Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    It might be the Imoen Romance since I don't currently have that one installed. Although I thought @BCaesar had that on his game and he just installed our mod without issues, so maybe not.

Next time I do a reinstall, I can try that mod and see what happens.
    Caszidy wrote: »
    @Ratatoskr don't need to rush anything. I have a feeling the wait will be worth it with this project :+1:

And thanks. I just feel bad that we post an update like every 6 months, if that.
    Caszidy
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How does one save Clara? I just did Hexxat's recruit quest, and she still just kills clara in a cutscene. I didn't have Mazzy with me yet, is she required for that to work?
    @ThacoBell Clara always dies so Hexxat can come back. However, if you object to that murder and start a fight, you can get Clara back when you kill Hexxat. Having good characters makes that more obvious, but it shouldn't be required.

I can get more details if you need them, but that's the gist.
    @Ratatoskr Yeah, I don't know how to get Clara back. There was no body for me to pick up.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Ratatoskr Yeah, I don't know how to get Clara back. There was no body for me to pick up.

Okay, so there's never a body to pick up. BCaesar didn't code it that way. It should go something like this:

1. Kill Hexxat. There are conversation options that lead to her attacking you, which is the easiest way to do it. Or if you have For the Good installed, there are about 7 NPCs who will try to murder her when she leaves.
    2. Pick up Hexxat's sack after she's dead.
    3. Get a stake if you don't have one. If there's one in your inventory, Hexxat should get staked automatically. As soon as she's staked, Clara should reappear and talk to you. We had to make her reappear alive instead of automatically joining you while dead in order to get rid of the dead selection bug.

Most of this should have floating text to help explain, but that's definitely missable if you're looking at other things. I don't think this will work if Hexxat dies after you leave the tomb so to be safe, you'll want to kill her there. Once Hexxat is dead and you have her sack, you should be able to leave the tomb to get a stake without any problems.

I've tested all of this so it should work, but if you miss picking up the sack, none of the rest will happen.
    CaszidyThacoBell
    Oh okay. I never picked up the bag, since in vanilla, this means that you can never put it back down and Hexxat will just keep respawning and asking to join.
    Timbo0o0o0Ratatoskr
    Glad you got it. I might try to change the floating text to make that more obvious. It's mentioned in the readme but people do seem to miss it. Getting her to stay dead took quite a bit of coding so I can see why people are wary :-)
    ThacoBell
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Have you thought about how to handle Korgan's redemption ? That mod relies on the initial Mazzy - Korgan banter in ToB and then adds a whole sequence to it (rather neatly done!). It would be great if the two were to be made conceptually rather than just technically compatible.
    To be honest, I haven't been looking at new mods at all and have no particular plans to incorporate any of them into ATM right now. I've been having enough trouble trying to plan a romance quest that doesn't break Alternatives so unfortunately technically compatible may be the best that we can offer.

That might change in the future if we ever finish what we've planned since we haven't actually written much TOB content yet. However, considering the sheer number of conversations we still need to edit, that's a long ways out. And judging by the title of Korgan's Redemption, I don't know if our character styles would mesh particularly well, though it might be okay as long as our scenes play first.
    I feel like redemption for Korgan kinda wrecks his arc, personally. He's a tragic character who recognizes his own failings, but is unable to change. Its an arc that feels genuine and has a lot of (implied) depth to it.
    @Ratatoskr @BCaesar How goes progress?
    Slowly, to be honest. I got a few more conversations coded but I didn't have much time over the holidays and I've been sick pretty much since. However, we have been working on our master word files for all the new dialogues.

Part of the problem is I don't know when we're going to find the time to actually play-test everything. Our romance has some different dialogue options depending on PC's race/gender and who's in your party so we'd have to play through the whole game at least 3-4 times.
    CaszidyThacoBell
    @Ratatoskr Tis the season for holidays and sickness. Hope you get better soon. You might cast about in thread or in the forums for playtesters when you reach that point. I'm sure several people would enjoy that.
    Caszidy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2020
    @ArthasII At the moment, ForTheEvil is just those conversations. We split them off because they have nothing to do with either Mazzy or Clara and they are very much not-PC. Evil things involving Mazzy or Clara still tend to end up in the main mod.

However, as with many things in ATM, that section will hopefully expand in time. We already have several more scenes that I plan to code in this section and we may write more once I get the bulk of the Clara/Mazzy stuff coded. They are the promised focus of this mod and PC choices require way more coding, so it's mostly in the someday category.

@ThacoBell Thanks. I hope I feel better soon too ;-) And when I get to that point, the forum is definitely the first place I'll ask. I just want to get at least the main bits coded first. Once active, our romance/friendship actually isn't linear so we can add more fairly easily, but I still need to code the start before anything else.

I also need to play through the whole game at least once myself anyway since most of our interjections are fairly front loaded at the moment. We tend to write them as we play.
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
    Just posted a small update. This only has a couple additions since I'm mostly trying to get back into the swing of coding before I start the major sections. However, I did fix the glitch with Clara's epilogue so that will actually play now. As usual, uninstall the old version before installing this one.

As usual, I'll leave the older version w/ the Russian up for now. Apologies again to @p_zombie325 for adjusting existing talks.

Since both BCaesar and I are stuck at home right now, you will hopefully be getting a much bigger update soon.
    Caszidymegamike15ThacoBell
    nhnqlcfn8x1g.png
    Iakusmegamike15
  • AtherakhiaAtherakhia Member Posts: 22
    Atherakhia wrote: »

It's not on the Gibblerlings3 list because I don't have an account over there, but if I did the code right, it should actually be EET compatible already. I have no way to test it because I don't use EET myself, but I copied the code for it from another mod.
    Though honestly, you might want to wait for the next update, because I've done a massive amount of coding under quarantine.
    Caszidy
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    It's not on the Gibblerlings3 list because I don't have an account over there
    Contributions to the linklist can also be done via GitHub Pullrequests.

That's good to know. Though honestly, I'd like someone to verify that it actually does work before I get it added. I've put in the code, but as I said, I've never actually tested it.
  • AtherakhiaAtherakhia Member Posts: 22
    @Ratatoskr might be worth trying the Golem? https://forums.bgforge.net/viewforum.php?f=37
    I'm willing to test in my next EET install, when are you hoping to release v.next?
    edited April 2020
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. It might depend on how long we're shutdown here. I've done a massive amount of coding and I'm almost done with what we had finished, but it's going to require a complete play test of the entire game to make sure it works properly.

Even that will probably miss a couple errors, but we want to make sure there's nothing obviously game breaking before we post the next version.

@BCaesar has been doing most of the testing currently while I code, thank you to him, but fixing everything will probably still take a lot of time. You could try the current version of the mod just to test the install, but it'll be missing a fair amount of content.
    ThacoBellCaszidyleeux
  • IakusIakus Member Posts: 36
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Do you guys have any plans to give her a boost on some stat? I've noticed that she's below the average from thieves in BG2EE (not counting Hexxat).

We can now answer this question as a yes. There are many banters written and ready to code that increase her stats. Finishing Clara is the next thing on our to-do list after we finish the Mazzy romance/friendship.

An update on the mod: Thanks to an enormous effort by Ratatoskr most of the SoA friendship and romance has been coded (and much of the ToB one). Ratatoskr is just finishing up coding the last bit of that and I've been testing it and bug fixing. It's going to take a fair bit of testing to make sure it basically all works before we post it (and then I'm sure some people will catch more, but we want to make sure it at least works on our games as planned before it's posted).

Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing. Looking forward to this next iteration!
    ThacoBell
  • IakusIakus Member Posts: 36
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Do you guys have any plans to give her a boost on some stat? I've noticed that she's below the average from thieves in BG2EE (not counting Hexxat).

We can now answer this question as a yes. There are many banters written and ready to code that increase her stats. Finishing Clara is the next thing on our to-do list after we finish the Mazzy romance/friendship.

An update on the mod: Thanks to an enormous effort by Ratatoskr most of the SoA friendship and romance has been coded (and much of the ToB one). Ratatoskr is just finishing up coding the last bit of that and I've been testing it and bug fixing. It's going to take a fair bit of testing to make sure it basically all works before we post it (and then I'm sure some people will catch more, but we want to make sure it at least works on our games as planned before it's posted).

Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing. Looking forward to this next iteration!
    ThacoBell
    It bears repeating :D