Skip to content

Helm of balduran(s)

Imported my gnome illusion fighter (fignom) from vanilla BGEE (SoD) to vanilla BG2EE, woke up in lil jon's dungeon; started to escape it, found myself in jon's room, the one next to the portal, opened 1 of untrapped drawers and found 3 helm of baldurans. in same drawer. Anything like this happened to any of you?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    no and i am quite sure that a bug occurred.
    consider your charname very lucky and profit, i hope that you are not soloing :).
    or take a single helm if you feel guilty to use them all, but if luck kisses you why not profit, if you deny her kiss she can turn her attention elsewhere... ;)
    AerakarMephisto66kaja8
  • Mephisto66Mephisto66 Member Posts: 11
    Hmm, hmm, yes i created my own party but i only 1 Charname and a few extra characters i created in bg1 via create party.
    Tx for the hint.
    Balrog99
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think i've found up to 6 in there once, but yeah, this happens to me all the time

here are some instances of this happening to me;

eovhlu3sbakr.jpg
    u9z8diotosd3.jpg

• DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    That’s cool! I’ve only ever found one there. I suppose it’s a lucky perk of creating your own party :)
    StummvonBordwehr
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    on a side note us italians use to mimic 2 horns with the hand, extending only the pinky and the index finger and this can both imply, depending on the situation, that your partner is not so honest with you and be a way to wish you good luck.
    also that helm has horn, and who finds more of one is indeed lucky (but if you are a male charname and want to romance aerie beware of a certain bard... :) ).
    sarevok57iosfrustration
  • jeanindubjeanindub Member Posts: 9
    I had the same thing, I thaought it was SCS mod.

Samely, I found 5 swords +2 frost, "Varscona" in the room with the activable golem

sarevok57iosfrustration
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Somewhat unrelated, but my favourite “Monty haul” loot moment was being attacked while resting in the maze in watchers keep. six Alu-fiends. normally this would have been a party wipe for me. but I was resting in an anti-magic room. Every one dropped a waters edge scimitar
    gorgonzolaStummvonBordwehrsarevok57
    jmerry wrote: »
    "Monty Haul" moments? Here's one from my current run:
    ddq168zitff5.jpg
    Three scrolls of Stoneskin from one ogre mage, in BGEE (Cloakwood Mines). Neither of the two mages in my party had even reached level 7 yet. Clearly a glitch, but wow.

a mod perhaps? stoneskin is never a random scroll drop in any of the BG games
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBelliosfrustrationJuliusBorisov
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yes, there's a component of SCS that increases the randomness of scroll drops.

On the other hand, random scroll drops in BG1 are still level-based. Some monsters drop random level 1 scrolls, others drop random level 2 scrolls, a few drop random level 3 scrolls, and I'm not sure anything drops random level 4 scrolls.
    This particular ogre mage is supposed to drop his weapon (a +1 katana) and three instances of RNDTRE05. Somehow, all three of those random treasures came out as Stoneskin scrolls.
    sarevok57
    jmerry wrote: »
    Yes, there's a component of SCS that increases the randomness of scroll drops.

On the other hand, random scroll drops in BG1 are still level-based. Some monsters drop random level 1 scrolls, others drop random level 2 scrolls, a few drop random level 3 scrolls, and I'm not sure anything drops random level 4 scrolls.
    This particular ogre mage is supposed to drop his weapon (a +1 katana) and three instances of RNDTRE05. Somehow, all three of those random treasures came out as Stoneskin scrolls.

in bg1, the highest level spell drops are level 3, luckily the EEs added a chance to drop invisibility 10' radius which can ONLY be found from a random scroll drop ( i use the ogre mage house in BG the city and wand of fireball them into oblivion and reload until one of them drops that scroll, unless i have found it else where first, which has only happened a couple of times out of 100 or so play throughs )
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There is a bug in the 2.5 version: "Create Party should not create items for non-protagonist characters"

It will be fixed by the 2.6 patch.
    gorgonzola
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    There is a bug in the 2.5 version: "Create Party should not create items for non-protagonist characters"

It will be fixed by the 2.6 patch.

Soon...
    jeanindub