Skip to content

Game Data Editing Tutorial (Hex Style) - Android Friendly

Comments

• TrasdTrasd Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2016

@Trasd i read your work for 2 days and im beginng to understand it and i also like it very much, but i cant find saved data on my android . Is root nessessary to find these files .....please

No, you do not have to be rooted, you only need to find your system's data path. On my ASUS, it's:

/sdcard/Android/data/

so my Baldur's Gate save files are located here:

/sdcard/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save

but, it can vary from system to system.
    angryjellyfish
  • angryjellyfishangryjellyfish Member Posts: 9
    thank you so much :) ill try to figure out the path
    i think i should get baldurs gate for practice
    edited May 2016
    @Trasd i searched /sdcard/android/data/files and then i get nothing just empty folder :'(
    Post edited by angryjellyfish on
    edited July 2016

@Trasd i searched /sdcard/android/data/com.frogmind.badland/files and then i get nothing just empty folder :'(

Read all my posts before asking questions. It is obvious you did not.

As I emphatically stated twice before, I will not help anyone hack games, there are plenty of game hacking sites available. Again, I will repeat my post, for those that cannot be bothered to read all of them:

Please, don't anyone mistake this tutorial for a general hacking how-to! As I stated, I wrote it to help Beamdog EE Android customers close the gap with some of the advantages that folks using other OSs enjoy.

This is a Beamdog forum for their games. I will not discuss the specifics of other games here (within this context) nor will I help anyone edit (hack) those games. Please keep any questions about this tutorial within the scope of the subjects actually covered in the tutorial.

Thanks and good luck in your pursuits.
    Post edited by Trasd on
    angryjellyfishlolien
    edited May 2016
    @Trasd o:)o:) im so sorry i didnt thought it that way.. i was just trying to give example on empty folders
    edited May 2016
    @Trasd thank you very much for all your help :) i agree that something like that must not be asked..
    one question.. How do you change profile picture

@Trasd thank you very much for all your help :) i agree that something like that must not be asked..

No problem. I'm glad you cleared it all up via PM and, I'm glad I could help.

Sorry about the diatribe, but a lot of people ask me to hack something for them when that's not the purpose of the tutorial at all.

I'm glad you have an interest and I hope those Assembly books I pointed you to help get you started.

Good luck.
    its okay
  • JhakirJhakir Member Posts: 1
    To shed some further light onto modifying weapon proficiency stats:

0xe9 does indeed denote a weapon proficiency. And as was previously stated, 12 bits beyond that is your value for the number of pips.

4 bits beyond the value bit, you will see a value corresponding to the weapon proficiency found in stats.ids

I still haven't found out how to add new proficiencies in, but at least you can now swap proficiencies around as needed.
    TrasdJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2017
    Jhakir said:

I still haven't found out how to add new proficiencies in, but at least you can now swap proficiencies around as needed.

From what I can tell, a new data structure is inserted for each proficiency choosen. That's why I recommend adding one as a template, then changing it after (instead of trying to manually insert a proficiency data structure yourself).

Now, though, I use a custom WEAPPROF.2DA file. It works in most cases. The only one I couldn't find was for IWD, until I stumbled across the one @Grammarsalad posted here.

A custom weapon proficiency file was pretty easy to find for BG I and II. You can tell if they'll work or not by looking at the proficiency UI. If it has dialog text mixed in, you'll need to obtain a different WEAPPROF file for the particular game you are running.
    Post edited by Trasd on
    JuliusBorisov
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Trasd said:

Jhakir said:

From what I can tell, a new data structure is inserted for each proficiency choosen. That's why I recommend adding one as a template, then changing it after (instead of trying to manually insert a proficiency data structure yourself).

Now, though, I use a custom WEAPPROF.2DA file. It works in most cases. The only one I couldn't find was for IWD, until I stumbled across the one @Grammarsalad posted here.

A custom weapon proficiency file was pretty easy to find for BG I and II. You can tell if they'll work or not by looking at the proficiency UI. If it has dialog text mixed in, you'll need to obtain a different WEAPPROF file for the particular game you are running.
    Oh yeah, i remember that. I don't know much about Android, but I'm happy to help with this if i can. Is the issue resolved?
    @Grammarsalad - there was no real issue, though I used to change proficiencies manually in the data, until I found your IWD WEAPPROF.2DA file (I don't own a non-Android version to extract the proper file).

So, you saved me a lot of time and aggravation! It was the only weapons proficiency file I was missing (I think it is slightly different than BG files as they don't seem to work with IWD).

As I explained how to manually change proficiencies somewhere in my tutorial (I think), I thought this would be a good opportunity to point out that there is an easier way.

Thanks!
    Grammarsalad
  • EisendracheEisendrache Member Posts: 1
    I Might Sound Unsmart But What's The Hexadecimal of 6,5,4 and 3?I'm Planning To Hack Something

I Might Sound Unsmart But What's The Hexadecimal of 6,5,4 and 3?I'm Planning To Hack Something

Checkout one of the free online hexadecimal calculators, like: http://www.calculator.net/hex-calculator.html
  • beren9beren9 Member Posts: 2
    If you can't count from 1 to 100 in hexadecimal (without using a calculator) I highly recommend staying away from hexadecimal editing until you do. I've done plenty of System370 assembler and I'm saying it can get a bit hairy to a novice, such as going from 65 to 100 ( as in boosting my thief's pick lock ability). First, convert 65 to hex. 65 decimal = 41 hex. Now, figure out what you want it to be. 100 decimal = 64 hex. That's the easy part. Now, in a hex editor, find the address that holds 41 hex in the baldur.gam file. By the way, 41 hex is also an ASCII 'A'. Good hunting!
  • JANT19294JANT19294 Member Posts: 6
    File format on gibberlings is dead. Info anywhere else?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @JANT19294, it has just moved locations, have a look at IESDP File Formats instead.

Gus
    @Gusinda @JANT19294

Thank you, the link has been change to reflect the new address.
    Gusinda
  • damuridamuri Member Posts: 2
    Class address is 53 spots after Charisma as the screenshots show.
    Class codes are:

Mage(M)=01
    Fighter(F)=02
    Cleric(C)=03
    Thief(T)=04
    Bard(B)=05
    Paladin=06
    F/M=07
    F/C=08
    F/T=09
    F/M/T=0a
    Druid(D)=0b
    Ranger(R)=0c
    M/T=0d
    C/M=0e
    C/T=0f
    F/D=10
    F/M/C=11
    C/R=12
    Sorcerer=13
    Monk=14
    Shaman=15
    [empty]=16+

Kits are at a different coordinate. Not sure where.
    Gusinda
    @damuri Nice find.

Thanks for sharing this information!
    Gusinda
  • veskoamdroidveskoamdroid Member Posts: 3
    Hey Trasd(or anybody who brained this stuff out) , ive been trying to edit savegame on amdroid for bg2ee but the last number in hex code is always different from what i have from characters stats, namely charisma hexadec number in hex editor is NEVER present.

What am i doing wrong?

I wrote char stats in order and calced them, found the right savegame... ? But the last digit of the stats valu im looking for is never the same. Example of Imoen
    s9 sb/ i17 w11 d18 co16 cha16 = 911b121010
    Or Minsc
    s18 sb93 i8 w6 d16 co16 cha9 =125d8610109
    Last digit of hexa number never matches.

edited March 2020
    @veskoamdroid

You are missing the 0s in front of the single values (8 and 6, for example, should be 06 and 08)! Hex bytes are always double digits - leading 0.

You should be looking for (Minsc): 125d0806101009
    veskoamdroid
    God bless you. It works now, i also undersood how to change stats when someone has strength bonus. And class change works, changed minsc from R to RC and FMT. But what do i put in when they dont have strength bonus, 00? Or smtn else?

And has anyone figured where are kits and which ones?

Was torturing myself whether to get into whole android modds via pc, but if i can just have kitted multiclasses that would be sufficient. ?
    Trasd
    Ok so i understood the method of changing weapon Proficiencies. As described, after finding your character that you want to change pips to, look after the first pile of Fs (ff ff ff ff.....) for 09 in hex pillar and 12 places after that is the pip number of one of your proficiencies.

Namely they are sequenced in the order you chose them at char creation screen, not in the order you see them in record screen ingame.

Just write down their choosing order when picking proficiencies. JUST below those are another 09, followed by 64 after 12 places.

Next weapon proficiency is after double ff line, this pattern repeats, so its easy to find and change.

Dunno why its not 0x09,as written by one of members, hope others can find it and change as i did.

Now my q is when changing fighter kit to multiclass the HP goes over what i should have. Im guessing the code messes smtn. Is there a way to bring levels after multiclassing to 1/1 or 1/1/1 so that HP(hit points) would be as they should? As it is, instead of 90hp for my kitted berk or kensai FMT, i get 117,with 19/20 Con dont remember exactly.

It also seems that weapon proficiencies get messed up after changing multiclasses also spells dont always get processed well. Changed Jaheira to Fighter Cleric, her spells stayed druidic, she couldnt use scimitar anymore. Changed her back, but weapons stayed unchanged, had to play her like that since i noticed later only. No biggie, but just a caution to everyone. Same for Minsc with Ranger Cleric change.
    Any way to change money and appearance? To choose ie half orc for stats but keep human appearance.

I can post screenshots if someone can tell me how to do it here?
  • FenrirWolfgangerFenrirWolfganger Member Posts: 31
    Brain, brain trying to escape ears, poor brain. All I wanted was a simple way of either adjusting party rep or a character's alignment to keep my party together. Thanks to you, your links and my abused brain I now can. Thank you very much for posting all of this. But ? sore ?
    @FenrirWolfganger Give it time, it always hurts the first time! After awhile, you'll begin to enjoy it...
    FenrirWolfganger
    @Trasd You have given Great Power, and as Boo knows With Great Power comes Grrreeeaaaaat Irresponsibility. Time for Viconia to go berserk on enemies while Minsc and Boo sing a duet to keep morale up.
    edited May 2021
    @Trasd Weapon proficiency. I thought the other parts were hard to edit, but this one is ripping my brain apart. Real shame that the documentation you linked to is outdated regarding this. Thanks again though.