Skip to content

How does change the reputation when moving from BGEE to SoD ? I mean particularly with NPCs like Viconia or Baeloth. Do I get back the reputation points lost at the start of SoD or not ?
For example: I have Viconia in my party and a reputation of 10. We happily finish M. S. and then after a bit of frolicking in the catacombs I am suddenly alone, without my previous co;panions. Do I get back the 2 lost reputation points or are they lost forever ? Interestingly, it seems to me that if during the game one of the NPCs who causes the reputation to lower dies and you expel him-her from the party, then your reputation does not change (you do not get back the two points).
At the moment I am about 10 reputation points with Viconia and Baeloth. If I get back the points, everything's OK. If not, I will need to dive to a reputation of 6 if I want to take them one more time in SoD... and 4 if I want the goblin...

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    With Viconia, Baeloth, or Dorn in your party, your max rep is 18, iirc. Drow and Blackguads have a deserved bad reputation, so having them in your party reflects that. You get the rep back when they leave.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    OK so at the end of BG I get back my lost reputation points (when I keep on in SoD) ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    When you move from BG:EE to SoD, all your endgame party stays with you for the initial dungeon. After that, NPCs leave - as if they left your party. So it means penalties from having Viconia and Dorn will be recovered (by +4) when you find yourself in The Ducal Palace. Then you will be able to explore SoD and get those NPCs again (with the same penalties to reputation).
    ThacoBell
    @JuliusBorisov @ThacoBell Thanks a lot !
    JuliusBorisov
    Interstingly if one of this character dies and I drop him out of the party the reputation does not change. Is it intended like that ?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    @Rigel
    It should make sense.

If the drow/Blackguard get killed, and you ditch their body in an unmarked grave, people are not going to think the better of you.

But if you take an active step and boot them, people can see that you seemingly are trying to improve.

Imo it makes sense as it is now.
    JuliusBorisovSon_of_ImoenThacoBellmonico
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    When you move from BG:EE to SoD, all your endgame party stays with you for the initial dungeon. After that, NPCs leave - as if they left your party. So it means penalties from having Viconia and Dorn will be recovered (by +4) when you find yourself in The Ducal Palace. Then you will be able to explore SoD and get those NPCs again (with the same penalties to reputation).

That's not what happened in my recent playthrough, I was rep 6 in bgee and stayed the same in SOD even after they left, and when I re-recruted them I got the -2 again for each one.
    Just a heads up .
    Rigelmonico