Skip to content

Switch game - Maps & quests reset after Durlag's tower

Hi,

Just killed the Doom knight in Durlag's tower!

I get out and...most destinations are unreachable...I make my way to friendly arm's in and...the first initial ambush happens again. I'm in chapter 5 but the city of Baldur's gate is unreachable...

Uh....what can I possibly do to fix this...?

I just checked all my saves...switch only has 5 slots...I have one before I did shandalar's ulgoths beard/ Durlags...and then I have 4 in Durlags...all of which when I leave the tower and go to the map, all destinations are unreachable...

so...Is there any way to fix this? I'm so bummed right now. I don't think I have it in me to keep playing if this is broken.

The switch only has 5 saves 4 of which I used in Durlag's tower, all of which seem to be bugged when I leave the tower and go to the map. The durlag tower area doesn't seem to be reset (Ie; I still can see my explored places)....but I tried to go to make my way ulgoth's beard and shandalar teleported me away...(already did the isle quest...) The gate to BG isn't open...The Nashkel mayor wants me to investigate the mines...

I'm crushed. My last save is about 80 in game days early. I basically will quit this game if I can't get this fixed....Is there ANY way of fixing this?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello! I'm afraid a save from Switch can't be fixed. We would really appreciate a report at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that the problem could get tracked.
  • VlakmirVlakmir Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    I sent it in....
    Wow...I can't believe it. Even if I had a console access I could just change the chapter or something but....

You're basically saying I have to take a game I've spent 40+ hours on and completely restart.

I can't believe the switch only has 5 saves, and your game is bugged enough to the point where someone wouldn't even notice it for hours and hours of play while doing something like Durlag's tower....

Feel completely ripped off. I'll never finish this game now and not bother with another product.

Warning to those looking to buy BG enhanced.

The game has game-breaking bugs that will destroy your saves.