Skip to content

Sync saved game between iPad and android device

Hi,

I have bgee2 installed in my android phone, and I am thinking to get it for my iPad too. I want to know if I can transfer and sync the saved game between the two devices?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2015
    With a pc connection and ifunbox program, I can transfer save files, custom portraits and modded content with my pc and ipad. I think file system is universal and what works in one platform should work in another. (Except for some very rare gui mod components, as guis are the most distinct things in platforms IMHO, all other files are identical)

So you should plug in your phone to pc, transfer your save to desktop. Plugin your ipad to pc, use ifunbox program to transfer your save file to your ipad. Should be problem-free.
  • YokehmanYokehman Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. :)
    Hi,

When i view my file in iFunBox, the application folder is basically empty, I expect some folders and files so that after i have installed BGEE2 i know where the save game is?

first time IOS user here.
  • catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
    Yokehman said:

Hi,

When i view my file in iFunBox, the application folder is basically empty, I expect some folders and files so that after i have installed BGEE2 i know where the save game is?

If you are using IOS 8.3 - unfortunately you will no longer be able to access saved game via iFunBox. This was a new feature of IOS 8.3 - apps like IfunBox no longer allow you to access subfolders. IF you have a restore version with IOS prior to 8.3 - you will have to revert to this version to access saved games.
    Hi thanks, that's very unfortunate, hope they can change that one.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    catch6229 said:

Yokehman said:

Hi,

If you are using IOS 8.3 - unfortunately you will no longer be able to access saved game via iFunBox. This was a new feature of IOS 8.3 - apps like IfunBox no longer allow you to access subfolders. IF you have a restore version with IOS prior to 8.3 - you will have to revert to this version to access saved games.
    Oh my! That is terrible! I am glad I have an ancient ipad2 that has stopped updating ios a long, long time ago.

• EndlesswaveEndlesswave Member Posts: 28
    My ipad 2 works when I transferred my original saved games from my PC (from when I was using the original CDROMs....) did it via Email. No problems there.

But now I'm trying to use the games from my ipad and somehow get them into my tablet (amazon fire 8) using the android version of the game. Don't think there's a way without transferring back onto my PC then back into the tablet. Hmmmmmz.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Endlesswave, just attempted an an answer for this in the other discussion. Hope it works for you.

Gus