Skip to content

Enhanced Editions Beamdog Stand Alone Installer

GaltharielGalthariel Member Posts: 9
For all the Beamdog games Enhanced Editions with exception of the new PSTEE I have the stand-alone installer which use to be available for download in my Account/ Games. I couldn’t find this option now on any of my games. Did Beamdog eliminate that option and we are now forced to use the client?

Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition does not have an individual launcher and so must be downloaded through the Beamdog Client or other downloader (GoG or Steam.) However, if you do prefer to not use the Client then once you have downloaded the game you are free to run the executable directly instead of playing through the Beamdog Client.

https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_faq#04
  • GaltharielGalthariel Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Julius.

Got it and understand about PSTEE. That rule also now applies for all the other games because I couldn't find the stand alone installer for the others games as well. Not a problem since I have all already but just curious.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • GaltharielGalthariel Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Julius :-)
    JuliusBorisovrede9
  • TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    hi have these been taken down? all links 404 now.

thanks
  • TingelTingel Member Posts: 4
    You can download the old launchers from this site: https://store.beamdog.com/about/client_legacy
    Tazok wrote: »
    hi have these been taken down? all links 404 now.

thanks

We updated the site 1 year ago, all the info about the Client is available here: https://store.beamdog.com/about/client_faq - it has links to the old launchers @Tingel mentions.
  • IluvatarIluvatar Member Posts: 30
    The links to the standalone installers are dead, unfortunately. Does anyone know of any other way to install BGEE without having to install that pointless Beamdog software? I mailed Beamdog twice about it but they never responded. Is the company dead?
    Hi! Old installers are no longer supported. You need the Beamdog Client to install the games, you can delete the app after the games are installed.

FYI: Our support site is https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals , we moved on from the system where you emailed us.
    Well that sucks. Why are normal installations no longer supported? Also; I used that mailing form and never got an answer so it either doesn't work or Beamdog doesn't care.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2021
    FWIW Gog still has individual installers. Just takes a little searching. You don't have to use galaxy. Personally I like the BD client (except when steam gets updates before BD's own client). It's small and easily manageable.

TR
    What exactly does that mean? I bought the game from Beamdog many years ago at release date, can I use those Gog things to install the game without installing any client? I just don't want the pointless clutter on my system.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Only if you buy the game from GOG. Once bought you would then go to the list of programs you own on GOG. Hover your mouse pointer over the game you want to download and a small down-chevron/arrow will appear. Click on that and select view downloads from the menu that appears. This opens a new dialogue. Beneath where it says "install game with GOG galaxy" there will be another section marked "Download offline backup game installers. If that is closed, open it up. You will now be presented with a list of links to download both installation files and any patches for previous versions of the game. You won't need any the patches if this is the first time you've downloaded the game.

TR
    So I'd basically have to pay again to get rid of the Beamdog nonsense software. Ridiculous.