Skip to content

[MOD PREVIEW] The Fallen Light (SoD spoilers)

Comments

• CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I am definitely for the first option :+1:
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Caszidy

My thoughts are that the original name was too lengthy and grandiose as far as kits go, but I admittedly do prefer how it sounds. Any other opinions?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Champion of the Aster rolls off the tongue better.

Aster Knight almost sounds like a curse. *Stubs toe* "Gah! AsterKnight!"
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Champion sounds much better.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Champion of the Aster does sound better imo.
    Looks like there’s no debate here. The kit will retain its original name since everyone agrees on it.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I was gonna say "Knight of the Aster," but if its already been decided...
    Updated the main post to be more informative. There has been a little progress on the production end, but nothing too exciting. I'm going to put a little more work into this once I've at least got either Aura or Drake's BG2 content out there though.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Aster Knight.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    AionZ said:
    Updated the main post to be more informative. There has been a little progress on the production end, but nothing too exciting. I'm going to put a little more work into this once I've at least got either Aura or Drake's BG2 content out there though.
    I was excited when you announced this project before, and I still am. In particular, as an EET junkie - I appreciate the continuity requirement.

1,000,000 exp for the PC. That's an interesting restriction. On one hand, it makes complete sense (If she's always going to be higher level, then you want to control when she becomes available). The downside is - I cannot speak for everyone, but when I use a mod to add a new NPC, I tend to try to grab that NPC as soon as possible so as to see as much of their content as is possible (Meaning - I want to see what Caelar says about or during De'arnise keep, a quest I usually undertake very early into chapter 2).

Anyways. It's nothing a replay or two cannot handle. Thanks for the update on the mod's scope, looking forward to hearing more.
    I recommend releasing Aura BG2, then finishing this. Though I may be a little biased. ;)
  • LaeadinLaeadin Member Posts: 2
    Hiya! first comment on these forums. I just wanted to say i am really looking forward to this mod. It has been over 2 years since its announcement, and i have spent most of that time on the edge of my seat.The second it is finished, i am starting up a new play through just for her.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Please make the

Her -20% experience reduction serves as a sort of counterbalance.

optional

Not happening, sorry. She gets exclusive experience bonuses throughout her questline to compensate.
    Understood. I had to ask because not everyone uses vanilla level cap.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    AionZ wrote: »
    Not happening, sorry. She gets exclusive experience bonuses throughout her questline to compensate.

Why give the kit the 20% penalty, then? Because it's not a disadvantage if it gets compensated by the mod.
    It is not a 100% compensation.
  • LaeadinLaeadin Member Posts: 2
    I like the idea of a 20% penalty and support keeping it. If it bothers people too much, they can always cheat and give her more XP, so no accounting for taste with the default. I am just excited to see it done. Is there another page that would be your main mods page? Do you have a patreon or anything to facilitate such a thing?
    @Laeadin

I appreciate your support but I cant ask for donations. I do have a site: https://artisans-corner.com/the-fallen-light/ but it doesn’t really have any information not already on the thread.
    edited May 2019
    May I ask why did you ignore me ? I tried to send you a pm to check what was your idea about a certain mod but it proved futile.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Any news?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    most likly not until aura and drake's bg 2 content is done.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kartik100Kartik100 Member Posts: 6
    Yo, is this thing still being worked on? I made an account just to ask because this mod sounds awesome. Sounds like you've been at it on and off for years. Can we get any kinda ETA? Or is it cancelled now?

I know there's that Shine On, Caelar mod too, but it's EET exclusive so I don't think it negates this mod. I'm a creative type too so I get that the passion for these types of projects waxes and wanes, but I really think you were on to something great here. I hope you come back to it someday.
    Aionz tends to work on different projects in spurts, depending on what they are more interested in/driven to do at the time. I don't think this mod is dead, but its like number 3 or 4 in priority right now. At least based on comments posted in these forums.
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2020
    May be will see her in baldur's gate 3 :)
    She could still be alive and the plot has touch with Avernus (Descent to Avernus, Tiefling..)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    she did not show up in decent of avernus and i don't think wotc wants to touch anything from sod.
    I don't get why? As far as I know it's official

I know she did not show up, but they may have keep her for later.
    nysi wrote: »
    I don't get why? As far as I know it's official

I know she did not show up, but they may have keep her for later.

The review bombing and flaming of SoD at release created more controversy than WotC wanted to be associated with. I suspect its the reason Beamdog wasn't granted the rights for BG3. There's no way they weren't gunning for it.
    On the contrary, I suspect it was Wotc that wanted a DOS game in their universe and asked Larian to do the game.
    And while SOD get stupid bombing it's not the first time a game or film get such flaming, so Wotc may see past that.