Skip to content

[Spoiler: BGII] Blocking Timestop

2»

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    i don't know but is breach in vanilla useless vs liches or just random?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2013
    @Kaltzor Time Stop doesn't actually stop time, it speeds the caster up so fast that time appears to have stopped to them while encasing them in a field that prevents the friction of moving so fast from vaporizing them, so there is no immunity to it. However some extremely powerful beings have tricks that allow them to match it by drawing energy off of the spell (or in Balthazar's case, having to rest for a few rounds before using it again).
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    zur312 said:

i don't know but is breach in vanilla useless vs liches or just random?

They actually use Spell Immunity:Abjuration to make themselves immune to removal of protections.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    spell immunity:abjuration works only for spells like dispell magic

it doesn't stop breaches (tested)

for breaches you need spell shield etc.
  • muswellbrookmuswellbrook Member Posts: 12
    that lich in the crooked cane seems to be immune to false dawn. Is that a bug or are the protections he can cast to render himself immune?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2015
    It is vastly different in vanilla and between scs mod.

In vanilla:
    Breach does not affect liches (and rakshasas)
    Spell immunity:abjuration does not affect breach, or other spell removals like pierce magic etc.
    You can not target someone who has improved invisibility, with breach
    You can not target someone who has improved invisibility, with spell removals like secret word, pierce magic, etc.

In scs:
    Breach affects liches. (and rakshasas)
    Spell immunity:abjuration stops breach and other spell removals cold. Only ruby ray (being alteration) dispels it.
    You can not target someone who has improved invisibility, with breach
    You CAN target someone who has improved invisibility, with spell removals like secret word, pierce magic, etc.

In either case, dispel/remove magic always affects liches/rakshasas and is always stopped by spell immunity:abjuration.
  • ZerguuZerguu Member Posts: 37

Right, in BG2 there's a...

Lich hidden in a sarcophagus in the Crooked Crane Inn. EVERY TIME my party go to kill the thing casts timestop before they even get a shot off, which leaves them (us) screwed

What am I doing wrong? How do I block it from casting?
    Easy-cheesy way:
    Send 1 character inside. As soon as lich will start to cast spells leave sarcophagus. Repeat several times until lich will stop casting and attack your character directly. Leave sarcophagus. Rest, buff and storm. Lich will be without defenses and easily kill
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2016
    It is simple! Create a custom item with opcode 310: Immunity to Timestop and then mod it into your game and then obtain the item and then return to laugh at the lich with it!

...Too much effort?

:trollface:
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Tyranus said:

That Lich is there to reward explorers, while punishing low level parties. The weapon you get as a reward for the kill is perfect at the stage you come back to the main city and are considerably higher level.

The problem with this explaination is that the sword you can obtain is far more useful, almost vital, to low level parties, right from the start of any quests you do.

Higher level parties have numerous ways to deal with undead who level drain. It's low level parties that get level drained constantly if you can't kill vampires/shades ect. en masse quickly enough. And you meet vampires ect. early in game.

It's a shame because actually having a good fight with a lich at high levels is entertaining, but because of the sword, that lich fight is kind of wasted because I think most people want the sword early.
  • Mephisto66Mephisto66 Member Posts: 11
    dont remember exactly but try to obtain daystar the longsword. It is the best weapon against any undead. I mean any including demiliches with a great damage compared to all others. Also It has lvl7 sunray ability which may one strike(cast) kill any lich. That sword should be in there or another in a similar secret lich room. So send a hided in shadow thief, disarm trap, unlock chest and obtain that sword. also while u have ur thief there, give him the sword, cast the sunray and bam... it is dead.
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    Dang, that's some nasty thread necromancy here to answer the OP's question from 2012 :smiley:

Although I guess since we're talking liches, necromancy is okay