Skip to content

Battle Music Doesn't Stop!

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
edited August 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hello, is anyone having troubles with the battle music? I'm playing the original game, BG:I, but I'm using the SoD engine/launcher to play the game.

I did a fresh reinstall of all the games I had, but it seems whenever I enter a battle and complete the battle the battle music just continues. I have no idea if this is for every area or not, but it seems to be a big problem in Durlag's Tower.

The only fix I know of is either manually exiting the game or performing a reload.

Edit: This was a problem I'd found in Durlag's Tower. When I left Durlag's Tower, the problem did go away. This was mostly a problem in the lower levels of Durlag's Tower.
Post edited by 1130210 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Do you have a save where you can reproduce this, and if so could you zip and attach it please together with a description of what enemy and whether it always occurs or only happens some times.

Thanks
    1130210JuliusBorisov
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    Do you have a save where you can reproduce this, and if so could you zip and attach it please together with a description of what enemy and whether it always occurs or only happens some times.

Thanks

Actually, amazingly enough I do. My twin brother is right at the part I'm at, and his Narlen quest is glitched and he's about to go into Durlag's Tower. :P
    JuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I have run into this very occasionally on my iPad (so v1.3) but saving -> reloading fixes it.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    OK zip and attach a save here when you have chance.

What's the issue with Narlen?
    edited August 2017
    Gate70 said:

OK zip and attach a save here when you have chance.

What's the issue with Narlen?

I've never been able to get him to show up. Each playthrough. NOW, I could be going to the wrong place - but I really don't think so. However, I'm very willing to admit I'm being a doofus and just not going to the right area. But I've played BG series many, many, many times.

In fact, it has been so long since I've done his quests. He just doesn't seem to show up!

Well, anyway, it's hardly a complaint when there's a lot already perfect in the game. But, just between me and the forum, I've not played Narlen's questline since the BG+Tutu mod was installed like back in 2010. :|
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2017
    Are you using the console at all to advance time or are you going to the spot normally? because if you use Ctrl+T he might not appear if the area he appears is in your line of sight.

For the first quest he appears in the evening in the bottom left corner of the north east part of BG

elminster said:

Are you using the console at all to advance time or are you going to the spot normally? because if you use Ctrl+T he might not appear if the area he appears is in your line of sight.

For the first quest he appears in the evening in the bottom left corner of the north east part of BG

Oh, no no, I don't use mods. But! I think I know what may be causing the issue. I installed original game w/o SoD expansion. Played on that for the longest time, and all of a sudden - fairly abruptly - I switched to SoD version of my game.

Could that have anything to do with these odd issues? I've now finished BGI and am on the actual SoD expansion, but it's still something worth noting.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2017
    Shouldn't affect it. Can you attach a save where Narlen isn't showing up?
    JuliusBorisov
  • LZennerLZenner Member Posts: 19
    Was anything ever resolved on the battle music not stopping in Durlag's Tower? Sure is a PITA to have to save/reload after every fight. I'd fix it if I had the slightest idea where to look in the game files.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The eternal battle music is a known issue, which is unresolved because it's frustratingly hard to reproduce. Whatever causes it isn't in the save.

For a temporary fix, quit the program. When you come back, the battle music will be back to normal for that area. It typically takes a rather long session with the game open for the music to start going wrong.
    JuliusBorisov