Skip to content

Switch Verison (latest update) Trouble with Jaheira Romance.

Hello everyone,

Im currently struggling with the Jaheira Romance at the moment and the last time the Lovetalk happened was about her armor and such. I have restarted the game three times to try and get the romance to work out since she is my favorite female character in all DnD. I was hoping someone could help walk me through what needs to be done to finish the romance before i start the expansion. I have done all the quests i can find and running out of things to prolong the journey before i fight the main baddy in the elven Palace.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this and replying.

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    now i don't remember exactly when the armor lovetalk happens, but i am sure that at some point you have to sleep in the wilderness, and not in a tavern, to have a certain encounter happen.
    did you do it? if not go in some forest area and sleep.

i hope it helps.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    hehehe, i did try to advice without spoiling, but maybe it was written in the stars that a spoiler had to happen...
    anyway it is a minor one, no problem at all ;):)
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    Jrodranger wrote: »
    I have restarted the game three times to try and get the romance to work out since she is my favorite female character in all DnD.

Forgive him, @Aerie , for he knows not what he says.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited February 2020
    There's also a talk or two that only happens after a map transition when enough time has passed. Oh, and the big finale to the romance has a REAL TIME timer. Jaheira's a complicated gal.

*edit* OH OH. Did you buy the locket from the merchant in the docks district?
  • JrodrangerJrodranger Member Posts: 3
    Yes i have bought the Locket and done the harper side quest, also have been hit with the bandits so i guess im on the real world timer. Guess i better go finish up cleaning up all the maps before i get to the big baddy
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Romance-related quests (spawns) wouldn't take place in chapters 4, 5 and 7. This means that if you haven’t finished it in chapter 6, romance with Jaheira will never get to its proper ending.
  • JrodrangerJrodranger Member Posts: 3
    Looks like i will have to restart once again, thank you everyone for the aid. I remember playing these games as a kid on pc but there has been so many changes.
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    monico wrote: »
    I have restarted the game three times to try and get the romance to work out since she is my favorite female character in all DnD.

I am literally shaking right now. Romancing that woman beast is an abomination.

Here are all the nice people one could romance:

Myself
    Dorn
    Viconia
    Neera
    Hexxat

And you're telling me someone has actually chosen to romance that undesirable, tree hugger? This is truly a vile thing.
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    I recall there are at least 3 encounters in the wilderness, 2 of which require combat. There is also a guide on the Sorcerer's Place site that lists every single love talk which could be helpful to figure out if you missed anything.
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    Aerie wrote: »
    monico wrote: »

I am literally shaking right now. Romancing that woman beast is an abomination.

Here are all the nice people one could romance:

Myself
    Dorn
    Viconia
    Neera
    Hexxat

And you're telling me someone has actually chosen to romance that undesirable, tree hugger? This is truly a vile thing.

Lol! But Hexxat will only romance women. Now if they had written the script where Hexxat would romance a female companion (similar to Haedalis romancing Aeria), but instead of a dual, the romance let's you join in, that would've been the best romance.