowing warriors and rogues to learn all sorts of non-magical and semi-magical abilities
- A psionics system, and a fighter and thief kit who can use psionics
- A complete re-working of the way bard songs work, allowing bards to sing and fight simultaneously, and allowing kits in other classes to use these new bard songs
- Barbarian and Monk movement bonuses changed to a speed bonus that can be toggled on and off (and rangers get it too)
- Revised Berserker kit and Rage ability
- Revised Stalkers, and Beastmasters
- Revised Archers and an all-new set of called shots
- Revised Kensai, actually following the in-game lore of only being able to master a single weapon category (at a time)
- Revised monk fist weapons, toggling back-and-forth from non-magical to magical
- Revised Blade and Skald kit abilities
- Revised Shadowdancer with new "Shadow Pool" instead of HiPS

2) Warrior and rogue kits:
- 5 fighter kits (Corsair, Marksman, Soulblade, Gallant, Hexblade)
- 4 ranger kits (Elven Archer, Halfling Slinger, Mage Hunter, Barbarian Ranger)
- 6 thief kits (Sniper, Scout, Alchemist, Psypher, Herald, Jinxer)
- 4 bard kits (Jongleur, Gallant, Meistersinger, Loresinger)
- 7 multiclass kits (Bladesinger, Spellfilcher, Loremaster, Tomb Runner, Thug, Ranger/Mage, and Ranger/Thief)

It is compatible with all major current versions of the games: TOB, BGT, BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWDEE, and EET. (Some components only work with the newer game engine, however.)
Post edited by subtledoctor on
bob_vengwolpaklolienFoggyHudzySkatanBlackravenGodKaiserHellbrustypo_tillySwifty_MageeKerozevokUnpersonjackjackGrammarsaladArizaelThrasymachusBboy2073JamesGamingFreak

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 7,657
    edited September 2015
    I guess I should talk about exactly what is in this mod and how/whether it differs from Scales of Balance.

- There is no settings .ini file. An .ini file for power users to tweak the mod is a nice idea, but one best used sparingly. I was a bit too taken with the idea. It causes problems for BWS, which doesn't have any facility to allow the user to choose settings. Now,every option is a component. I think it is much more straightforward.

- Overhaul components. The IWO is the same as the old SoB Item Tweaks. The WPO is the same as the old SoB Proficiency Overhaul (including the mod compatibility improvements from the most recent versions of SoB). The STO and MRO are the same as the old SoB Saving Throw Tweaks and Magic Resistance Overhaul. The MRO eliminates magic resistance and shifts focus to saving throws, so it is best used in conjunction with the STO. I am planning a new Rogue Class Overhaul ("RCO") component, but it will not be ready until sometime this winter.

- Warrior Tweaks unpacked. The old SoB Warrior Tweaks included way too many functions in a single component:
    - revised berserker & rage
    - ranger class tweaks
    - Stalker split into Stalker/Mage Hunter
    - Archer split into Marksman/Archer/Slinger
    - revised kensai
    - revised Wizard Slayer
    Each of the first six now has its own tweak component, and the Mage Hunter, Marksman, Elven Archer and Slinger have their own kit components. The Wizard Slayer tweaks are removed and instead folded into the Mage Hunter kit.

- New ranger tweaks. The ranger tweaks incorporate the latest update from v3.3 of SoB. In case you missed them, they give Stalkers the ability to set traps, and gives all rangers the ability to backstab with a x2 multiplier (stalkers backstab at x3-x4).

- The Blade has been given a reprieve. SoB was uncompromising toward the Blade kit: it was completely removed from the game and replaced by my Jongleur. M&G is nicer: instead of killing the Blade, I now modify it to be closer to PnP. Blades lose their ridiculous Offensive Spin ability. In its place 1) they may specialize (++) in daggers, short swords, long swords or scimitars; and 2) their "song" is now the old Jongleur song, causing thac0 penalties and possibly morale failure in enemies. The Jongleur has a new song, which cause all allies to become Blurred and, at higher levels, have Reflected Images. Should be interesting!

- Everything else. Unless I've forgotten anything, everything else is pretty much the same as it was in the last versions of Scales of Balance. I'm making a stripped-down version of SoB with just cleric/druid/wizard components, so you can use this new mod but still have everything that's been removed.
    lolienSkatan
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 6,616
    @subtledoctor: You may already know this, and it might not apply in EE, but about caster level bonuses: they don't stack. They overwrite each other. When I applied caster level penalties to a kit of mine, I had to increase the magnitude of each new penalty. Instead of applying a -1 penalty every four levels, there'd be a -1 penalty at level 1, a -2 penalty at level 4, a -3 penalty at level 8, and so on. Otherwise the kit would only just have a -1 penalty. I noticed the same thing with item-based bonuses from Item Revisions, so it's not just penalties. One of your kits applies increasing caster level bonuses; if these all use the same .spl file, they won't stack.
    lolien
    Whoa - good to know. And difficult to test! That greatly affects the Monitor kit. I'll take a look at the opcode and work on it.

Is there any more in-depth discussion of this issue somewhere, so I can get caught up?
    semiticgod
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 382
    Awww, my suggested barbarian change didn't make the cut. Sniff sniff...
    edited September 2015
    wolpak said:

Awww, my suggested barbarian change didn't make the cut. Sniff sniff...

Only for lack of time in the initial conversion from SoB. That idea - and generally refining the Berserker/Barbarian distinction - is definitely on the to-do list. :)

Is there any more in-depth discussion of this issue somewhere, so I can get caught up?

Nope. I only know it thanks to personal experimentation. It shouldn't be hard to get around; you just need some extra .spl files to overwrite the previous bonuses. The most recent bonus takes precedence.

I don't know, however, if a bonus and a penalty will cancel out, or just replace the first one, and I don't know if temporary bonuses, like Item Revisions' Amulet of Power, will temporarily replace, or permanently erase, class-based permanent bonuses.
    Another problem with caster level bonuses, and especially penalties, is that spells have minimum and maximum effects. A level 1 Fireball does 5d6 by default because the lowest level you can cast it is 5. A level 5 caster with a -2 penalty does the same damage with Fireball as a caster without s penalty.

Also, I don't know if the caster level opcode has any effect on Dispel Magic chance. An amulet with a +50 to caster level bonus, on a level 1 caster with a level 10 Inquisitor, would show this, but I'm between computers and can't test it.
    Doubledimas
    edited September 2015
    Meanwhile, I've been struggling with what to do about more thief kits.

2E thief kits were all about role-playing; they detailed your career, your associates, your adventure hooks. But BG2 kits are all about mechanics; they detail what you can do in a fight. Most 2E thief kits can do exactly the same things in a fight. In the context of BG2/EE, they pretty much all fall within the unkitted thief class. So maybe it's time to think outside the box.

In my view, faerun is a dangerous world. It is full of cruel and mighty warriors who (even the "good" ones) have zero problem perpetrating terrible violence for the sake of their cause; and powerful wizards who have the means at their fingertips to casually obliterate masses of normal folk; and "priests" who act as directed conduits for the immense and dangerous power of uncaring gods.

In that world, anyone who's not a brute or a magic-user must use their wits and talents to get by. That could be stealth, thievery, poison, persuasion... whatever can give you an advantage. "Rogue" is a derogatory term used by dumb warriors who want everyone to fight "fair," but really it just describes anyone who uses skill and intelligence to achieve their goals. This is the idea behind the Rogue Class Overhaul. But in a more limited sense, it could also point the way to new thief kits that aren't traditional "thieves."

For instance, the thief class seems like The obvious place in which to add a psionicist kit...
    Foggy
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 382
    You could use the mechanic of "panache" or dirty tricks...
    Grammarsalad
    I'm actually already thinking about using some relatively low-level effects as dirty/non-magical tricks. Grease, SR Fog Cloud, Stinking Cloud, some alchemy/potion crafting, some on-hit melee effects etc.

Every level or two (or three), I could let rogues choose a new trick, or another use of a trick they already know, or a boost to one of their thief skills. Something like that. Different kits would learn tricks at different rates.

That would be part of the RCO.

If I make up some psionic powers they could be part of it. The idea being that psionics are something anyone can learn with patience and meditation... at the expense of using that time to learn other skills. Psionics would be very low-level stuff, not a replacement for proper magic. Just some basic powers from Telepathy, Psychometabolism, and Clairsentience.
    semiticgodGrammarsaladFoggy
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2015
    More thief kits would be awesome. Implementing tricks and non magical abilities could open new possibilities as there a practically no interesting mod kits for thieves aside from the Sniper, and splitting swashbuckler in two saved the Scout kit in this mod thanks to different functions. Song & Silence have excellent bard kits but the thief ones are lackluster due to the limitations of BG2 mechanics and the steep disadvantages such as loss of backstab compared to minimal gains.

A couple minor bugs on a BG2EE game easily fixed using Notepad ++ but I thought worth mentioning (nitpicking about :smile:):
    - A typo in setup.tra lines 983 and 995 on the Marksman kit description:
    May only specialize (+++++) with melee weapons. Should be (++)
    - In 350_mage_hunter.tpa in line 38, the mage hunter should have the -1 penalty applied to STR and CON. It's set correctly on the IWDEE part.

Speaking of the Mage Hunter, the new additions makes this ranger a classic. I'm really loving these kits especially coupled with the tweaks part of the mod. Gameplay and coding wise Might and Guile is just perfect.

The more excellent kits and tweaks mods we get to install, the more frustrating the hardcoded limitation of 9 kits per class gets. Maybe the 1.4 patches will do something about this, especially with Faiths and Powers making great progress -so many choices- I want them all.
    Grammarsalad
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,220

I'm actually already thinking about using some relatively low-level effects as dirty/non-magical tricks. Grease, SR Fog Cloud, Stinking Cloud, some alchemy/potion crafting, some on-hit melee effects etc.

I'd like to see a hide in plain sight effect combined with a small cloud to simulate the "throw down a smoke bomb and disappear" trope.
    semiticgodAerakarSkatan
    That would be very interesting!

But, I think HiPS is coded to replace regular HiS completely, and be usable at will, and not have any kind of visual effect.

I think a Shadow Door ability can basically serve for what you described. And it would be easy to add a little smoke animation to that.
    semiticgodBillyYanklolienSkatan
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 371
    I was away to long, so many things changed ;)

The Thief ideas are great. My personal thoughts:
    - Shadow Dancer: Please revise this class, HiPS feels almost like cheating sometimes and it does not feel like a new ability. How about some shadow magic for this Kit? Some nice illusions etc.

I'm a big fan of giving the Thief/Kits more ability:
    - Dirty Tricks - Throw powder/pepper spray etc. -> Temporally blinds the target, or maybe powders with different effects.
    - Taunt/distract - can be used to disrupt a spell? -> works only once per enemy

Maybe a Tinker Kit with:
    - Fire / Smoke / Grease / Poison Bombs
    - Mine / Traps with the
    - Can build some clockwork soldiers (Small Golems or something)

Just some ideas floating on top of my head. Keep up the awesome work, thank you ;)

GrammarsaladAerakar
    edited September 2015
    I think the official interpretation of the Shadowdancer is weird and bad. So I never play it and, therefore, have little interest in modding it. :tongue:

I'm thinking about giving SDs access to a "Shadow Pool" of abilities, similar to the Refinements HLA for stalkers. Shadowstep, Sanctuary, Shadow Door, etc. Not HiPS.

I like the idea of the Distract ability. As I think about it, that would work well for Jesters, better than their current song. 10% miscast magic chance, -1 thac0/AC, -1 Luck/-5% to thief skills, and have the effects increase with level. That's perfect for Jesters!

A Tinker kit would also be very interesting, but like Psionicists, a lot of work to create those abilities.

Psionicists and Tinkers could work as extra kits added to the base game, but the other stuff like ability pools and dirty tricks would be part of the RCO. I guess I haven't discussed my ideas for the RCO yet? I should do that. That needs s big new post, however. More later.
    Grammarsalad
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,220
    Wouldn't caltrops just be a special trap with a small amount of damage and a short duration slow effect?
    Grammarsalad
    Very very roughly, I'm thinking of having a bunch of tricks (like those described above) minor abilities (perhaps including semi-psionic mental disciplines) and bonuses (thief skill advancement, thac0, AC, saves, etc), and letting rogues choose one every 3 levels or so. You could take the same one over and over, to get more uses/day of your smoke bombs or whatever, or develop your lock-picking skill extremely fast) or diversify.

I haven't decided how far I want to take this down the road of @wolpak-style non-weapon proficiencies...

(I'll probably have to suck it up and use a dialogue-based system to make it work well... :tongue: )
    Grammarsalad
    Okay. I'm working on a possible psionicist kit, which may or may not ever happen, depending on whether I can make the abilities work well. Telepathic powers are giving me trouble; this might need to be EE-only. The Tinker kit might be a crap-ton of work unless I water it down a lot. So honestly it's a low priority.

For now, then, let's talk about the next major Overhaul component: the RCO.

In the Rogue Class Overhaul, bards and thieves will be merged. As I wrote above these are not really "thieves" per se, just clever people who use intelligence and tactics to overcome their opponents, which big dumb warriors call "unfair" but I call "smart." Most of the changes in this component will happen to bards.
    - They will be able to use more thief skills than just Pick Pockets
    - They will *not* be able to cast wizard spells from a spell book like half-assed mages
    - Instead they will get pools of special bardic magic they may use instead, casting somewhat (but not exactly) like a sorcerer.

I'm still filling out the spells to include in these "pools" of bardic magic. At the moment I'm thinking of having 40 spells, 8 pools with 5 spells each. The pure bard might have access to all 8 pools, while certain kits might have more restricted access, and have more thief abilities or other special abilities instead. Here's what I have so far:

Songs of Inspiration
    -- Song of Courage (no fear+thac0 bonus)
    -- Song of Resistance (AC bonus+elem res)
    -- Song of Celerity (dex bonus+speed/haste)
    -- Song of Fortitude (con bonus+phys res)
    -- Song of Fury (rage)

Songs of Love
    -- Lullaby (sleep)
    -- Song of Attraction (charm person/domination)
    -- Song of Contentment (resist charm/mind shield)
    -- ???
    -- ???

Songs of Loss
    -- Song of Resignation (lesser/greater malison)
    -- Song of Restraint (slow/hold person)
    -- Song of Frailty (enfeeblement)
    -- Song of Bewilderment (confusion)
    -- ???

Hymnal Songs
    -- Song of Healing (cure light/med/srs wounds)
    -- Song of Warding (prot from evil/pfe 10')
    -- Song of Eternal Rest (slow/hold undead)
    -- Song of Smiting (holy smite...??)
    -- ???

Songs of Nature
    -- (barkskin/stoneskin)
    -- (entangle/spike growth)
    -- (animal summoning)
    -- (regeneration...??)
    -- ???

Thaumaturgical Music
    -- (miscast field)
    -- (detect invisible/dispel illusions)
    -- (malison/lower resistance)
    -- (breach/pierce magic)
    -- ???

Illusion Pool
    -- (color spray)
    -- (glitterdust)
    -- (reflected/mirror image)
    -- (bigby's hand...??)
    -- ???

Shadow Pool
    -- (invisibility/shadow door)
    -- (sanctuary)
    -- (blur/wraithform)
    -- (shadowstep)
    -- ???
    GrammarsaladsemiticgodJuliusBorisovlolien
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member Posts: 2,202
    Coooooooooouuuuuuuuuullllllllllld maybe make a Dirgesinger Bard? :smiley:

Dirge Songs
    -- Dirge of Demoralization (Lower enemy THAC0 [and maybe AC?])
    --Dirge of Fear (Horror)
    --Dirge of Pain (Skull Trap)
    --Dirge of the Dead (Animate Dead)
    --Dirge of Death (Finger of Death)
    edited September 2015
    As you might surmise, when I say "bards and thieves will be merged," that means every bard kit will be converted into a thief kit and moved to the thief class. That will result in ~15 "Rogue" kits, each of which will have a unique blend of thief skills, special abilities, and bardic magic pools. They might look something like this:

- Rogue: PP, OL, FT, stealth, set traps, use scrolls, medium backstab
    - Assassin: OL, FT, stealth, poison, high backstab
    - Bounty Hunter: OL, FT, stealth, set traps, special traps, low backstab
    - Scout: OL, FT, DI, stealth, set traps, combat bonuses, medium backstab
    - Sniper: OL, FT, DI, stealth, poison, ranged bonuses, called shots, low backstab
    - Swashbuckler: PP, OL, stealth, combat bonuses, weapon expertise, weapon display, low backstab
    - Shadowdancer: OL, FT, DI, stealth, Shadow Pool, low backstab
    - Blade: OL, stealth, poison, weapon expertise, weapon display, Shadow Pool, low backstab
    - Jongleur: PP, OL, DI, stealth, weapon expertise, called shots, Illusion Pool
    - Loremaster: OL, FT, DI, stealth, UAI, lore bonus, low backstab
    - Dirgesinger: FT, DI, stealth, Songs of Loss, Hymnal Songs, maybe some minor necromantic innates
    - Jester: PP, OL, FT, Songs of Love, Illusion Pool, Jester Dance(s)
    - Meistersinger: PP, stealth, Songs of Inspiration, Songs of Love, Songs of Nature
    - Bard: PP, OL, DI, use scrolls, Songs of Inspiration, Songs of Love, Songs of Loss, Hymnal Songs, Thaumaturgical Music, Illusion Pool
    - Skald: *fighter kit* with access to the Inspiration Pool

EDIT - hmm, maybe some of these should be multiclass kits. The Skald could be a kitted fighter/rogue, maybe also the Swashbuckler and/or Scout. The Shadowdancer could join the Spellfilcher as a mage/rogue... maybe the basic Bard should be a mage/rogue as well. The Dirgesinger and Loresinger could be cleric/rogues. And if you combine this with the Faiths & Powers sphere system, the Meistersinger would be a great example of a druid/bard!

If we peel off 5 or 6 kits to be multiclass, the we can drop the number of single-class rogues to 9, so that they would all fit in the kit selection screen. It changes the concept a bit though, so I would need to think about it.
    GrammarsaladsemiticgodJuliusBorisovlolien
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 269
    What if I want the new thief kits but not the bard changes.
    My "dirty tricks" will be extra abilities that rogues can learn. This could be something like a non-weapon proficiency system, or feats, allowing you to build a unique character even within a single kit. Every few levels you get to choose another feat.

A bard who has access to Songs of Inspiration, for example, could choose to have more access to it, and thus have two uses of Inspiration magic per day instead of just one. Or, he could choose to boost his Int stat higher, to use higher-level scrolls. Or boost his AC or thac0, to be better in melee.

Balancing this with the kit abilities above will be very tricky, but it could be very cool.

Something similar could be done for warriors, though in a much more limited fashion (because let's be honest, rogues are smarter :naughty: )

Note one of the side-effects of this component would be that an entire class is emptied out. Think about that for a second. The bard class can have its hit dice altered to whatever we want; it can have its XP table altered to whatever we want; it can cast wizard spells and can have its spell table altered/extended to whatever we want; it has a modal Bard Song button that is incredibly versatile in the effects it can create... You could do all sorts of interesting stuff with that.

In fact, if Bard Song could be targetable (I haven't tried that but I don't see why it wouldn't work from a technical perspective) then you could turn it into psionic disciplines. Dominate or Hold an opponent, and keep the effect going as long as you concentrate, until you are interrupted or decide to stop. Your wizard "spellbook" could be the log of which disciplines you've learned, and you could have an NRD-like power to choose which one to activate at any given time.

There you go: a psionicist class, in BG. And then there could be *kits* of that class!

Whoa... I just blew my own mind.
    semiticgodlolienSkatan

What if I want the new thief kits but not the bard changes.

The non-bard-converted thief kits are:
    - thief
    - assassin
    - bounty hunter
    - scout
    - swashbuckler
    - sniper
    - shadowdancer

You can already have those in your game right now. The main point of the RCO is the bard kit conversions and all of the things that flow from that process. So if you're not interested in the bard kit conversions then just ignore the RCO.
    edited September 2015
    Vallmyr said:

Coooooooooouuuuuuuuuullllllllllld maybe make a Dirgesinger Bard? :smiley:

Is there not a Dirgesinger there? Hmm, I thought there was, that was the primary reason I created the "Songs of Loss" pool.

I could certainly add a Dirgesinger, but probably without a whole pool of death magic - it's just not very bard-ish. Probably just a special kit ability or two, instead.

EDIT - added.
    Vallmyrlolien
    Okay, I had a bit of an epiphany, maybe, to offload some of those rogue kits in the RCO to be multiclass kits.

Very roughly, my idea for multiclass rogues is that they would have a more limited selection of thief abilities than a single-class rogue; this would be balanced by the increased versatility of being multiclass and kit abilities with particular synergies for that multiclass combo. Cleric/rogues in particular would benefit from the F&P sphere system; they would have limited sphere access and limited thief abilities, but together would be more than the sum of their constituent parts.

A distribution like the one below has 10 single-class rogue kits, so they should all fit in the kit selection menu:

ROGUE:
    - Rogue (Thief)
    - Bounty Hunter
    - Assassin
    - Sniper
    - Bard
    - Blade
    - Jongleur
    - Jester
    - Loremaster
    - Meistersinger

FIGHTER/ROGUE:
    - Swashbuckler
    - Scout
    - Huntsman
    - Ninja
    - Skald

MAGE/ROGUE:
    - Shadowdancer
    - Spellfilcher

CLERIC/ROGUE
    - Loresinger
    - Dirgesinger
    - Nightrunner
    lolien
  • DanarielDanariel Member Posts: 5
    Two problems that I noticed - installation errors out on Saving Throw Overhaul (it asks me to email a debug file to you, I need an email address), and even though I install both Revised Rangers and Elven Archer, neither Elven Archer nor the original Archer are available at character creation. If I remove Elven Archer, I get Archer back.
    edited September 2015
    @Danariel "Email the debug file" is an old leftover Weidu custom. I hope you'll excuse me if don't broadcast my email address via published mods... but you can certainly post any bugs you find here on the forums, on this thread and/or via PM. :smile: (Then the forums shoot me an email automatically.)

I'll look into the Archer issues. I suppose while I'm at it, I should add some stuff to the Ranger Revisions to make the vanilla Archer conform to the new kits' schedule of bonuses and called shots...

I'm also thinking about more racial variants: a dwarven axe-hurler (have it be careful there though, it would be incredibly powerful), and maybe a gnomish crossbowman.

EDIT - oh yeah, can you copy and post the error with the STO? and maybe the contents of your weidu.log (in spoiler tags, please)? And which game you are playing? Thx!
    lolien
    edited September 2015
    Danariel said:

Two problems that I noticed - installation errors out on Saving Throw Overhaul (it asks me to email a debug file to you, I need an email address), and even though I install both Revised Rangers and Elven Archer, neither Elven Archer nor the original Archer are available at character creation. If I remove Elven Archer, I get Archer back.

I just installed the mod on BGEE and IWDEE, and I could not replicate either of these. They have to be related to some kind of bad mod interaction, or non-clean reinstallation problems. (Though I did notice that the Elven Archer is using the Halfling Slinger description text.. :dizzy: That will be fixed, along with mod cleric and rogue proficiencies in the WPO and a couple other things, in a soon-to-be-released 1.1 update.)

EDIT - aaaand, updated to v1.1:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Might_and_Guile/releases/tag/1.11

Changelog:

- The ranger revisions now give the vanilla Archer kit the same bonuses and Called Shots as the Marksman
    - Various bugs rendering the Elven Archer and Halfling Slinger unplayable are now fixed
    - The WPO should assign mod cleric, thief and bard kits installed before M&G the same proficiency limits as the trueclass kits for each class
    - Various text updates and improvements, mostly behind the scenes
    lolien
  • DanarielDanariel Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2015
    *blush* Sorry, there actually IS a .debug file there, and the forums won't let me attach it here, or in a message (I did try!)

I'd really like to see Archer Rangers get some love! I'm really missing my animal companion, too. Haven't played BG since late 90s, I forgot they weren't in.

I just tried to find Marksman in the Fighter kit list, and it's missing too. Mot sure if it has anything to do with it being misspelled in the WeiDU log (which may pull it from elsewhere?) "Add the Marskman (fighter kit): v1.0". You don't see Elven Archer in the log because I uninstalled it so I could play a regular Archer for now.

This is for BGEE, Beamdog versions, both the stand alone installer and the Beamdog client version (uninstalled already partially modded stand alone version, reinstalled from Beamdog client thinking another mod was causing initial errors. Nope.)

Full text of the error is:

ERROR Installing [160: STO: Saving Throw Overhaul, rolling back to previous state will uninstall 42 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 160.
    Uninstalled 42 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 160.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "scales_of_balance/spells/sppr409.spl")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP_MIGHT_AND_GUILE.DEBUG to SubtleD using Language [English]

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #100 // 100: IWO: Item & Weapon Overhaul: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #120 // 120: WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #180 // 180: MRO: Magic Resistance Overhaul: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // 200: Revised Stat Bonuses: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #205 // 205: Revised Hit Point Tables: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // 210: Revised XP Tables: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #215 // 215: Revised Spellcasting Tables: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // 220: Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #250 // 250: Revised Berserker and Rage: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #255 // 255: Revised Rangers: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #260 // 260: Revised Kensai: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #265 // 265: Revised Monk Fists: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #270 // 270: Revised Bards: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #310 // 310: Add the Corsair (fighter kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // 320: Add the Marskman (fighter kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #324 // 324: Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #350 // 350: Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #410 // 410: Add the Sniper (thief kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #420 // 420: Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler: v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #450 // 450: Add the Jongleur (bard kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #460 // 460: Add the Loremaster (bard kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #470 // 470: Add the Gallant (bard kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #480 // 480: Add the Meistersinger (bard kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #490 // 490: Add the Loresinger (bard kit): v1.0
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #500 // 500: Add Multiclass Kits: v1.0