Skip to content

Converting savegame /char file from Chrome OS to Windows?

I've been playing the Baldur's Gate Saga on my Chromebook for a while now. In the near future Iḿ hoping to buy a Windows gaming laptop as well. The Chromebook will go to my wife.

Can I convert (or maybe simply copy) my save games and current character file from my Chromebook version of the game and get it working in the Windows version?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The save format itself is the same. Just find the save files and send them to your new device via email.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Cheers!
    Related note, my new pc is Windows 10, can I still run the BG2 EE? Windows 10 is not mentioned under supported Windows versions on the purchase screen on the website. I assume It'll work? Or should I buy it via Steam instead of the Beamdog website?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Just wanted to let you know that I did have to manually install Open AL, but otherwise everything went smoothly. I could simply play on from where I was from one system to the next.