Skip to content

The Beaurin Legacy NPC Mod for BGII:EE

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited March 2019
    @SharGuidesMyHand If you have experience with using Near Infinity, you could help @jmaeq debug the stutter bug you are encountering by installing the Stutter Debug Tool (just install option 1 like a mod).
    Start the save with the stutter bug, and note down which script and which block number is causing the stutter from the texts given in the dialogue box. EDIT: It could be that no text is shown in the dialogue box. In this case, try to catch the text line above the PC's head when Minyae's PID dialogue box pops up (this is a bit tedious as it is only displayed for some seconds).
    Look the script up with NI and post the according script block here. jmaeq will then be able to tell you how to shut off the stutter.

(Don't forget to deinstall the tool like a mod when it's no longer needed, so you don't get stuck with the "Running Block x from y.bcs" text output...)
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    @SharGuidesMyHand

Thank you for letting me know and my apologies for your encounters with the described bugs.

I am unable to reproduce the bugs, so I am unsure where to begin. What I could do is provide you with the necessary variables to possibly get around those issues, but it's also possible that doing so would mess more things up.

However, I believe the tool jastey suggested would help immensely in cracking this case. (Thank you!)
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Thanks for all the advice.

Unfortunately, I DON'T have much experience with NearInfinity, and any talk about scripts and variables just flies right over my head.

Having said that, I tried downloading and installing the prior version of the mod (2.1.1), and I no longer seem to be getting that bug. Looking forward to trying out the mod some more! :)
  • Black_SigmaBlack_Sigma Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019
    Hi, I have the same bug
    killing the lich or leaving without killing it

I tried to use Stutter Debug Tool, here is what I sew when she talk to me. I don't really know how to use it but, if it can help you here's what appear for me.
    bdh5huaql4m2.png
    Post edited by Black_Sigma on
    @SharGuidesMyHand @Black_Sigma

I think I may have an idea what the issue may be, but just to confirm, may I ask if either you have EET installed?
    I don't have EET, no.
    My mods are
    - Beaurin Legacy (can you believe it ?)
    - Tashia
    - Saerilteh
    - Sarevok romance
    - Fade
    - Continuous Viconia Appearance
    - Dorn Romance expension
    edited March 2019
    I believe I have pinpointed the issue. I will keep everyone updated as I work through this.

For now, I would suggest downloading and using v2.1.1 for those that do not have EET installed.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I don't have EET, no.

Nor do I.

The issue seems to be related to the "I apologize..." dialogue that's supposed to show up shortly after the lich battle.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

- Tashia

i would really recommend not using this mod unless you are using the big world fix pack. with out the fix pack it causes a very bad game breaking bug at the end of tob.
    @jmaeq Thank you for your quick answer. If I can help you ask me, I'll keep my save. Also don't know if it's important since it seems to be related to EET but I chose to instal Beaurin as an Enchanter only, not Enchanter/Thief

@megamike15 Thank you for the warning, I did it and there was things for Fade and Saerileth too (don't know if it was as important as Tashia)
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I have run into the same issue of getting the constant "What do you want" messages. I even kicked her out of the party and I get a constant do you want me back messages. I needed to leave her area to stop the messages.

No EET for me, just BG2EE.
    edited March 2019
    @Black_Sigma Her class change should not matter. It's no worries to keep your save.

@Necromanx2 @SharGuidesMyHand

The cause of the issue was the change of some code to incorporate compatibility with EET. During the transition, I left out one small, but very important, character (this guy --> !). While I currently have the stutter fixed, it seems that other talks are not triggering as they are supposed to. This is regardless if you have EET installed. For the time being, I would recommend installing v2.1.1 as the major update for v3.0 was EET compatibility. You can find this version here.

I will make a comment at the front to let others know that v2.1.1 should be installed instead.

Thank you all for your patience and reporting this to me, I will be working on this in the hopes of solving this in the next few days.
    edited March 2019
    Ok, thank you
    I suppose I'll have to uninstall the 3.0 before installing the 2.1.1, is it compatible with a save state before the bug but already with Beaurin in party ?
    @Black_Sigma I believe it should be fine, but I would save your current game in an extra save or save a copy of the game. If she happens to have mixed up dialogue when you reload back into the game, select her and hit 'K' on your keyboard.
    edited March 2019
    @jmaeq I'll try this, I hope this is my last thank you :smile:

edit : It worked :smile:
    Post edited by Black_Sigma on
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    I did an EET installation with 3.0 a while ago but didn't get any errors during installation. Will I run into issues once I move to BG2 and do you recommend a re-install?
    @Ulb - I would definitely recommend a re-install. While there was no problems with the installation, it seems that the EET installation was not properly detected and was possibly skipped over. v3.0 also has a stutter bug which makes her continuously talk to the player.

However, I believe that you would not need to restart the game unless you have already reached the City Gates. (Any EET experts please correct me, if I'm wrong.)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Alright, thank you. :)
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, so far I really enjoy this amazing NPC mod.
    Although I have a question: is it safe to temporarily (for a week so I could do Neera's quest line) kick out Edvin from my party without damaging friendship/romace of him and Miniaye?

Also
    Is it ok, that after brief interaction with Lich in Crooked Crane, no other events related to Miniaye search for that ancient tome happened? (I am in day 50 of my run, completed big chunk of quests, but still in chapter 2)
    @Caszidy You should be able to kick him out temporarily without damaging their relationship.
    No other significant event happens until Chapter 6.
    Lastly, thank you for your kind words. :)
    Caszidy
    edited April 2019
    Version updated to v3.2. This version includes:
    • Changed component numbers as of best practice
    • Fixed Unicode characters
    • Fixed typos

Another huge thanks to @ALIEN for this version!
    ALIENCaszidy
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited April 2019
    I find this NPC mod intriguing, but I typically play a chaotic good PC with a mostly good-aligned party. Will she bolt if the party rep gets too high?
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I find this NPC mod intriguing, but I typically play a chaotic good PC with a mostly good-aligned party. Will she bolt if the party rep gets too high?

She won't leave if the party rep gets too high and thank you!
    megamike15
    Hi I am little worried, that Beaurin talks with Edwin somehow stopped. I am in chapter six and day 159 but when I check in EEkeeper the variable of romance talks is number 8 (if I am looking at right variable). Is this ok, or is something wrong? They didn't talk to each other for a really long time.
    @Caszidy I believe there are several talks regarding Edwin and his little mishap with his tome. Therefore, if his transformation has already happened or was almost complete by the time Minyae was recruited, their romance will not proceed.
    Caszidy
    Could you please write me relevant variables so I could check in EEkeeper if I screw it somehow? :'(
    Caszidy wrote: »
    Could you please write me relevant variables so I could check in EEkeeper if I screw it somehow? :'(

If I am understanding correctly, then the variable that needs to be changed is Edwin's gender. I believe ChangeGender("Edwin",FEMALE) should do the trick.
    Caszidy
    Didn't help it :disappointed:
    Something is messed up in my game.
    What variables value should I have in chapter six for Minyae and Edwin romance?
    I checked in EEkeeper and I have at

QI#MIEDWINROMANCESOA value 8
    QI#MIEDWINTIMER value 58637401

is there any other related variable? And what should be the values for variables abovementioned please? :worried:
    Caszidy wrote: »
    Didn't help it :disappointed:
    Something is messed up in my game.
    What variables value should I have in chapter six for Minyae and Edwin romance?
    I checked in EEkeeper and I have at

QI#MIEDWINROMANCESOA value 8
    QI#MIEDWINTIMER value 58637401

is there any other related variable? And what should be the values for variables abovementioned please? :worried:

Hmm...may I ask when you finished Edwin's quest and when you picked up Minyae? If Minyae didn't finish all of her talks before meeting Edwina, there should be two additional variable/timer "QI#MiEdwinFemaleTimer" and QI#MiEdwinFemale. However, this variable won't exist if all the talks happened "normally" before his change. If those are the only two variables you see, that means that their romanced progressed normally. As a last resort, we could try incrementing the variable to see if it initiates the next talk.

And don't fret, we'll figure it out. :)
    Caszidy