Skip to content

Editing Dialog.tlk

I've had pretty good luck editing .cre, .spl, and like files with NI, but editing dialog.tlk with NI seems hit-or-miss. I often get the "error writing dialog.tlk file" message when I try to save. Is there a better utility for editing dialogue?

Comments

• Will_O_WispWill_O_Wisp Member Posts: 55
    honestly, it seems to depend on how high the strref # is. the lower the number, the more likely the edit seems to save successfully.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    What specifically are you looking to edit? Are you just looking to change the name of a creature or spell?
  • Will_O_WispWill_O_Wisp Member Posts: 55
    @elminster I'm using NPCs Enhanced for Everyone and have made Minsc a berserker, so I'm going through the dialogue references to Minsc being a ranger and changing it to "berserker." Sometimes it saves well and sometimes it doesn't.
    elminster
  • John_BarleycornJohn_Barleycorn Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    Think at me, i created all the quotes of Lilarcor for porting it also in BG1, (as i already did in IWD) and THEN i discovered that it seems not possible to edit the dialog.tlk becouse it's read only and it can't be modified. I'm already half-way to delete the game and be done with it.
    Post edited by John_Barleycorn on