Skip to content

Stealing/Shoplifting in stores

So I tried looking it up but can't seem to find anything on the subject. I can steal 9 items from a store with 280 pickpocket and not being caught. After the 9 items, I can no longer buy or steal and only sell, if I switch to another thief they can steal yet I am unable to. Is it a bug or something that was changed, I always thought I could steal all I wanted as long as I didn't get caught. Any help would be welcome thanks all.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Sounds like your inventory is full.
  • TirenciaTirencia Member Posts: 3
    Thought the same thing, I just got done reinstalling the game and loading a game just before I left the Irenicus's dungeon and went to the shop with an empty inventory and for some reason, it works now. So maybe my save got corrupted, if that isn't the reason then I really have no idea why it happened.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i want to say that kjeron was right

a helpful reminder on your inventory getting full is that when your inventory is full, your backpack sprite will actually grey out, indicating that your inventory is full

remember, you only have 16 inventory slots, and even if you are pick pocketing stackables, if you have a full inventory ( but still have room left on your stackables ) it will not allow you to pick pocket because your backpack is full
  • TirenciaTirencia Member Posts: 3
    Ok maybe that was it and I just overlooked it. Thanks for both of you for the help and if it was answered elsewhere and I didn't see it. Sorry about that.