Skip to content

[mod] (3.5 Edition) Weapon Style Rebalance

2»

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Reddbane said:

The third (optional) component, Quarterstaves Cannot Backstab, patches all the Quarterstaves in the game so that they no longer allow backstabs. This is for balance purposes, to eliminate the problem from the base game where Quarterstaves were illogically the best weapons for backstabbing. (How does one ‘backstab’ someone with a blunt stick?) Again, this will account for any new Staves added by mods.

But shouldn't you be able to backstab with the Staff Spear? :)
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222

Reddbane said:

The third (optional) component, Quarterstaves Cannot Backstab, patches all the Quarterstaves in the game so that they no longer allow backstabs. This is for balance purposes, to eliminate the problem from the base game where Quarterstaves were illogically the best weapons for backstabbing. (How does one ‘backstab’ someone with a blunt stick?) Again, this will account for any new Staves added by mods.

But shouldn't you be able to backstab with the Staff Spear? :)
    Well you can't backstab with a regular spear in game, so no. It's more about balance than anything else, given two-handed style bonuses.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited October 2018
    Reddbane said:

If they can't see you, why wouldn't you take the time to crack them over the head with a big stick?
    AMP1972 said:

Hm... I remember my rogues going with shield proficiency + improved shield-bash in D&D 3.5, as it actually gave more benefit than two-weapon-fighting. But the important thing: Thanks for making your MOD available. Dunno, if I get it running on Android, as it seems the only BG - SoD stand-alone.

My mod works with BGEE, SOD, BG2EE, and IWDEE. If you're talking about which EE game were made Android compatible, I guess you'd have to check beamdog's website.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited June 2019
    This mod looks awesome, I don't know why I haven't seen it before. Will use it from now on. Thanks Reddbane
  • CyberfanCyberfan Member Posts: 10
    Hello, a few questions:

1) Does this mod works with BG EE 2.5.17?

2) Do I need to start new game for it to work correctly?

3) Are there any bugs at the moment I should be aware of?

Thanks to anyone who answers this :)
    @Cyberfan
    Yes it still works. There are no bugs that I'm aware of. And, technically you can install it and use it with a existing save, but if you invested 3 points into Dual Wielding in any character before using this mod then you will have effectively wasted 1 proficiency point, since now 2 pips is the max for dual-wielding. However, you can use a save editor like EEkeeper to redistribute those proficiency points.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    it would be really nice if this mod could be incorporated into the tweaks anothology. I love the idea, but I am having difficulty getting them to work together.
  • NotsoNotso Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone tried this with Item Revisions? In particular I'm wondering about Item Revisions' "Revised Shield Bonuses" component. Would they work "properly" together?

(I imagine that it could be quite overpowered, given that Item Revisions' Large Shields give a -4 bonus to AC, which combined with this mods' -2 bonus to AC from Shield-Fighting proficiency is quite a bit of bonus AC.)