Skip to content

Quests that do not end ?

XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
Hi everyone !

So...I'm just back from the Island of werewolves and....I killed both Mendas and Selaad, and....nothing. Reclusive Scholar, Mysterious Island and Balduran's Final Voyage quests are still on...I tried to reload and speak to Dushai prior, but she says nothing...

I use BGEE latest version (2.56 I think ?) coz Steam. Maybe Sword Coasts Stratagem is causing that ?

Any idea on what happen and how to correct this ?

Thanks people :)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please zip and attach a save.
  • XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
    Thanks for your quick answer. :)
    Here is a file. Selaad and Mendas killed. Talked to Dushai after, but even with talking before, it changed nothing, she just says she has nothing more to tell me...

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I've looked into this, and can confirm that in my own save I too didn't get the "Finished" stage for Mysterious Island and Balduran's Final Voyage. Reclusive Scholar, though, finished for me, when I killed Mendas. Your saves shows me the same it does for you.

I too use the SCS mod, but I'm not sure it matters.

This might be a bug with the journal (there were many more journal bugs before). I recommend to move on and finish the game. There are no achievements for the Werewolves Island anyway, so no big harm done in quests not closing.

You can report this bug at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that it's logged in.
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for your advice and time :)

Although strange coz I just loaded the same save abd Reclusive Scholar is not finished...:'(
    Hi guys !

So, I have finished BGEE, and now I am on SoD, past the prologue (now in Ducal Palace)

The quests mentionned before are still shown as not finished. But other quests do not show as finished either :

- On the Trail of Sarevok
    - Rising tensions with Amn
    - Tandem in Extremis
    - The Rise of Sarevok

Pretty sure those involve achievements or other rewards ;)

Did that happened to other people ?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Could you attach your BGEE final save? I assume that will show the unfinished quests.
    Thanks for quick answer :) Here it is :
  • ZorutarZorutar Member Posts: 16
    Based on the post above:

Is there any way how to complete "Rising tensions with Amn" quest?
    (playing BGEE v2.5.16.6 / WIn10)

Thank you everyone for feedback.
  • CygnataCygnata Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2021
    Same issue with the same quests happening here.

- On the Trail of Sarevok
    - Rising tensions with Amn
    - Tandem in Extremis
    - The Rise of Sarevok

Playing SoD, all are still active.