Skip to content

[MOD] -Will to Power- a 2E-inspired psionics system for the Infinity Engine

12346»

Comments

• EbonslayerEbonslayer Member Posts: 10
    Arthas wrote: »
    Subtledoctor, please don't forget this mod.

By the way, any chance you could also bundle Kwiat's version within it?

A bit late, but Psionics Unleashed doesn't even work for EE.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Arthas, as @Ebonslayer said above., Psionics Unleashed doesn't work for EE.

The comments within the mod files are also not written in English (I don't know enough about European languages to tell you which one they are written in), so adapting in for EE would be difficult.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    I don't know enough about European languages to tell you which one they are written in

sounds like Polish.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @subtledoctor Greetings! This sounds like a wonderful mod, but I run EET and want to ensure it's EET compatible before using it.

Thankee!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    I was actually about to ask if you are still working on this mod. Glad to see it updated.
  • EbonslayerEbonslayer Member Posts: 10
    Something happened to SubtleDoctor, I think, so I'll drop the current link (and readme) to this mod right here:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Will_to_Power

Note: the readme seems a little outdated. It says you get 15 power points at the start and 5 every level after, but I started with 20 and get 6 every level. Additionally, it doesn't list one of the kits: the Cerebremancer, which is a mage/psion.

Figure I might as well give my thoughts on the mod as well. So far, it seems great. It has a nice mix of power, support, and CC, and has a wider variety of abilities than a mage early on, without the burden of memorization, as well as being able to use their powers a lot more. Their powers are also very strong, though I have the feeling they won't scale well into endgame (compared to other casters, that is).

It is, however, a little wonky sometimes, but no gamebreaking glitches as far as I can tell. That being said, you can't start from SoD, SoA, or ToB with one of the kits, though, as you won't get the psionic abilities you would normally acquire past level 1, so it does require a fresh character from BG1. Additionally, some of the powers are a little misleading: some of them say it takes a certain amount of power points to sustain them, and list no duration, which may lead you to believe they have infinite duration, but that's incorrect, as they will deactivate themselves after a while and give you back half of the point cost. It's probably a balancing mechanic, as otherwise you could have permanent 75% resistance to all elements, complete resistance to some of the most dangerous status effects in the game, regenerating stoneskin, and nigh invincibility to any physical attacks as well, but it'd still be nice if the description indicated that.