Skip to content

The Beaurin Legacy NPC Mod for BGII:EE

Comments

• CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I checked and I don't have QI#MiEdwinFemaleTimer" nor QI#MiEdwinFemale. Actually I first recruited Minyae and after that I recruited Edwin, so she was in the party the whole time and forseen his transformation.
    I also tried in EEkeeper to change value of QI#MIEDWINROMANCESOA from 8 to for example 12, but nothing happens, still no other banters fires.
    Thank you for trying to solve this out with me and for your time :)
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    Caszidy wrote: »
    I checked and I don't have QI#MiEdwinFemaleTimer" nor QI#MiEdwinFemale. Actually I first recruited Minyae and after that I recruited Edwin, so she was in the party the whole time and forseen his transformation.
    I also tried in EEkeeper to change value of QI#MIEDWINROMANCESOA from 8 to for example 12, but nothing happens, still no other banters fires.
    Thank you for trying to solve this out with me and for your time :)

That is very strange...may I ask if she said anything to him during his transformation? Also, would it be possible to attach your WeiDU log? (I can move this conversation to private messages if you like/if it's easier for you.)

And of course - it's the least I can do. :)
    I am not sure (since it was a little while ago - like I said, I am in chapter six), but I think, she had one reaction, but since that nothing.
    Since that I notice that multiple times Edvin and Minyae turned one to another like when coversation happens, but nothing popped out.
    Well weidu log - I am playing on Android so I am not sure if it will be correct - I have only this file from the time I install all mods.
    Caszidy wrote: »
    I am not sure (since it was a little while ago - like I said, I am in chapter six), but I think, she had one reaction, but since that nothing.
    Since that I notice that multiple times Edvin and Minyae turned one to another like when coversation happens, but nothing popped out.
    Well weidu log - I am playing on Android so I am not sure if it will be correct - I have only this file from the time I install all mods.

Oh! I wonder if mods installed on Android make a difference? I wouldn't think so but that's interesting...Nothing in the log stands out to me, but I know that TBL's current version is 3.2, but that shouldn't cause that error. I think I will try to do a veeery quick run through of their romance and let you know if I run across that error. If not, I wonder if it is possible to send me your save file and perhaps I could take a peek at it?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Is any information available about the secret character? I never do evil runs but might give this ago if there is a good or neutral NPC that can join. Thanks!
    ilduderino wrote: »
    Is any information available about the secret character? I never do evil runs but might give this ago if there is a good or neutral NPC that can join. Thanks!

There isn't any information currently available about the secret character...at least not until now. :)
    The hidden NPC is of good-alignment.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Brilliant, thanks very much! Will download later and looking forward to finding out more ?
    Version updated to v3.3. This version includes:
    • Added DESIGNATED to the components
    • Added Continue() to necessary scripting blocks
    • Fixed an issue where "Wizards" were replaced with '
    • Added a space after ellipses to ensure "BG-likeness"
    Hi, I've been finally able to make necessary time to finish my playthrough with Minyae so I just came here to express my thanks and appretiation for this great NPC mod!
    I really enjoyed this playthrough with Minyae. She is an interesting character with great character development. The writing is definitely deep and beliveable.
    My problem with stucked banters between her and Edwin in SoA part of the game was resolved (EEkeeper) and in ToB everything worked like charm.
    So thanks a lot again for Beaurin Legacy, now I'm going to try different approach with her and try to finish the game also with hidden NPC.
    Cheers to @jmaeq
    Hi @Caszidy

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you thought so. :)

My apologies again for not knowing what the issue could have been with your game, but I am also glad that you were able to resolve it using EEKeeper. :)
    edited August 2019
    Version updated to v3.4. This version includes:
    • Fixed PID when asking Minyae about stories on Hidden NPC
    • Added more Continue() to necessary scripting blocks
    • Added a new alternative portrait for Minyae, but replaced it with a previous alternative for more "BG-likeness" options
    On a side note, I added a zip version for those who prefer it.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thanks for these updates. Hopefully I'll try Beaurin soon :)
    I am back with another brief report - I just finished the playthrough with hidden NPC from Minyae and I just loved it.
    I don't want to spoil anything, so I will only repeat that even with this hidden NPC the writing is exceptionally good. Character has deep background and interesting banters with Bioware NPCs. It's only a pitty that the hidden NPC is introduced after Underdark exit, but neverthless I enjoyed every minute of play.
    Maybe It will be great to have more content about the storyline about parents of hidden NPC and their role.
    So once again I really recommend this amazing mod ;)
    edited September 2019
    @Caszidy Thank you for your kind words - I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed both of them! :)
    Version updated to v3.5. This version includes:
    • Prevented NPC banters with the Hidden NPC from triggering if respective NPC was not in party
    • Fixed Minsc and Korgan ToB banters with the Hidden NPC from occurring more than once
    • Fixed Sarevok ToB banter with the Hidden NPC, so it should trigger appropriately
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    To reach the hidden NPC, is it necessary to have Minyae with the party at all times during Chapter IV and V ?
    Isewein wrote: »
    To reach the hidden NPC, is it necessary to have Minyae with the party at all times during Chapter IV and V ?

It isn't necessary to have Minyae with the party at all times during Chapters 4 and 5.
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    I tried everything I could think of and couldn't get the hidden NPC to join me. Was it because my char was evil?
    MrBaquan wrote: »
    I tried everything I could think of and couldn't get the hidden NPC to join me. Was it because my char was evil?

Unfortunately, yes, that is the reason why.
  • PeppeppeiaPeppeppeia Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    So I ran into 2 bugs:
    we got Adalon's eggs destroyed in the Underdark, and she's not happy. She talks like she's about to go hostile, Minyae interjects, and Minyae goes hostile instead (while remaining in my party somehow). Then I can talk to Adalon again to initiate the fight, but I can't seem to get control of Minyae again. Even killing her and reviving her didn't work.
    It looks like I'm using version 3.5, if that helps.
    My temporary fix was to just attack without talking to her first, but thought I'd let you know.

A bigger problem I ran into a bit later:
    Once I got into Chapter 6, as soon as I leave the Exit from Underdark area (either by World Map travel, which always takes me to the Drizzt encounter, or going back into the Underdark), Minyae starts conversations with me constantly as long as I'm close by and we're not in combat. But it's not actual conversations, it's just her default dialog options that pop up if you try to talk to her yourself. I think it's the stuttering bug described before, but for some reason it didn't start until now.
    Post edited by Peppeppeia on
    Peppeppeia wrote: »
    So I ran into 2 bugs:
    we got Adalon's eggs destroyed in the Underdark, and she's not happy. She talks like she's about to go hostile, Minyae interjects, and Minyae goes hostile instead (while remaining in my party somehow). Then I can talk to Adalon again to initiate the fight, but I can't seem to get control of Minyae again. Even killing her and reviving her didn't work.
    It looks like I'm using version 3.5, if that helps.
    My temporary fix was to just attack without talking to her first, but thought I'd let you know.

A bigger problem I ran into a bit later:
    Once I got into Chapter 6, as soon as I leave the Exit from Underdark area (either by World Map travel, which always takes me to the Drizzt encounter, or going back into the Underdark), Minyae starts conversations with me constantly as long as I'm close by and we're not in combat. But it's not actual conversations, it's just her default dialog options that pop up if you try to talk to her yourself. I think it's the stuttering bug described before, but for some reason it didn't start until now.

Thanks for reporting this to me - I'll be sure to check up on these as soon as I am able to. :)
    edited March 2020
    Version updated to v3.6. This version includes:
    • Prevented Minyae from becoming hostile after the dialogue where Adalon attacks the PC
    • Missed a dialogue line to be tra-ified (now in TRA file)
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Hardest part of this mod is letting that seedy creep Edwin be her love interest. Minyae has the most beautiful pic! I get the reasons, still rankles (but not too seriously, she is a well-written character).
    edited April 2020
    Heh, thank you!

On a side note...
    There is always the option of influencing/stopping their romance in ToB.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Hardest part of this mod is letting that seedy creep Edwin be her love interest. Minyae has the most beautiful pic! I get the reasons, still rankles (but not too seriously, she is a well-written character).

i see it as throwing edwin a bone. and even if they were not lovers from what little i have seen of her they would have gotten along regardless.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @jmaeq I have been trying to figure out how to get the hidden NPC? Is there some help you can provide as I have pretty much finished SoA with no sight of the hidden NPC (that I am aware of that is).
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    @jmaeq I have been trying to figure out how to get the hidden NPC? Is there some help you can provide as I have pretty much finished SoA with no sight of the hidden NPC (that I am aware of that is).
    You will encounter the Hidden NPC in Chapter 6. When you reach Athkatla, Minyae will initiate a very short dialogue to venture to the Copper Coronet and an encounter will ensue.

Depending on the outcome of the encounter and whether or not you have a good alignment, the Hidden NPC from the encounter may join you. However, it is impossible to have both the Hidden NPC and Minyae be in the same party (unless using cheats, then in that case, the world is your oyster :) ).
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    edited July 2020
    Strange...after installing this mod Gaelan Bayle no longer gives me the Shadow Thief Cellar key to access the place when Aran Linvail happens to be.

Did it happen to anyone else?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    might be another mod. as that never happened to me with this installed.