Skip to content

Bg2 2.6 patch

Do we have any info on release date?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    So there we have only info that they are working in it? nothing more specific...
    RAM021
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Can we hope for a return to better textures in the 2.6 update?
    AndreaColomboRAM021
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    You mean better scaling?

Doubtful, unfortunately.
    I just hope they will release it some time before Baldur's Gate 3. I want to finish BG2 + ToB before.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    There are complete translations on BG1+BG2 on consoles that do not exist on pc. We want these translations on pc, we want the patch 2.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

French community
    jasteyAdam_en_tium
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    edited February 2020
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Can we hope for a return to better textures in the 2.6 update?

Game looks damned good in 3440x1440, use nearest neighbor and turn off the blurring crap and outlines.
    where is blur option?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    majber wrote: »
    I just hope they will release it some time before Baldur's Gate 3. I want to finish BG2 + ToB before.

Why? BG3 is going to ignore almost everything from them.
    megamike15BelgarathMTH
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    bg 3 is baldurs gate in name only. it has nothing to do with 1 and 2.

i personally want nwn ee updated before 2.6 as the latest patch broke things.
    BelgarathMTHThacoBell
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Nah, I bet there’s tons of lore that bg3 will touch on from the originals games. Fun to be able to reference that stuff.
    tedmann12 wrote: »

Nah, I bet there’s tons of lore that bg3 will touch on from the originals games. Fun to be able to reference that stuff.

You poor thing. There's gonna be tons of references to P&P modules, and even the novel. But Larian has made it pretty clear that the games won't really be represented.
    megamike15Aerakar
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I don't think there's much point drawing lines between bg2 and bg3.. chances are Abdel will just be a sidenote in bg3 at most.

Why any of the games are called Baldur's Gate at all is beyond me.. especially BG2 which doesn't even have a cutscene from BG.

And BG1.. well, the game is almost done once you get to BG.. and while there's a political plot, it's justa meta plot for the actual main story..

I am quite confident that BG3 is just another recognizable title slapped on a product that has absolutely no relevance to it's predecessors.

back to topic though.. Can we have 2.6 now please? :D
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Larian have contracted Philip Athans to continue his fine work from the BG1 and BG2 novels. He will complete the character bios and some of the core plot line of BG3.
    Athans is widely loved and deeply respected by the BG community for his intelligent handling of source material. The games were good, but the novels took it to a whole other level.
    Athans may also have a hand in the 2.6 patch for play testing and quality control. With his attention to detail we will be in for a rare treat I’m sure.
    ThacoBellBalrog99spacejawsTimbo0o0o0
    what bizarro universe did i just walk into? no one likes the novels so this better be sarcasm.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellDanacmmonico
    edited February 2020
    I've been convinced for several years now that we live in the timeline where everything went wrong.

*edit* Woo! 10,000 posts!

StummvonBordwehrBalrog99monicospacejaws
    megamike15 wrote: »
    what bizarro universe did i just walk into? no one likes the novels so this better be sarcasm.

I'm with you on this one.. those novels are absolutely not better than the games.. or even good for that matter.
    ThacoBell
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited February 2020
    Khyron wrote: »
    megamike15 wrote: »

I'm with you on this one.. those novels are absolutely not better than the games.. or even good for that matter.

The worst part is I actually bought both novels at the same time thinking, "Wow novels about my favorite game! These have to be good.". Needless to say, the publishing company made twice as much money off of me than they should have. I don't even think I opened the second book...
    ThacoBell
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I complained and wrote sarcastic posts many times, sorry guys. I take full responsibility for the delay
    AedanmonicoThacoBelljastey
    Considering 2.6 is going to be the last 'official' patch, I hope the delay means they're making sure it's complete and comprehensive. I haven't done any modding since the EE's came out. I'm looking forward to starting again once there's a stable 'base'. To Beamdog - take your time but get it right!
    Well in that case Subtledoctor.. does it work the other way around too? If we ask for it to come later, it comes quicker?

.... *squints eyes*... somehow that reminds me of my girlfriend..
    iosfrustration
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Considering 2.6 is going to be the last 'official' patch, I hope the delay means they're making sure it's complete and comprehensive. I haven't done any modding since the EE's came out. I'm looking forward to starting again once there's a stable 'base'. To Beamdog - take your time but get it right!

we are not really sure if 2.6 is the last patch it's just an assumption due to beam dog wanting to do more original stuff then enhanced editions.
    Balrog99ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ludwig_II
    meh. as long as 2.6 is stable enough modders will fix what is still broken.

StummvonBordwehr
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    We just need to wait for BGEEEE in 20 years.
    Balrog99monico
    xizor wrote: »
    We just need to wait for BGEEEE in 20 years.

The worst (best?) part of this statement is that I'll probably still be playing BG 20 years from now when I'm 73!
    StummvonBordwehrmonico
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    tedmann12 wrote: »

You poor thing. There's gonna be tons of references to P&P modules, and even the novel. But Larian has made it pretty clear that the games won't really be represented.

@ThacoBell As someone who doesn't have any knowledge of DnD outside of the BG games, I find it hard to believe that nothing from my playthroughs of BG1 and BG2 will be represented. Even if it is just names, or areas of the world etc.

This is why I am replaying all the games before BG3 comes out because I guarantee they will reference things that I am familiar and I want to refresh my memory.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    As the game largely takes place in Baldur's Gate, it would be strange if none of the city's locations were included. There will most likely be lots of "Easter egg" BG1/BG2 references in the same vein as DOS2's "Easter egg" DOS1 references, though none of them will be needed to understand BG3's story.

We also know that based on BG3's timeframe, just about all the demihumans from BG1/BG2 would have survived into BG3 and hence could appear as NPCs in the game. It's even rumored that Minsc will be one of the game's "origin" characters, perhaps kept alive by a heretofore unmentioned hamster ability, though we have no confirmation of that (or really anything else) from Larian at this time.