Skip to content

Which mods would you recommend for Fighter/Druid solo?

ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
I will try to solo bg2 with fighter dualed to druid. I will use SCS for difficulty enhancement. Is there any good druid mods out there to try, be it spell mods or kit mods? Also which level is good for dual classing and which kit would you choose as fighter? I will install the iwd spells from scs. Do you have any other recommendations like which proficiencies to pick or which items to use etc?

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Fighter/druid multi is stronger than fighter/druid dual, so you'll want to dual as late as possible to minimize the power gap, waiting at least until you get your last half an attack at 13th level.

As for mods, SCS has an OP wildshape component that makes shapeshifting more fun than it would otherwise be. That's the main one you'll want to consider, though a fair number of players consider it too strong to install (doesn't fit with a goal of "difficulty enhancement").
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2019
    jsaving wrote: »
    Fighter/druid multi is stronger than fighter/druid dual, so you'll want to dual as late as possible to minimize the power gap, waiting at least until you get your last half an attack at 13th level.

As for mods, SCS has an OP wildshape component that makes shapeshifting more fun than it would otherwise be. That's the main one you'll want to consider, though a fair number of players consider it too strong to install (doesn't fit with a goal of "difficulty enhancement").

If i go for improved shapeshifting, i can choose avenger. It would be fun to have avenger spells while shapeshifting on and off.
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    Skatan wrote: »

I looked that mod but the sphere system changes a lot of things in the spell book. For example some kits don't access to true seeing and some vital spells. I don't know if it would be good for soloing.
    Skatan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    edited November 2019
    If you dual, I'd do it no later than level 11. Anything else and your just waiting far too long getting your fighter abilities back. I wouldn't worry about missing the extra 0.5 apr- druids have access to a Belm, the returning daggers, and ultimately Earth Elemental form, so apr isn't really a bottle-neck for them.

I'm not one for tweaking them really- I think druids in BG are pretty underrated. But adding the IWD spells really opens up a lot more options for druid spellcasting, and F/D or F->D's in particular with the melee related spells.

Berserker->Druid is a particularly strong build, because the enrage ability really covers the Druid's few defensive shortcomings.