Skip to content

Are there romances in Wyvern Crown of Cormyr?

ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
As the title says. Just trying to decide if I want to roll a female paladin or a male fighter/blackguard for the module. :)

Comments

• ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    If there have been any they are very forgetable.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    So along the lines of, say, Pirates of the Sword Coast then? ("That's IT?? And I thought the NWN OC romances were shallow!" XD) I guess I'll go with my female paladin then, mostly out of curiosity to see how the paladin's special mount will work with the riding content in the module.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    I remember the henchmen in this module very fondly, actually, but I can't say for sure whether there were any explicitly romantic dialogue options. I'd recommend taking along the princess companion - there's a cool twist to her.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Isewein wrote: »
    I remember the henchmen in this module very fondly, actually, but I can't say for sure whether there were any explicitly romantic dialogue options. I'd recommend taking along the princess companion - there's a cool twist to her.

Does it turn out she's really an ogre?
    No, but
    a lycanthrope
    iirc.
    So I just finished WCoC tonight and nope, there's no romances in this module. Regarding the princess...
    There's actually no mention of her being a lycanthrope at all throughout the module. However, from a walkthrough written by the module's lead writer, she WAS supposed to be, and there's a few teasers left in the module that hint at it before the storyline/quest was cut from the module due to pacing issues.

I found this mod extremely impressive on a technical and scripting level. The DLA team managed to do stuff that I wouldn't have believed possible using the Aurora engine, especially the jousts and all the mounted content! That said, this was also one of the most unstable mods I've played; I got a lot of CTD errors while playing this module. :/

One big pet peeve about this mod for me was the way the stores operated. I got really, REALLY sick of having to scroll through pages and pages of individual custom Leather and Chainmail armors just to see if the inventory got updated with anything I might actually want to buy. While I agree that their method feels more "real", I would rather that they just dump the entire final inventory at the start just for QoL reasons. The mounts, while lots of fun to watch (they have some BEAUTIFUL models), also had a tendency to get stuck on terrain and having to manually round up all my horses before changing a map got old real fast. (Also, for some reason the Mage companion seemed to stop casting spells at all whenever she was mounted. I'm not sure if is a general bug or something in the orders I gave to her just got screwed up.)

All things considered though, I would definitely recommend people give this mod a go, if only to see for themselves how NWN1 can be pushed to its limits with regards to scripting. :)
    Huh, that's curious. Memory might be playing a prank on me then. I could have sworn I remembered something to that effect about the character.
    Yeah, it seems that Kathryn's backstory got reworked into a different one involving the Fire Knives assassins guild. In fact, if you talk to her enough to learn about her full backstory, you actually get ambushed by the Fire Knives during a random encounter while travelling.
    Aha! Yes, I remember the ambush. That must have gotten mixed up in my head after reading the original idea on DLA forums.