Skip to content

[Mod] Turnabout - Updated to 1.3!

CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
edited January 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Turnabout is fair play. The Turnabout mod adds a new wrinkle to the final fight in Throne of Bhaal, enabling the player to recall up to three dead allies to aid in the battle.

Seven possible allies are available:

Dynaheir
Tiax
Khalid
Xzar
Gorion
Yoshimo
Alianna (the PC's mother)

My update, made 14 years after the mod's release (to be clear, I have nothing to do with the original team), makes this classic mod compatible with EE, as well as fixes critical bugs present in the first version. A version is also provided for the original BG2, for users who don't want to use EE but want the fixes present in my update.

Download the mod here.

Turnabout requires that Ascension v2.0 be installed. It can be downloaded here.
Post edited by Cirosan on

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited November 2019
    If you'd make this version so it includes BGII/BGT (i.e. a real update), it could be included on the original download site at PPG.

EDIT: Because I am not sure the EE-only version can be added so easily. Kulyok can do mod updates at PPG, but I don't think she can alter the pages to include a new download.

Also, I'd suggest you comment the AUTHOR tagg and add a SUPPORT tagg. Naming old modders' email addresses for support error messages of mod versions they did not create is not good style. (Sorry if this sounds blunt. It's not meant as a personal attack.)
    Post edited by jastey on
    I feel like a spoilsport...

Your linked version has still backup info in it, as if you zipped an installed version.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    I'm glad that not only me noticed this :smile:
  • CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    jastey wrote: »
    I'd suggest you comment the AUTHOR tagg and add a SUPPORT tagg. Naming old modders' email addresses for support error messages of mod versions they did not create is not good style. (Sorry if this sounds blunt. It's not meant as a personal attack.)

Your linked version has still backup info in it, as if you zipped an installed version.

Fixed both.
    jastey wrote: »
    If you'd make this version so it includes BGII/BGT (i.e. a real update), it could be included on the original download site at PPG.

EDIT: Because I am not sure the EE-only version can be added so easily. Kulyok can do mod updates at PPG, but I don't think she can alter the pages to include a new download.

I'd consider doing this after I'm able to fix the loading issues; for now, I consider this a stop-gap bugfix release.
    I've updated the mod to fix the loading issues and make it compatible with Ascension v2. A version is also provided for the original BG2, for users who don't want to use EE but want the fixes present in my update.

@jastey Please contact Kulyok; I'd be happy to have my update added to the original page now that it's for both versions of BG2.
    Updated the links in the OP, as the mod is now officially hosted on PocketPlane, the home of the original Turnabout mod. Big thanks to jastey and kulyok for making that happen!
    Turnabout v1.4 is prepared at the PPG GitHub page. Links on PPG modpage will be updated soon.
    https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/Turnabout/releases
    Thank you @Cirosan for the EE version and @Austin for traify-cation and combining the versions to one download again.
    Cangelog v1.4: Unified version for classic BGII and EE, by Austin and jastey:
    -Mod is now traify-ed.
    -Moved tp2 into mod folder.
    -Added turnabout.ini with mod metadata , install order syntax, and globally unique LABELs to support Project Infininty.
    -Crossmod with Lava's Khalid mod: if Khalid is alive, he can't be summoned via the pools.
    ...and to v1.5 that considers all instances for the crossmod with Khalid BGII mod.