Skip to content

My DD sorceror's spell trigger and spell sequencer icons disappeared

ReedleReedle Member Posts: 13
I have a Dragon Disciple sorceror . I play on an android tablet. My party is just about to take on Draconis in Tower of Bhaal after handily defeating Sendai (no spell sequencers/triggers needed). I tried Draconis already but when I went to use my spell sequencer of Breach and MR on him, the icons in special ability were gone. I looked at contingency and apparently both my spell trigger and spell contingency are active. They just don't have icons I can press.

I suspect something happened when SoA ended and Throne of Baal began as I had the sequencer and trigger active then ( they worked in SoA).

As a sorceror I can't remove the spell and rememorize it (I don't think?). Anyone else have this problem and could you fix it?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    If you upload your save file someone can probably fix it for you.
  • ReedleReedle Member Posts: 13
    I kept playing and the transition was not likely the problem because now Imoen is having a similar issue with chain contingency. Not spell trigger or sequencer though, which are the problems for my sorceror. Sigh. I'll be at the final battle soon but unlike my previous two games, I will not have traps because I took Imoen instead of Jan. I was hoping to fully take advantage of sequencers etc but now that option is lost too.

Thanks for the tip but I have no idea how to upload from my tablet if that's even possible. Nor can I use the programs I see mentioned on here all the time. I was rather hoping this was a known glitch and someone could direct me to a downloadable patch! Or tell me what I was doing wrong. Thanks again anyway.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2020
    This is a very common bug with the Enhanced Edition (never once saw it happen with the classic version), one of several serious bugs that needed to be fixed a long time ago. It happens on nearly every transition from SoA to ToB for me but there are other occasions where this problem pops up.

If you have familiarity with NI the fix isn't difficult; you need to assign the appropriate trigger/sequencer innate abilities (NOT THE ACTUAL SPELL) to your sorcerer's and Imoen's cre files in the savegame.

Or better yet, BD really needs to get a patch out.
    I had to laugh - I once was tech savvy compared to most but that's 20 years ago. No idea what you mean and too intimidated to find out. Finished the Mellisan finale with only a couple of reloads sans traps and sans sequencers (but not sans Wish) so I guess they aren't strictly needed but my party this time around was really powerful. This glitch for a weak party could mean the difference between finishing or not finishing a game a person has invested weeks into. A patch is long overdue, I agree. Thank you for your advice; I hope it worked for you. I did contact the Service Desk about the problem and am awaiting their reply. Even if no patch is available, the more people who report it, the more likely they might provide one!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    In these cases, you can use CTRL + R (after you enable the console) to remove all buffs from the character, this will also remove all active sequencers and contingencies.

This bug is one of those elusive vanilla bugs - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1087447/#Comment_1087447
    As I said, I play on an android tablet. Does any of this work for that? What, btw, does enable the console mean? I followed that link anyway and I'd be scared to change codes and script without knowing what I'm doing.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Reedle wrote: »
    As I said, I play on an android tablet. Does any of this work for that? What, btw, does enable the console mean? I followed that link anyway and I'd be scared to change codes and script without knowing what I'm doing.

I see. There are ways to workaround the issue on Android https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64524/mod-reveal-hidden-gameplay-options-for-all-ee-games-patched-to-v2-0-or-higher and https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73108/mod-cluaconsole-cheats-without-keyboard-any-device ) but you can always zip and attach a save when it happens - we'll open the save and fix it for you.

Enabling the console just gives you ways to fix bugs and tweak different things (for example, enabling Ctrl+R to fully restore/heal party members which would have worked in this situation), it doesn't change anything on its own.