Skip to content

Stuffed save

RafeZetterRafeZetter Member Posts: 5
edited October 2019 in Troubleshooting
I made a plea for help in steam here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/466300/discussions/0/1697221160916012253/?tscn=1572368832

Stuck on the roof of TFoR - Transcendent one not appearing - Julius Borisov asked me to post my save so it can be manually fixed.

Hope so - REALLY don't want to do this again as I've been playing this save for literally months, trying to do EVERYTHING (and some seriously major XP farming) after many previous playthroughs only to get sidetracked or bugged save or whatever - I've owned the game since 1999!

20 years to finish a game all the way through, that has to be a record.

PS - feel free to check out my save if you are curious.

Comments

• RafeZetterRafeZetter Member Posts: 5
    It's been a couple of days, so if I could have some indication of timeframe for a fix, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    There should be another file in that save folder, named "BALDUR.GAM", that you will need to upload. Both it and BALDUR.SAV are required to examine the save.
    Best practice is to upload the entire folder for that save game, such as:
    • 000000000-Auto-Save (folder)
      • BALDUR.GAM
      • BALDUR.SAV
      • BALDUR.BMP
      • PORTR0.BMP (0-5 depending on how many party members you have)
    ok ty - the post on steam doesnt specify that.

Here's the 4 files for my borked save.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited November 2019
    Your Nameless One's class is Fighter/Mage, a multiclass, while he should be single-class Fighter, Mage, or Thief, and none of his original class bits are set (used to keep track of his special class setup).

The trigger in the final area requires Nameless one to be either a Fighter, Mage, or Thief, hence why the Transcendent One is not spawning.

If you changed his class yourself (either by mods, NI, or EEkeeper), this is why. If not, I don't know what could have changed his class this way in-game.

I've attached an altered script for the transendent one to spawn, you can drop it in your override folder and the game should finish out just fine even if his class doesn't match one of the expected values.

If you would like his class reset to a single class (Fighter, Mage, or Thief), I can do that as well, just let me know which.
    edited November 2019
    Hi - Yes I did use EEkeeper as I wanted to basically "finish" the game having done & experienced everything - it has been 20 years after all and tbh I didn't fancy another playthru considering the 70+ days playtime, and most of the high level mage animations are just so cool, and I thought seeing as Dakkon is a mage/fighter it wasn't outside Lore - also iirc the text on Thex's ring was for her to become a battlemage - same thing imho.

Much appreciated for the override - I'll give it a try now.

Ok it worked perfectly ty.
    Post edited by RafeZetter on