Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @IvanKaramazov @gwaihir Maybe you guys have a conflict somewhere, as this hasn't been my experience.

Also @gwaihir , I've noticed that when you select a kit and back out, when you go back, the kit is still highlighted, but the game is actually selecting the base multiclass. Clicking on the kit again should fix it, if this is the reasone for your issue. The character creation screen should give you the name of the kit before you finalize.
  • IvanKaramazovIvanKaramazov Member Posts: 14
    @ThacoBell That could be, but I just tried a fresh install of IWDEE, and installed MnG 4b14 with no other mods, and can confirm the same issue. The inherent spells simply don't appear in the spellcasting window when memorized, even though all other spells do.
    @IvanKaramazov Maybe its something with IWD specifically?
  • gwaihirgwaihir Member Posts: 22
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Clicking on the kit again should fix it, if this is the reasone for your issue. The character creation screen should give you the name of the kit before you finalize.

No matter how many times and in what order i click the buttons, the herald always becomes vanilla fighter/mage. Even first-clicking everything, same result.
    gwaihir wrote: »
    as soon as i turned the AI on the spells were gone.

whaaaaat

That makes no sense to my poor brain...

:D:D:D

I'm very sorry, that's how i experienced the issue the first time, i rested, clicked on cast spells, and they were there, then exited, turned on AI, and the next time they were not there. Now I see that the AI has nothing to do with it. The issue seems to be with the sorcerer-like spell system: right after resting, the spells are shown as if memorized by a regular mage, but after that they 'get converted' to spontaneous casting, and in this process the divine spells disappear.

example: I created a skald and gave it xp until lv 5, she has 5 lv 1 spell slots when i click 'daily memorization'. I put a different spell in each slot, including remove fear. Right after rest, the 'cast spell' menu looks like this: armor, blindness, charm person, remove fear, shield; each spell has ONE use only. If i try to cast a spell, any spell, nothing happens. Then che cast spell menu appears to have all the mage spells (without remove fear) with 5 uses, and i can cast them like a normal sorcerer.

@gwaihir Did you use EEkeeper by chance?
    @ThacoBell never used EEkeeper :)

also, found a couple more things.. the Bladesong doesn't work. While it's active, spellcasting is disabled, which is kinda the opposite of what it's supposed to do.. the APR reduction is there, though. Even worse, after using it one time the button disappears from the special ability menu.

secondly, the emanation: interference is not in the special abilities, instead it shows up in the spellbook among the lv 1 spells, without an icon. I can also put it in a slot, but of course doesn't appear in the cast spells menu. This happens with at least a few kits, for example gallant and skald, and the true MnG bard.

I'm beginning to think that i should reinstall everything XD
    @gwaihir I ask because EEkeeper does this thing where it completely borks the bard casting system whenever a save is opened in it.
    @subtledoctor So, I'm having the same problem as @gwaihir is with bard kit spells. My meistersinger does not have access to any of the bonus cleric spells. I can set them, but they don't appear on the cast bar. I didn't have this issue in my last run of BG1, but its not working in BG2 for some reason.
    @subtledoctor My previous BG run was 1 or 2 versions back. Meistersinger and gallant bonus spells definitely worked.
    @subtledoctor My last playthrough was before the current bard spellcasting system, so I'm afraid I can't be much help there. Also, I hesitate to mention this for fear of piling on, but the Kensai also appears to not receive their weapon focus innate ability. I checked that also on a clean install with only MnG.
    @subtledoctor this is my first modded install ever, so i can't say much.. I'm using version 4b13. There was an error while installing MnG for a wrong reference in kitlist.2da that i fixed as i said previously in this thread, and then quite a few warnings; also while installing SCS one component failed for some typos, but you fixed that already in 4b14.

I should also point out that until now i've only been testing the kits at the start of BG1, with the EET launcher.
  • chimpchimp Member Posts: 2
    gwaihir wrote: »
    @subtledoctor this is my first modded install ever, so i can't say much.. I'm using version 4b13. There was an error while installing MnG for a wrong reference in kitlist.2da that i fixed as i said previously in this thread, and then quite a few warnings; also while installing SCS one component failed for some typos, but you fixed that already in 4b14.

I should also point out that until now i've only been testing the kits at the start of BG1, with the EET launcher.

Just to mention: I also have the problem of getting the "fighter/mage" class when selecting the herald kit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Alright! TIme to re-re-re-do my mod install. :D
    Those bugs are all fixed in v4.3

This is normal. It's the best I could do

Awsome! Please don't get me wrong, I think you're doing an amazing job and don't mind that behaviour at all, I just thought that it was tied to the divine spells bug.

Going to do a full reinstall this weekend, can't wait to start my first EET run ever as a gallant :)

Thank you so much.
    @subtledoctor It all works! So great!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    In the EET installer, why is Might and Guile called out as incompatible with itself? The Feat System, Multiclass Bards, and Revised Archery components show the most conflicts.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Subtledoctor, do you use spell revision in every playthrough?
    edited November 2019
    So you think it's a must. Interesting. I will think about trying it someday.

I' m only scared it turns mage stronger while leaving the other casting classes weaker. I read the regeneration spell on the SR forum and the stuff related to the goldberries and I realized that due to the desire of differentiating magic and druid and clerical spells the non mage classes get the short end of the stick
    Post edited by Arthas on
    Great thanks. I saw sr being revised a lot. Do you know if IR has a v4 version or it is still in the ethereal realm. ?
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Look on the G3 forums, you'll find it and even a revised version of it.