Skip to content

Help! The game stopped controlling my characters by their ai script and just sit there!

This happened either right when or right before I left before sailing to Brynnlaw Island to sneak into the asylum. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Comments

• iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    You’ve probably already tried this, but that picture of a lantern in the bottom right (?) corner turns party AI on and off. Give it a damn good toggling and see if that helps
    JuliusBorisovSkatan2088432
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i believe pressing the "A" key on the keyboard toggles the AI

as iosfrustration said, there is a lantern button in the bottom corner to show if AI is turned on or off, if it is "lit" that means your AI is on, but if its "not lit" then your AI is off

if that doesnt solve the problem what you can try doing is, set your character's scripts to "none" then press "done" so it "saves" then give them back their scripts that you originally had for them, and press done so then it "saves" and see if that works

i heard rumor that the bdfai or whatever they are called scripts will actually time out ( for some weird reason ) and sometimes stop working hence the reason why i just made my own scripts instead
    JuliusBorisov2088432
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i heard rumor that the bdfai or whatever they are called scripts will actually time out ( for some weird reason ) and sometimes stop working hence the reason why i just made my own scripts instead

I always wondered about this: sometimes feels like my NPCs are getting stupider during long play sessions. This would explain it...
    Of course in the case of Minsc non-functioning AI might be an improvement
    Skatan2088432gorgonzola
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    sarevok57 wrote: »

I always wondered about this: sometimes feels like my NPCs are getting stupider during long play sessions. This would explain it...
    Of course in the case of Minsc non-functioning AI might be an improvement

LOL! :D Yeah, even when Minsc isn't bezerk... his miniature giant space hamster has to keep him "sane" lol.
    sarevok57gorgonzola