Skip to content

Anyone personally hoping for a Dragon Age Origins style camera for BG3?

AmirKingAmirKing Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Baldur's Gate III
I've seen a lot of discussion here about how BG3 should strictly be isometric. I'm personally hoping for a NWN/DAO style where you can choose between isometric and third person. I loved exploring the DAO world in third person and fighting enemies in the isometric view. This offers so much flexibility to the player. I know someone who played all of DAO with the isometric view. However, this option would increase the budget of the game.

I also feel like Larian has been edging along these lines for a while now. Divinity Original Sin was a great game but sometimes felt like a isometric/third-person game without the choice. I remember Cyseal having a lot of verticality and beautifully designed upper assets for what should've been a isometric game.

Which camera style would you guys prefer?

Moderator note:
This account is a spambot that has copy/pasted this text from another site.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Isometric. Its the best way to play western rpgs.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »

dao had an isometric camera. it was just like nwn it had like 3 camera modes.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    This is the one dimension of a classic RPG in which I disagree with many other fans and agree with you OP. I also prefer the DA-style third-person perspective. And I'm quite confident that you will get your wish in BG3. But for me it won't matter at all because the game being TB will make it impossible for me to play.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    megamike15 wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »

dao had an isometric camera. it was just like nwn it had like 3 camera modes.

Not on the version I played :P
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    DAO has the best camera out of all the RPGs I've played.

It transitions so fluently between an immersive OTS exploration view and a top down tactical combat view.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    I would actually at least like the option of a third person over the shoulder camera, to be honest I think it would help make the game a bit more immersive and it would make all the 3D work feel a bit more like it has a point.
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,570
    1varangian wrote: »
    DAO has the best camera out of all the RPGs I've played.

It transitions so fluently between an immersive OTS exploration view and a top down tactical combat view.

I liked the DAO camera and it was groundbreaking for its time, but for me it had some serious issues. It's been awhile, but I definitely remember struggling in some combat situations to get the camera to reveal distant enemies. And I remember this being a persistent issues throughout the game. Outside of combat, it was flawless.