Skip to content

Did you miss lil' old me?

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
I am back! Long time no see but, I've been so preoccupied. I think I made 2 posts in the last month or so.

Someone tell me what's going down that I missed since.
HaHaCharade

Comments

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Welcome back! I seem to remember seeing your posts more recently. Maybe I was just reading old threads? Where have you been?
    Ward
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yesss I missed you.
    Ward
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Well I've been doing school work and following the US Presidential Debates (even though I am Australian) for lolz. Australians aren't told about anything in the world except shootings and thieves and speeding.

My tip: Watch Fox News' coverage of the debates for EXTRA ROFLMAOS. @SeanHannity's words are almost as fake as that hair piece.
    BrudeWiggles
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Who are you?
    Ward
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2012
    Why didn't I get a cookie? Now I'm sad :(

;)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    You missed the announcement that a new female elven cleric NPC was added and will be romancable.
    MoomintrollBrude
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    THE FLOOR IS MADE OF LAVA
    TJ_HookerWigglesHaHaCharadeMedullaOblongata
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2012

You missed the announcement that a new female elven cleric NPC was added and will be romancable.

Viconia is also romanceable in bg1?? great news!!!

MoomintrollQuartz
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Coriander : if that was true then I'd be dead by the time I write th--
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

The Viconia from an alternate Faerun? Thought everyone knew that already...
    Drugar said:

Who are you?

Why, can't, weeeeeeeee... be friends? Oooooooooooooooooooo! OOOOOOO!

You remember the cookie jar, filled up with golden cookies, to be eaten for a great day to come? Well... that day was yesterday... there's no cookie left... sorry? :'(

Don't worry, @PhillipDaigle is keeping one for me, he signed a legally binding pinky swear promise.
    Coriander said:

I wish I got this joke.
    BrudeHaHaCharadeQuartz
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited October 2012
    Ward said:

Coriander said:

I wish I got this joke.
    The Floor Is Lava is a game where people pretend the floor is...made of lava (so contact is bad), and you have to leave the room or otherwise move around without touching the floor. It starts when someone yells, "THE FLOOR IS LAVA!" Anyone who is too slow to react gets burned by the lava and "dies." :)
    Deltaslayer
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Ward said:

I am back! Long time no see but, I've been so preoccupied. I think I made 2 posts in the last month or so.

Thank Silvanus you have returned! Evil is afoot in Kuldahar. Strange orcs prowl through town, killing our townspeople!
    mlnevesesandmanCCLQuartzWard
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560

Ward said:

Thank Silvanus you have returned! Evil is afoot in Kuldahar. Strange orcs prowl through town, killing our townspeople!
    Silvanus or ... Sylvanas? O.O
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Brude: more proof that Blizzard can't think of ideas on their own. All of their major IPs, they stole from Games Workshop. In this case, they lifted that name straight out of Forgotten Realms lore.

Which is a crying shame, because there is so much more soul and sheer bad-assery in Warhammer Fantasy than Warcraft, and EASILY more soul and awesomeness (and grim darkness!) in Warhammer 40k than Starcraft.
    BrudeHaHaCharadeRenulan
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Of course we missed you @Ward - without you here I've been able to slam IWD repeatedly for lack of story and characterization, and there just hasn't been any opposition. WB. 8)
    Ward
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @sandmanCCL This may just be Blizzard spin but I think the issue was the games workshop wouldn't give blizzard the rights to adapt their games. A shame if that was the case.
    +what Cheesebelly said.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I missed you... but I cannot remember why :P
    Cheesebelly

Technically speaking, Silvanus was the god of the woods in ancient Roman mythology, which was created *way* before the Forgotten Realms... But oh well, DETAILS! XD

Greek/Roman Mythology for the win! I *love* it.
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    @sandmanCCL You mean to say Duneship Troopers has a soul?
    @Shin Obsolete feudin' runs our planet!

@HahaCharade Roman stole all their cool stuff from Greeks.
    HaHaCharade
    Dude the fat and bone is great. The fat can be used to make fire bombs and the bone can be used to make dollies or carvings.
    HaHaCharade
    As for t3h scraps.. why, compost m4h friend.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @HaHaCharade, ah, that means that Orpheus is an archetypal bard character, then. I didn't know that. I'm always looking for examples of bard heroes in myth, literature, and film.

Cleric heroes can also be hard to find, outside the Bible - I don't mean priestly or monkly characters, I mean fictional D&D cleric archetypes, with clerical magic powers.

Welcome back, @Ward.
    HaHaCharade
    edited October 2012

@HaHaCharade, ah, that means that Orpheus is an archetypal bard character, then. I didn't know that. I'm always looking for examples of bard heroes in myth, literature, and film.

For sure. Orpheus is the most famous bard in all of Greek myth and arguably the most famous ever. Was said that while Apollo created the Lyre, it was Orpheus that played it the best. I urge you to check out the myth where he visits the Underworld called Orpheus and Eurydice... It is really cool.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @HaHaCharade Have you read Ted Hughes' Tales from Ovid. Gah, I would quote a passage but it is currently too deep in the book-strata :/
    Great book for fans of Hughes and tales of Greek myth.

@HaHaCharade Have you read Ted Hughes' Tales from Ovid. Gah, I would quote a passage but it is currently too deep in the book-strata :/
    Great book for fans of Hughes and tales of Greek myth.

I have not but thanks for the recommendation! Is it like a book based around Greek myth or is it a book on Greek myth?