Skip to content

Custom modules

I'm having trouble playing almost all fan made modules. I had been playing Aielund saga, until I got to the point where I needed to go north in the first act and fight some bandits and bring back the head of the leader. The game crashes when I try and enter that area. I have all the needed files in the right places. Is this a .tlk file issue? Or what? This sort of thing is happening with Prophet series, and Lords of Darkness. I get just a little ways in, do a couple quests and then when I try and continue it starts crashing on any new areas. Playing on Android and don't know what to do.

Comments

• Do a search on transition crashes - its an issue with older modules using certain transition types on EE. I've never encountered it myself, but I don't play a lot of older modules.

Maybe is was @TarotRedhand that first referenced this issue?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Not on Android. I only build and play on PC (Samsung decided that I must have 150 meg ms office on my phone so I don't have room). Maybe @JuliusBorisov can point you to a solution or where to post a bug report now that they've changed where you do that.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    I did a fair amount of testing on Android but didn't encounter any area crashes, so my guess is that it's a specific problem with those modules.

If you have access to NWN on Windows / Mac / Linux, try copying the save folder from Android, work around the crash, then copy back to Android.

I imagine Beamdog would encourage you to raise a ticket, attaching your save folder.

If you can't do the desktop workaround yourself, post a link to the ticket here = I'm sure one of the players here can help you.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    @Proleric, @TarotRedhand, @Pstemarie Thnx folks, yeah it happens on certain transitions I guess.