Skip to content

Haiass mod for EET

HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
edited December 2019 in BG:EE Mods
I wanted to try out the Haiass mod by Auda / Immortality (http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/777-haiass-el-lobo-v-23/) and updated it for EET. Also added a quick fix for the annoying area transition bug where you and Haiass would get stuck at the same coordinates; not extensively tested but seems to work fine.

The modder has not been active since 2012, as far as I could tell, but let me know if I need to take my version down and I'll do so.

[Edit: see a few posts down for update]
Post edited by Henanigan on

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited December 2019
    Does this include EET with all other games it was compatible before? EDIT: No, I see it's for EE games only.

Your package uses the same version number as the current version, which is not good.
    The way to go would be:
    -try contacting the author(s)
    -post in the original thread
    -make a real update including all supported games as before and new version number
    -contact SHS staff and we can update the SHS download.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    Thanks Jastey! Download removed.
    If you use "MYAREA" for the area variables instead of the explicit area code, you can spare the doubling of the script files. Maybe that also makes it easier to keep the original engine compatibility.
    Thank you for your work on this little mod!
    Thanks again! Yes it sounds like a good idea to update the explicit area codes found in the original version. You're correct that my version was for BGEE, BG2EE, EET. I have no way to test older versions of the game unfortunately. For my fix, I used an action that does not exist in the old engine according to the iesdp (all the iesdp has to say about it is, 'Unknown') and I think the bug is specific to the EE versions anyway. No big deal though. :)
    In that case, leaving the original untouched and maybe adding new stuff for EE might be an idea.
    Just in case: Here is a tutorial how to mod for several different platforms at once: Crossing the Great Divide
    If in doubt, open a thread in the Modding Q&A Section. There are no stupid questions in IE modding, and a lot of helpful people around.
    edited December 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    In that case, leaving the original untouched and maybe adding new stuff for EE might be an idea.
    Thanks, Jastey. All the best!
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited January 2020
    I've removed the link to my Haiass patcher, since updating the mod itself may be more useful.

The mod author indicates here that others have his permission to update the mod.

Updates to my 'interim' version:
    – tp2 file updated for EE support (BGEE / BG2EE / EET)
    – cpmvars added for BG1 areas (some duplicated scripts retained for other reasons, e.g. hai1.baf)
    – for EE: workaround added for area transition bug where protagonist and Haiass may stop responding due to spawning at the same coordinates
    – for all versions: BWFixPack patch incorporated (jugue.baf)
    – language folders rearranged to avoid some clutter (cosmetic)
    – long-standing translation error corrected in English readme ("Valley Mines, next to the house of the pastor" should read "Imnesvale, next to the house of the minister")
    – UTF-8 support added using HANDLE_CHARSETS; also, TRA files updated for EE (usability section; setup / game split)
    – chapter 1 cutscene updated: Haiass now tags along as expected when you leave Candlekeep, but gets distracted by a squirrel in the woods (which saves his life); part continuity fix, part bug fix for area transition from cutscene