Skip to content

32 bit OS Support?

HawkshadowHawkshadow Member Posts: 5
edited October 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hi,

Just wondering if Baldur's Gate: EE has a cut-off for OS versions? I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit OS on this:

AMD FX-4100 cpu
Asus GT520 1gb gpu
Corsair 2x1gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz
X-Fi Xtremegamer Fatal1ty Pro

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It will work. It was originally made for windows 95 and is having its code updated to work with no problems in all modern OSs.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    Yep those specs will get you through fine.
  • HawkshadowHawkshadow Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, wasnt sure if pre Win 7 was supported.
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    Vista and 7 are very similar, kind of like Windows 95, 98 and ME were very compatible among each other and how Win2K and XP were somewhat compatible too. I've heard the new Windows family being called Vista/7, similar to Win 9x.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2012
    Windows Vista and 7 use a variation of the Windows 2000 kernel. I don't know about 8 as I didn't look into it, but it's probably one more interaction of that kernel.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    All currently supported Windows versions minus Windows 8 (at the moment) are what we also support - that is to say, Windows XP, Vista, and 7.

The game will be fine on both a 32-bit install and a 64-bit install - currently I'm testing on Windows 7 x64.

Cheers!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    Nathan said:

All currently supported Windows versions minus Windows 8 (at the moment) are what we also support - that is to say, Windows XP, Vista, and 7.

The game will be fine on both a 32-bit install and a 64-bit install - currently I'm testing on Windows 7 x64.

Cheers!

We know that Windows 8 RT (ARM) does not support OpenGL, but the standard Windows 8 x86 and x86_64 we run on desktop computers and laptops should be able to run OpenGL just fine. What am I missing?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I Don't think win98 or 95 will work. But WinXP works.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited October 2012
    @bigdogchris There's no reason it shouldn't work, it's just not what we've developed on. In terms of support for it, per se, we can't really offer any at the moment.