Skip to content

Help durlags tower Xbox one

I cannot seem to return to lv 4 of durlags tower. I have already been past the chessboard and then teleported out. I know to return I need to enter one of the elemental rooms to get teleported back to the chessboard, but it’s not working on my Xbox version. Anyone else seen this? Im about to go insane.

Comments

• Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 27
    I had the same error on the Switch version, see: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77136/baldurs-gate-console-feedback

I reported it as bug in the Beamdog bug tracker.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Same error on PS4. Just saw this thread, though.
  • Juggernaught203Juggernaught203 Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same issue; this is a very old bug that I've repeatedly had occur on PC in multiple versions of the game, but at least there I was able to circumvent this with console commands... It has been reported to Beamdog. Let's hope they fix this soon, because it looks like I can't finish this quest line, at least on this character.
  • AllegoricRangerAllegoricRanger Member Posts: 2
    I appreciate the replies. I did have a recent enough save went back and just looted the end all in one go. Just finished bgee now on to sod.
  • Ur86dUr86d Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue, for what that is worth
  • Art_VandelayArt_Vandelay Member Posts: 1
    Any word on a fix for this? I'm stuck with either not being able to finish the quest line or rolling my save back several hours.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sorry, there is no immediate fix at the moment. All the office efforts are on getting NWN:EE out of the door for the approaching console release.
  • cartoxxulancartoxxulan Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problem on the Switch now. Any word on a fix coming?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hang in there guys. This I know this bug really sucks, but Beamdog is passionate about these games. A fix will undoubtedly come. It might be awhile though, Beamdog is a small company and they tend to have more, uh, well aged, patch cycles. Yeah, I'll go with that. Like a good cheese.

If you are deciding between waiting for a patch, or going back a few hours, I recommend going back and re-doing some content. It will be less time wasted in the long run. Probably the biggest tip I can give for these games is to save early, save often, and have multiple files.

The original engine BG is built on was held together with nothing more than hopes and dreams. Its been massively upgraded and stabilized by Beamdog, but its still a 20+ year old engine, it has its quirks.