Skip to content

Help: BG1NPC Project Shar-Teel Romance Stall

Hello and sorry in advance for how new I am to Infinity Engine modding.

The base issue I'm hoping to get some help with is this: I'm making the first evil playthrough of my many times through the game, and I'm trying to run through the BG1NPC Project's Shar-Teel romance at the same time. But the romance seems to have stalled out--I've spent more than enough time in-game, and hit only the first conversation, with no follow-up.

Most of the party's already hit level 4, so I'd really like not to have to restart altogether; I'm hoping for a console solution. But I only barely figured out how to enable the console, and I still haven't pieced together how to check variables on the new .LUA/Debug Mode version--all the clear instructions I can find are for the old .INI/Enable Cheats setup. (Hence why I'm posting here rather than the Gibberlings3 forums.) So I can't even tell yet if I still have a save in which the scripts were still going like I want. And when that happens, I'm gonna want help deciding whether it's possible/safe to console my way into continuing the romance from there.

Comments

• velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Do you have a reputation below 9 or appropriate stats?

There is a guide to romance: http://www.davelevy.info/Downloads/mBN_RG_SharTeel.html#aj_gn
  • IconoclasticBanterIconoclasticBanter Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    I've read the guide. Rep got as high as 9 once, but never higher (it's back to 5 now--thanks, Doomsayer!). I've got 18/ Str, and a base Cha of 12 with the Ring Of Human Influence on usually. So unless something about magic stat changes confuses the script, I don't see how it can be any of that.

Edit: I can get a lot more info, maybe solve this on my own, if someone can just help me figure out how to check globals with the new EE console.
    Post edited by IconoclasticBanter on