Skip to content

Beregost lore

I have seen some threads about Athkatla and Baldurs Gate lore (population and architecture and so on), but not one about Beregost.

Does anyone know how big the city is and how high the population is about? I always wonder why the little ingame Beregost has so many taverns (and how much of the town we cannot explore)... they really gotta love the ale ;) !

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i to this day still use the FAI for my "storage" area, that chest north of the entrance when you walk into the FAI was just filled to the brim with goodies on my last play through ( probably around 50 000 gold worth ) best part was, it was unlocked and nobody stole it, such nice folks at that inn

i find it kind of funny because as Maurvir mentioned, its a bit of a hike to get there, but for some reason, the FAI just stayed with me for the 20 years that i have been playing this game, and i guess its just out of habit now

but when i hit BG the city, i will use the barrel that is just outside the elfsong tavern, and last play through i must have had over 100 000 gold in items in that barrel, nice to see that the people of baldur's gate don't go looking around looting my spoils from random barrels haha
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    As a total aside, I have long felt that item storage was silly in BG/BG2, but given the inventory system, I suppose it was a decent enough compromise. Personally, I would have preferred stacking based on size/weight (You should not be able to "fill" your backpack with a dozen gems) This was fixed somewhat in BG2 with gem and potion bags.

Also, I believe you should have been required to keep a room to use it for reliable storage. Random crates and barrels should have had a random "loss" associated with them. That was actually a feature of TES:Daggerfall. You could keep a room rented, and as long as you did, your stuff was safe in it. If your rent expired, so did the items stored in it. Of course, that game also had banks and let you buy houses, which was a bit much really.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2019
    Back to Beregost. In between his other announcements the town crier can be heard to shout something along the lines of: "Actually, I'm quite shy."