Skip to content

Why is the console version $50?

I have been anticipating the console release of NWN for awhile so I can play it with my partner, and just noticed it is $50. I'm not 100% certain but I'm fairly sure no version of NWN has ever been more than $40 in the past. The EE is priced at $20 on PC, and is in fact $9 on GOG right now.

I haven't heard any rumblings of somehow working in couch co-op ala Diablo 3, so I have no idea the reason for the steep markup. Any new content at all? Is the new premium module included? I'm just experiencing a little sticker shock.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Because it includes all the numerous DLC, except for TotM (this part is still TBD), which, if you buy all of them on Steam will cost just about $50 USD as well.
    StummvonBordwehrDerpCityZaxaresmegamike15
  • tortstorts Member Posts: 3
    That pretty much clears it up, thank you. I didn't realize how much it all added up to (in part due to having played most of it way back when). Personally it would be preferable to have it all as DLC there as well, but it will also be nice to finally own a physical copy of all of those modules.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LeonDeGammeLeonDeGamme Member Posts: 32
    does anyone know if the other premium modules will be available (infinite dungeons)?
    steelnation48
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'm guessing that all of the old Bioware premium modules (Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, Shadowguard, Wyvern Crown and Infinite Dungeons) are included, but I'll let Julius confirm/deny that.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Zaxares wrote: »
    I'm guessing that all of the old Bioware premium modules (Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, Shadowguard, Wyvern Crown and Infinite Dungeons) are included, but I'll let Julius confirm/deny that.

seems the console versions are including all the current dlc. the bg 1 ee has sod for example.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Actually, Infinite Dungeons seem not to be included. https://www.skybound.com/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition But other than them, and ToTM, everything else is in.
    bummer
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Actually, Infinite Dungeons seem not to be included. https://www.skybound.com/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition But other than them, and ToTM, everything else is in.
    Nor is Darkness over Daggerford: EE. And if Kingmaker is mentioned, weren't there also two other small expansions next to that module that are included?
    maybe later as a DLC, then.